Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Olga Gurlukovich posted:

probably israel will fly some planes in and bomb some buildings in iran is my guess right

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"when israel became the beacon of democracy in the middle east they knew what they signed up for"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

My God, Iran has captured Jerry Seinfeld

Andrea Mitchell is married to Alan Greenspan. I notice people stopped calling him "the maestro" after he presided over the economy falling the gently caress apart lol

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Weka posted:

Somebody posted in maybe the WW3 thread that the kinetic energy of a ballistic missile is a significant portion of its destructive force.

That's the entire portion of its destructive force. What do you think a ballistic missile does?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Olga Gurlukovich posted:

probably israel will fly some planes in and bomb some buildings in iran is my guess right

Iran has actual air defenses though, and the US will absolutely poo poo a brick if an F35 gets shot down

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Tankbuster posted:

me as the lancer with the goofy pennant.

9th Hodson's Horse based on the puggaree, sahee?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1779351186295914744

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

RedQueen posted:

someone a few days back said the media will continue to be watertight / lockstep through any escalation which was correct, tonight they all went with “almost all intercepted” and “minimal damage”

“The US’s assessment tonight was that almost all of the drones and missiles – including more than 100 ballistic missiles -- launched by Iran had been knocked out of the sky. No cruise missile made impact, the official said, and nothing of “value” was hit.”

like I just watched at least 5 of these afterburner ones hit from some random Twitter video

the statement was 100% accurate for certain definitions of 'of value'

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Another hilarious blow to the 5th reich

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

will we get a definitive answer of what the results of the attack against isreal were?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

hitting a f35 is such a bonus level high score

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

FormaldehydeSon posted:

will we get a definitive answer of what the results of the attack against isreal were?

pamps filled

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

this netan guy is a real yahu

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

netizen posted:

That's the entire portion of its destructive force. What do you think a ballistic missile does?

explode?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

PhilippAchtel posted:

Looks like the world isn't ending tonight.

Sorry, fellas.

drat im shocked. i thought all those people rushing in to be like ww3??? with one hand on the keyboard and other down their pants were right this time.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

netizen posted:

they carry explosive warheads with them dude lmao

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7353414299001310495

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israeli-official-iran-failed-now-its-turn-to-go-sleepless/
A senior Israeli source quoted by Channel 12 says “Iran’s attack was a strategic failure.”

“Now they can get ready and not sleep in peace,” the source adds threateningly.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

really queer Christmas posted:

drat im shocked. i thought all those people rushing in to be like ww3??? with one hand on the keyboard and other down their pants were right this time.

i'll have you know i need both hands

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

netizen posted:

Isn't ballistic referring to it's flight path since there exist nuclear tipped inter Continental ballistic missiles which would certainly be more powerful than the kinetic energy

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Spergin Morlock posted:

they carry explosive warheads with them dude lmao

???

????

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Probably not, similar dynamics at play here as in the Ukraine war where Israel and its western allies have every incentive to downplay the severity of the attack while Iran has every incentive to play up the destruction it caused. All we can say definitively for now is that a portion of the missiles and drones connected with their targets and overwhelmed at least some sections of Israeli air defense. The actual extent of the damage is going to be unknown for quite a while.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

netizen posted:

???

????

basically this

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Sancho Banana posted:

This is it for now. Time will tell if Israel does something incredibly stupid in response or if it'll be a Desert Storm situation and Israel refrains from responding. Probably the former.

What's up

Glad you’re ok!
It’s probably too early in the morning to ask what the general vibe is like over there, but I’m curious

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Imo Netanyahus a dummy (in terms of achieving his personal goals) if he doesnt go ahead and try to bomb iran directly, or launch a mass bombing campaign in lebanon

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

MadSparkle posted:

Glad you’re ok!
It’s probably too early in the morning to ask what the general vibe is like over there, but I’m curious

A bit early for that yeah, but so far people online are gloating about that bullshit interception rate more than anything

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Weka posted:

Somebody posted in maybe the WW3 thread that the kinetic energy of a ballistic missile is a significant portion of its destructive force.

Ah never thought about it! Very rough estimate for energy density of high explosives is 1-10kcal per gram, so say a 2000kg warhead traveling at 5km/s has a kinetic energy of 25GJ and chemical energy of 8-80GJ. Neat!
That quickly goes down as the vehicle comes in slower though: 1km/s is already a 25th of that energy

Leandros has issued a correction as of 05:22 on Apr 14, 2024

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

holy poo poo that tweet is almost a decade old

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

did biden finally make a good decision

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

This is Bad for Netanyahus electability

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Sancho Banana posted:

A bit early for that yeah, but so far people online are gloating about that bullshit interception rate more than anything

suddenly remembering they're from the ukrane with those cooked interception numbers

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

9th Hodson's Horse based on the puggaree, sahee?

Idk, I just want to carry a gay lil stick and ride on a horse. Also probably because it was the most well known of indian cavalry units.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol biden not helping israel attack iran means israel is loving stuck. theyre not gonna attack iran at all.

Israel is gonna eat a strategic defeat that will make 1967 look like a minor setback. theres no way israel will be able to repair their deterrence, sense of security or reputation.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

His remaining support base is precisely the type of people who would respond to this stuff by musterbating over how epic his response is gonna be rather than questioning why things had to get to this point

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

lol biden not helping israel attack iran means israel is loving stuck. theyre not gonna attack iran at all.

i'm not really convinced that tracks tbfamalam wit u

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

lmao at the guy yelling BLYAT at the end

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
thank god sancho banana is OK.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i think israel should be really frightened by the fact that america let Iran carry out a proportionate precise retaliatory strike against israel and is going to let them get away with it.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Al-Saqr posted:

i think israel should be really frightened by the fact that america let Iran carry out a proportionate precise retaliatory strike against israel and is going to let them get away with it.

did yemen found out american healthcare yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Lol