Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Modders have already rooted around in the benchmark and legacy shaders are still there, so any visual mods shouldn't break when the update hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got High for my results but I was using a stupid 4K monitor I didn't actually mean to buy so I'm pretty satisfied with that since my framerate never went below 40

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Extremely High at 1440p Maximum but I'm still tempted to blow some of my bonus money on a new video card

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I finally did the ff16 event and I'm left completely baffled by the people who refused to touch the dodge button. You are synced down to 50, how can you not be desperately looking for another button to hit lol.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Waffleman_ posted:

Modders have already rooted around in the benchmark and legacy shaders are still there, so any visual mods shouldn't break when the update hits

The real exciting news from modders is that CBU3 has upgraded their compiler server from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Vista. We are truly living in the future.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I got 10632 at 1440 with DLSS, so I think i'm in good shape.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

LCD SteamDeck, Running Docked at 1080p in Desktop Mode via Lutris (so, presumably, will be a bit better under XIV Launcher Conditions)

Given how I'm playing this game, I'm pretty happy I'm getting 30fps square off of this still.

Veev posted:

The freckle tattoo looks like a tattoo instead of actual freckles now unfortunately.

If it helps any my "freckles" are set to reversed.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 14, 2024

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Quote is not edit.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Someone out there found a way to display non-default hairstyles in the benchmark.

https://twitter.com/EENlX/status/1779482625075491224

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Ojjeorago posted:

The real exciting news from modders is that CBU3 has upgraded their compiler server from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Vista. We are truly living in the future.

im the source on this one and you can't really trust what DIE is saying for the compiler server lol.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

dark skin looks so much better now. glad to see my 3060 Ti's still holding up

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I can't figure out how to upload my character to the benchmark, I've uploaded my character in game but I can't work out what to do in the Benchmark to retrieve her.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
From the benchmark launcher, pick character creator. That let's you load any saved character creator data you already have in the main game.

It doesn't actually pull your playable characters, just the creator data. To be specific.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Weird, I don't have that option in the character builder.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I am over the moon with how good he looks! What the gently caress!!! :aaaaa:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

rantmo posted:

Weird, I don't have that option in the character builder.

Okay. It should ask you when it starts. Maybe there's a problem where it doesn't know you have the main game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

are you looking in the right place?

when you hit 'create character,'

this pops up

check 'load appearance data,' then hit ok

a list of saved appearances should appear.

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

Ready for Dawntrail! Glad I upgraded my rig last year in anticipation.
Shame this is the only time I'll get to see my character's face cause I'm always wearing full helmets.

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014
For anyone running Linux (not Steam Deck) the creator of DXVK updated their benchmark launcher for the Dawntrail benchmark. Available here: https://github.com/doitsujin/ffxiv-benchmark-launcher. It needs a bit of fiddling and some things aren't 100% there but it does work, including DLSS. I need to mess around a bit with the DXVK settings because I got noticeable frame drops when a lot of new shaders had to be translated and compiled, e.g. at the beginning of the big battle scene.

I expect performance to be better on release once the XIVLauncher team does their magic with Wine and DXVK.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Endorph posted:

are you looking in the right place?

when you hit 'create character,'

this pops up

Yeah, I get the popup but no option to load data. I just have the benchmark in a folder on my desktop, is that what I'm doing wrong?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/magitekwitch/status/1779487526178177460?t=XMAq9cNWpC2VEnAqePCweA&s=19

If you set your computer's date to April 1, you get Hildibrand but apparently if your computer is lower spec you get Brandihild, which is 10/10

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no thats what im doing too. do you actually have any appearances saved? go to ff14 proper and hit 'create character,' does the option appear there?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got a score on the border of Very High and Extremely High. I think with more fiddling in the actual game where I can see changes live it'll be more than fine. Not as good as what some of y'all are putting out, but I've always been somewhat humble with my graphical expectations. It LOOKS good to me!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

On the character select screen after you log in, right click your character name and hit "Save Appearance Data"

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

On the character select screen after you log in, right click your character name and hit "Save Appearance Data"

Ah ha, that's what did it! I'm on a new computer so the appearance data wasn't saved locally. Easiest of fixes.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Also relaunch the benchmark. I wasn't getting the option either until I did that when I saved data with the benchmark on in the background.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh, yeah, stuff like appearance data is saved locally, not to the Cloud or whatever.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Might just be a Vibe thing, but y'all's shots on the ship feel less zoomed in than mine is.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My laptop still managed 6000ish and Fairly High, despite the video card comparing unfavorably to a GTX970. I think people aren't going to run into issues simply running DT unless they truly have the potato-est of PCs.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

3080 here as well and it's odd that we have the same score with me running a 2017 CPU. But yeah, we'll be fine. Honestly, other than character models, I couldn't really notice any big changes.

hmm. I am undervolting a bit with msi afterburner so that my room isn’t a sauna, I should rerun the benchmark with it turned off

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thundarr posted:

My laptop still managed 6000ish and Fairly High, despite the video card comparing unfavorably to a GTX970. I think people aren't going to run into issues simply running DT unless they truly have the potato-est of PCs.

Yeah, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable about it after the Benchmark. Like, we *knew* it had to still run on PS4 but there's a difference between knowing it and seeing it. And as a Potato Gamer I'm always playing the "when they say 'minimum' do they mean it'll refuse to run or they just don't want to commit to it looking gorgeous" game.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I've been idly speccing up a PC upgrade after this. It would be cool to be able to run on the highest settings. But it seems like it'll look great either way.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I was not expecting my office workstation (i9-9900k + 3080, 3440x1440) to score as low as it did, but maybe that's just a sign it's time to upgrade the processor.

Living room gaming PC (7800X3D + 4090, 3840x2160) did not break a sweat. First time running the game on that machine and AutoHDR makes it look gorgeous on the OLED.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't play video games at work

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm perfectly content with a Very High given that I cranked every setting up to maximum. I don't see much of a difference to my WoL other than the cheek scar looks more like a scar so no complaints there either.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Veev posted:

The freckle tattoo looks like a tattoo instead of actual freckles now unfortunately.

Freckles never get much respect or attention in video games unfortunately. We're usually lucky to get the option for a dusting of specks across the cheeks and almost never get the option for freckles all over the body (shoutout to BG3!).

Also, if the colors feel wrong or washed out to anyone, try going into the settings and turning the Gamma Correction setting down to 0. It defaults to 50 just like FFXIV and IMO has always made things look a bit washed out.

Its a pretty noticeable difference:

(also the windcaller hair is clearly not in a final state, but thats not too surprising given we weren't supposed to be able to access it in the benchmark)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Bruceski posted:

Might just be a Vibe thing, but y'all's shots on the ship feel less zoomed in than mine is.

My ship shot was a custom shot because I wasn't happy with how far the default screenshot zoomed in. :v:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also, if the colors feel wrong or washed out to anyone, try going into the settings and turning the Gamma Correction setting down to 0. It defaults to 50 just like FFXIV and IMO has always made things look a bit washed out.

Its a pretty noticeable difference:

Lol jesus that is a huge difference

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't play video games at work

But what if I work at video games?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Not super pleased with how my character looks in the benchmark, but it's also not the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I was meh about the changes and then I fiddled with some stuff and now I like benchmark cat quite a bit. Gonna need to use that free fantasia though