Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

##vote Domino's pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

to be clear the reason i am voting dominoes back is this:

-his initial post voting me had terrible justifications for his susses and votes
-in his responses to me he's used several framing methods that both misrepresent the facts and refuse to engage with what little basis he offered to justify his vote on me in the first place

backpedaling to 'well i think you should scumhunt' is worthless.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

sharkmafia posted:

to be clear the reason i am voting dominoes back is this:

-his initial post voting me had terrible justifications for his susses and votes
-in his responses to me he's used several framing methods that both misrepresent the facts and refuse to engage with what little basis he offered to justify his vote on me in the first place

backpedaling to 'well i think you should scumhunt' is worthless.
FYSA those aren't scumtells.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i don't believe your case on me is genuine, i think you picked a person out of a hat as your sus and are now justifying it after the fact

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Shark: What do you think of YPM's alignment?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Pussy Quipped posted:

Sorry I have to correct myself for the pedants, zzyzx did ostensibly write one actual post about Dominoes. Doesn’t change my mind.

Zzyx wrote like 4 to 5 original posts

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Dominoes posted:

My personal muse is a saint and besmirch his name is a cardinal sin

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

But also in their AI generated posts their opinion was still stated in the form of what the ai response is agreeing with

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Dominoes posted:

i think ypm is putting in a very large amount of genuine effort this game and voting them out today would be absurd. I also happen to agree that wins is a decent vote

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

they could be scum, but based on their past play i think they're more likely to be town. scum ypm when i saw it seemed far more snipey and tunnely

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Thank you.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tea Party Crasher posted:

My personal muse is a saint and besmirch his name is a cardinal sin

What if I say I think YPM sucks, but in a funny way, like a clown at a circus

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Can someone confirm who was in the mafia-minigame masonry for me? Want to check posts and the survey request.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tom Tucker posted:

Can someone confirm who was in the mafia-minigame masonry for me? Want to check posts and the survey request.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Voodoo, AFQM, Cube, shark, FoS, and both Joses

I think the subsubgame was the same minus me and Voodoo

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Tom Tucker posted:

One clarification - from Shark but also from the people who were in the mafia-within-mafia game, did people who were "assigned" numbers get into the game, so it was completely up to sharkmafia who to bring in, and didn't need someone to post an actual number?

Because if the game gave out boons I could still see that as an excuse for scumbuddies to get involved to get the boons without it being as suspicious.

this is correct, yes

as i mentioned at some earlier point, the numbers were entirely arbitrary and who got into the subgames was entirely my choice. i did it because it was fun and because i wanted to have some basis for my choices

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

Comedy has gone too far.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

incidentally tom by my assigned numbers you should have gotten in but i vetoed you. sorry

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

(i gave you on a 9 on the basis that only someone who really hates d1 would attempt to force things that hard that early)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Monathin posted:

You know what they say about men in big honking clown shoes

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Your Personal Muse posted:

You know what they say about men in big honking clown shoes

They have very poor quality of life and life expectancy?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote Dominoes

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I think it's kind of silly to have people voting for someone but actually have their votes go to someone else imo

##vote winswins32767

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
##vote wins32767

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

##vote Dominoes

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Shark’s defense of me is pinging me, why would he say I put in effort. I’m not joking, I don’t understand how someone reading would come to that conclusion.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
by the way, regarding the accussations spread by some regarding me clearing cube, I simply agree with his subsubgame strategy completely and see it as a town move. it's not impossible scum cube did that to get town cred, but it wouldn't be my first assumption at all

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Shark’s defense of me is pinging me, why would he say I put in effort. I’m not joking, I don’t understand how someone reading would come to that conclusion.

actually, full disclosure: i mixed you up with tea party crasher. i noticed just now

three word names, man

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

thank you, I hope you understand how hard this is for me, personally

hrmm. go on

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

sharkmafia posted:

actually, full disclosure: i mixed you up with tea party crasher. i noticed just now

three word names, man

lol

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Dominoes posted:

so actually i think ypm is just a total nulltell. i have no loving idea. i thought you were sussing tpc

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Pussy Quipped posted:

You dont have to exaggerate, I posted more than "literally nothing" in that game.

