Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Haven't had a fun car in a while, and after getting annihilated by hail and getting t boned by a red runner all our car stuff has been fixing and replacing the normie cars. Sat in a GR86 and wow, they both feel nicer and have a more legit sportscar feel than I was expecting. I'm looking for older M5s and it had me questioning things, at least until I saw the back seat. Or do I really need one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

Forbes leaked the new 4runner.

All if you who wanted piano black plastic fender flares on an offroad vehicle finally got your way.

The dog that ate a bee

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
The new Land Cruiser is an inch shorter than the new 4Runner.

Because of course.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I had a lot of trepidation about buying a ‘24 4Runner without knowing what the ‘25 would bring.

That feeling is gone.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

The shiny black plastic must be cheap as poo poo because it’s everywhere and it looks awful. Like awful awful.

it's painted, not just shiny plastic. still terrible tho!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I do like the rear 3/4 shot though. Rear windows look closer to the 4th gen and the shape is good. Crazy how big it is.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Alfa have fallen a loooooong way

Stellantis must be destroyed.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

The new Land Cruiser is an inch shorter than the new 4Runner.

Because of course.

Pay more for less

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

Stellantis must be destroyed.

I would put the responsibility of Alfa going to shite in the hands of Romano Prodi rather than random Globocorps, he is the one that sold it to Fiat and started the slide into mediocrity,

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fknlo posted:

I keep seeing Ioniq 6's and man, what a visual mess of a car. Not a single legitimately good angle on it.

The concept was honestly a 9.5/10, the production model kinda looks like a cat hunching its back or a weird fish in profile. Like you say it has no good angles.

GD_American posted:

I loving hate big plastic fender covers and squared wheel arches.

I'd literally time-skip past Baby Hitler to kill the guy who made them popular

:lol:

:agreed:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Alfa Romeo Milano media event just finished

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHLpgaAMSs

The custom interior seems nice, anything but the front and rear hatch is the standard STLA small suv so pretty milquetoast.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 10, 2024

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I love the wheels and the headlights. The logo grille is so, so, so terrible. The rest of it is meh, crossover version 1 billion.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I don't hate the logo grille in theory, but that execution is "my buddy has a CNC machine"

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Failson posted:

I don't hate the logo grille in theory, but that execution is "my buddy has a CNC machine"

It seems that the logo grille is the top spec trim, the rest gets a more tame alfa grille (see 03:50 in the vid)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Think I'm gonna test drive a new Nissan Frontier SV since they are selling for $6k under msrp here. Way cheaper than a new Tacoma lol, and the last NA V6 small truck you can get.

Holding out hope it drives decent, but I suppose if I'm gonna drive any BOF truck or SUV I'm just gonna have to get used to it :smith:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
$6k under MSRP makes it seem pretty reasonably priced, especially in 2024. I hope it drives great.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I like the frontier. If I were in the market for a truck I'd definitely look at it. A friend of mine actually is and I told him to check them out and he likes it too. No luck with incentives in :canada: though, other than an slightly lower APR if you finance.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The Frontier won't be the fastest, fanciest, grunty-ist or luxurious but it will do everything 99% of mid-size truck owners need without complaint.

We opted for the Ridgeline because we liked the cabin comfort more but it was between the Ridgeline and Frontier when we were looking.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

For some reason the only trim levels offered in Canada re the Pro-4x and Pro-4x luxury, meaning a crew cab starts at $55k(40k usd)

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Think I'm gonna test drive a new Nissan Frontier SV since they are selling for $6k under msrp here. Way cheaper than a new Tacoma lol, and the last NA V6 small truck you can get.

Holding out hope it drives decent, but I suppose if I'm gonna drive any BOF truck or SUV I'm just gonna have to get used to it :smith:

Get a Ridgeline for sure. Also a V6, way more comfortable, drives way better, and the under-bed trunk is a feature you won't want to live without once you have it. It even tows pretty good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Get a Ridgeline for sure. Also a V6, way more comfortable, drives way better, and the under-bed trunk is a feature you won't want to live without once you have it. It even tows pretty good.

A Ridgeline would be over $10k more, I'd love one but the trailsport which is the trim I would get starts at $44k.

I can get a similar trim Frontier for $32k.

I'm probably gonna drive both so I'll see but that's a big money difference for me not to take the Frontier, I'd have to really hate it and really love the ridgeline altho that's certainly possible :v:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Nothing really wrong with Frontiers. Decent enough to drive, and the 6cyl is a workhorse.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

The dog that ate a bee

Had the exact same thought. It's a 4runner having an allergic reaction.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

These last two new model posts have made me realise modern design is very Habsburg. Everything looks hugely inbred, the new off road thing is just deformed, weird exaggerated forms everywhere.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

A Ridgeline would be over $10k more, I'd love one but the trailsport which is the trim I would get starts at $44k.

I can get a similar trim Frontier for $32k.

I'm probably gonna drive both so I'll see but that's a big money difference for me not to take the Frontier, I'd have to really hate it and really love the ridgeline altho that's certainly possible :v:

You can get 10% off a Ridgeline pretty easily and it’ll hold its value better than a Frontier.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TheWevel posted:

You can get 10% off a Ridgeline pretty easily and it’ll hold its value better than a Frontier.

ours won't because someone has put a poo poo-ton of dents in it :v:

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
I got rid of my Ranger recently because it was making weird noises when shifting. While it scooted very well for what it was, never really inspired truck confidence.

