Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

for some masochistic reason I decided to put on star war episode 1 and oh man I definitely forgot how dire so much of it is. I can’t help but think about the hundreds of the most talented people in the movie industry busting rear end to work on this thinking it was going to make their careers

for all the cgi, I do appreciate the waterfalls being salt poured at a distance and the podracing stands being painted cotton swabs :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
watched og Night of the Living Dead last night. good stuff.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Civil War was real good. looks like it's Garland's last as a director :(

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
nice to see the ferengis are still selling slug-o

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Chris Knight posted:

it really holds up so well, especially for being a pocket change horror production from the 60s

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Chris Knight posted:

that movie kicks rear end

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

quiggy posted:

that movie kicks rear end

duane jones was perfect in it, too

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!

Chris Knight posted:

went to the theater last night to see 1978 dawn of the dead. also good stuff

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had it in mind to watch Jackie Chan's "Thunderbolt" because I remembered the poster of him in racing gear, but got "The Protector"'s title in my head and ended up watching that. turns out it's an American made film co-starring Danny Aiello of all people.

apparently the bad experience on this film made Jackie make Police Story! anyway I can't say I'd recommend watching it, but if you feel like a completest just skip ahead to all the action scenes.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the fallout show contains an UNBELIEVABLE amount of fanservice but somehow its not awful

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

rotor posted:

the fallout show contains an UNBELIEVABLE amount of fanservice but somehow its not awful

yeah seriously, i'm so hooked

loved that at one point in a flashback walter goggins walks in front of a poster for the movie 'a man and his dog' lol. (god that movie was hosed)

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

Chris Knight posted:

had it in mind to watch Jackie Chan's "Thunderbolt" because I remembered the poster of him in racing gear, but got "The Protector"'s title in my head and ended up watching that. turns out it's an American made film co-starring Danny Aiello of all people.

apparently the bad experience on this film made Jackie make Police Story! anyway I can't say I'd recommend watching it, but if you feel like a completest just skip ahead to all the action scenes.
there's also a HK cut of The Protector where Jackie went back and removed a bunch of questionable content (drugs, swearing, etc) and added a bunch of additonal fight scenes

Thunderbolt sucks though. it's full of that step printed effect that every HK movie apparently required after the release of Chungking Express

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

rotor posted:

i think it works because 90% of it is in the background and never mentioned by any characters

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

polyester concept posted:

i think it works because 90% of it is in the background and never mentioned by any characters

also fallout started off well written.

not like disco elysium or some world-building monster, but rather the original writers did a good job of establishing a few pillars of the world (nuclear apocalypse, vaults, a recognizable americana esthetic more than a timeline), and then got pretty whimsical filling the world with little details without getting bogged down in interconnecting things.

good that the show follows.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i love that stimpacks work exactly like the game with no explanation

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I was expecting that the scientist dude would get injected with a stimpack and his foot would just grow back in seconds as is implied in the games.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

I was expecting that the scientist dude would get injected with a stimpack and his foot would just grow back in seconds as is implied in the games.

*ahem* actually that would require a Doctor's Bag for a Crippled Limb.

I only watched the first two episodes and someone likes their foot trauma - the dead guy in the neighboring vault, the squire's boot, and the Enclave scientist

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i’m four episodes in, and it’s a little underwhelming but still fun

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

polyester concept posted:

yeah, it's there enough but they don't pick up every item label-out for the camera. it helps that a lot of posters and products shoved into every corner would be there anyways

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The lead actress has the biggest eyes, like they could have cast her in Alita: Battle Angel and not needed the animefication pass.

Putting her and Anya Taylor Joy into a staring contest and seeing who flinches first.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

that what makes the auto-doc attaching the finger so much better. I was watching it and had a 'oh, well that explains it' moment, much like the tracker being a physical object manually placed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Fallout was pretty poorly written but I had a slow day at work on Friday and watched a bunch while doing paperwork. the costumes were great, a few of the sets were really well designed, the bit actors were great (Matt Berry, Zach Cherry, and Jon Daly in particular), Johnny Pemberton rules, and Goggins was gogginsing the gently caress out of the scenes he was in, worth watching for him alone. solid C+

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

my favorite part is when the doctor guy shows up and says to the main girl "You, as the protagonist in this series, will now undergo a character arc, leaving you changed from who you were earlier in this episode. Google hero's journey to find out more. Goodbye"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

indigi posted:

Fallout was pretty poorly written but

Once again, I do not know why the science fiction hater posts so much in the science fiction thread. CD is made for you you know

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I said like eight things I liked about the show. you like to go to the mattresses for inconsistent writing I guess? go for it

like I honestly don't understand how you watch the inconsistent characterization of Lucy or Maximus between episodes and want to argue that Todd Howard wrote a good story, but different strokes

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

inconsistency is one of the main attributes of the fallout universe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the other is pathos via artfully posed skeletons

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

eh it doesn’t even matter

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Watched 6/8 of Fallout, I am not immune to propaganda as the Fallout New Vegas musical sting when our heroine unfurled the NCR flag gave me a big :mmmhmm: moment.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i have been enjoying explaining some of the details to my wife, like that they use bottlecaps for money, and that guy just took a drug called psycho, and what a pip-boy does in the game. she is fascinated and astounded by my wisdom

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

i have been enjoying explaining some of the details to my wife, like that they use bottlecaps for money

for the tomatoes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
fallout ep 6 spoiler

it was really clear that she was gonna visit level 12 but like .. that was dumb as hell. If i have a fiction pet peeve, its time travel. If i have a second fiction pet peeve its otherwise smart characters making insanely stupid choices just to advance the plot line. The fallout show has been pretty good so far but this poo poo made me say "oh for fucks sake" out loud.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
watching ep 1 of fallout tahts not how nukes work. also did they battle angel alita thsi chicks eyeballs wtf

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

fallout ep 6 spoiler

it was really clear that she was gonna visit level 12 but like .. that was dumb as hell. If i have a fiction pet peeve, its time travel. If i have a second fiction pet peeve its otherwise smart characters making insanely stupid choices just to advance the plot line. The fallout show has been pretty good so far but this poo poo made me say "oh for fucks sake" out loud.

idk, i think it works cause its what my character in the game would have done (altho my speech and/or sneak would have got me out of it)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bump_fn posted:

also did they battle angel alita thsi chicks eyeballs wtf

I know, she's so pretty :allears:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the bene gesserit but instead of creating the kwisatz haderach its actresses with huge eyes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the fallout tv macguffin being cold fusion is dumb as hell, but otherwise i enjoyed it. thank u todd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also remaster new vegas, todd. jsawyer and you are both at microsoft now