In retrospect and if it was time to look for a truck again, I'd check out the Frontier. Every Nissan truck I've owned has been alarmingly boring but has never failed to start, shift or run into things and keep going.

Ridgelines were never in stock and Honda didn't let you order one in. Impressive that people would buy a truck without ever being able to sit in it.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

When I helped my dad find his Ridgeline back in 2018, they had them in town here and there. Not Black Editions, but next closest top trim. They all had like $10K in markup and add on bullshit next to the window sticker because all 3 local Honda dealerships suck. We pretended we were interested, drove it, loved it, and then found a Black Edition hanging out in Texas for under msrp. Quick little one way flight and a drive home, and the rest is history.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Franco Caution posted:

When I helped my dad find his Ridgeline back in 2018, they had them in town here and there. Not Black Editions, but next closest top trim. They all had like $10K in markup and add on bullshit next to the window sticker because all 3 local Honda dealerships suck. We pretended we were interested, drove it, loved it, and then found a Black Edition hanging out in Texas for under msrp. Quick little one way flight and a drive home, and the rest is history.

Yeah that's another problem here, the Honda dealerships suck, some of the worst dealership experiences I've had to date so I'm not exactly excited to have to deal with them to just test drive a Ridgeline and god forbid if I'd want to buy one I'd probably have to do the same thing and travel to get a reasonable deal.

Guess I'll find out how the Nissan dealerships are, haven't been to one yet but I imagine not great.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mcqueen posted:

Ridgelines were never in stock and Honda didn't let you order one in. Impressive that people would buy a truck without ever being able to sit in it.

I was pretty lucky. Dealership got 4 black editions in, all were spoken for except one. Test drove it and bought it the next day. Got it for MSRP during covid and they gave me like 16k for my outback, pretty good experience tbh.

I looked at Frontiers too but at the time they were priced pretty comparatively. I thought that it seemd like a nice truck tho.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I picked up my Ridgeline gently used from an Acura dealer who just wanted it off their lot. Look around and you'll find the deals.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Yeah that's another problem here, the Honda dealerships suck,

change a few letters in that name and you're going to experience a whole new level of terrible

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Yeah that's another problem here, the Honda dealerships suck, some of the worst dealership experiences I've had to date so I'm not exactly excited to have to deal with them to just test drive a Ridgeline and god forbid if I'd want to buy one I'd probably have to do the same thing and travel to get a reasonable deal.

Guess I'll find out how the Nissan dealerships are, haven't been to one yet but I imagine not great.

Get ready for a new level of disappointment

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lexus dealerships have spoiled me quite honestly, everything else sucks donkey balls in comparison.

I was considering a used GX460 for awhile and I'd probably already own one if it didn't drive like a giant weeble wobble

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The worst Nissan or Honda dealer experience is still lightyears better than the best Kia/Hyundai dealer. So you have that working for you.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Lexus dealerships have spoiled me quite honestly, everything else sucks donkey balls in comparison.

I was considering a used GX460 for awhile and I'd probably already own one if it didn't drive like a giant weeble wobble

This may be what sways us between a Land Cruiser and a GX550. I assume the Lexus dealer experience with loaners/etc is going to be much better.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Goober Peas posted:

The worst Nissan or Honda dealer experience is still lightyears better than the best Kia/Hyundai dealer. So you have that working for you.

I have an Elantra N that hit a pothole on the lovely Nashville highways at 75 mph. My tire was not in a state where the compressor and fix a flat they give you in the trunk was gonna do anything.

Lucky me though, I have complimentary Hyindai roadside assistance! They were very nice and towed me to the nearest dealer at like 11pm.

Dealer calls me next day and yells at me for towing there, says they have no room for the car, cannot schedule replacing a tire, and I have 48 hours to get the car off their lot.

Hyundai corporate was much nicer 😏

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Scionix posted:

Dealer calls me next day and yells at me for towing there, says they have no room for the car, cannot schedule replacing a tire, and I have 48 hours to get the car off their lot.

christ

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Let me tell you about trying to buy a Genesis. Twice. 3 years apart. I've never felt so much disdain in my life. I thought I was being interviewed for a country club application.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Goober Peas posted:

Let me tell you about trying to buy a Genesis. Twice. 3 years apart. I've never felt so much disdain in my life. I thought I was being interviewed for a country club application.

Similar situation here.
I love how most video previews/reviews and magazine articles mention that "Genesis is working to fix this" and yet, every trip to the dealerships here over the past few years have been exactly the same.
"We hear you. loud and clear!" And then just continue to do everything you have always done that makes people outside of those who are forced to your dealership due to a financial situation, despise you and steer clear of you.

I really wanted to at least try out the Ioniq5 N but I just don't think I have it in me to go back to a Hyundai/Kia/Genesis dealership more than once in one calendar year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

A friend took his G70 in for an oil change and was hit with a $50 “administrative fee” even though the car has complementary scheduled maintenance.

A call to Hyundai corporate got the fee waived “for this one time only” so now he’s looking for a new dealer.