He said basically all game

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

he's been mostly whitenoise posting but as far as i can tell ypm never doesn't do that. its not really a tell imo, especially day 1

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

sharkmafia posted:

so actually i think ypm is just a total nulltell. i have no loving idea. i thought you were sussing tpc
I appreciate the update! I'm not sussing TPC, and he's in my probably town pile.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Hal Incandenza posted:

I know, I just feel like it’s been there for 10 years and I’d feel bad removing it

This post is Hal giving cart blanche approval to being voted out accidentally via the Wins nickname

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
##vote pq

he's still hiding behind his joke zzyzx vote

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Shahrazad (Sub and subsubgames) detail:

Shark picked me, and I'm town, so Shark has to have picked at least one town. It seems like Shark legit had some choice, and I was picked in both the 7 and 5 player games. With 27 players, I think it's reasonable to assume like 6 scum, in which case Shark, if scum, I guess could've picked (5 scumbuds + Cube), which would be pretty weird I think.

I suppose they could've picked like, 3 scumbuds + 3 town, which...sure, maybe. If we see 3 scum flip from the subgame player list, then I'll consider Shark scum. For now, I am thinking Shark is town.

Shark said they don't know what the boons are. Perhaps more importantly, the mod also said they didn't know what the boons were going to be (this was one of the first questions I asked, because I wanted to know - if subgamescum won, would the boon be 'better' to make up for the smaller player count).

I fell on the sword in the subsubgame to ensure 4 people got boons. If I were scum, then it depends on how many scumbuds were in the group of 4 to see if it would make sense for me to instaclaim or not. My turnaround time on this was pretty quick, I thought through and acted before most people posted at all in the masonries.

I also suggested that we should use the 7 player game as an unconfirmed masonry and maybe a bloc-like thing (though I wasn't sure about that) instead of trying to play or shove boons at people. Shark seemed disappointed that we weren't going to actually play another mafia game (funny joke though, taking people who don't like D1 and expecting them to play more D1's).

No one else seemed to want to go along with the masonry idea.

In the 7 player game, I am town. JoseV has claimed to be scum. The other 5 players also say they're town. There was a lot of debate whether we should have scum claim instantly again to ensure 5 people got boons (vs 2). JoseV was not around for that main discussion (and once they were around, they claimed).

The working hypothesis for the group is that the holdout scum in the subsubgame is more likely than not to be scum in this main game.

There was discussion about no-eliminating today, but it seems likely that we'll wind up voting out claimed scum JoseV and then be forced to play mafia.

Another consideration is "boons aren't coming until D2, so maybe we should wait and see what those are" but mod is making poo poo up as they go so that's not a HUGE consideration.

FoS first divulged the existence of the subsubgame in the main subgame.

Voodoo posting about the existence of the sub and subsubgames seems townie. I don't know that they should've posted everyone's names though. They also volunteered to be the first elim in the subgame with some hard-to-see-a-good-way-to-game-even-if-they're-lying chainvoting idea.

---

There may be (perhaps it's likely to be) more than one scum in the group of 6 other subgame players, but I would be hard-pressed to vote any of them for the next day or two until we have "reasonable results" on who the holdout scum in the subgame is.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

So we have:

Voodoo - posted "4"
AFQM - posted "100000"
Cube - posted "Probably like a 7, but a 10 on the D1's where I get voted out or shot."
shark - presumably wouldn't have to respond but did, posted "personally i'd be at about a 7 i'd say"
FoS - did not directly cite a number, but did post a numeral 1 in response "i hate day 1 so much that I've run multiple games experimenting with how to make it suck less lol "
JoseV - posted "6.9"
JoseF - posted "69420"

So in every event each person who got in, in direct response to the question, posted a response which included a number. This was either an actual number (in all but FoS's case) and in FoS's case, the response did have a number in it.

But none of the people who were "assigned" numbers got in.

shark to Dominoes: "i am impressed that you made two posts without actually giving a number i'm assigning you an 8"
shark to Tom Tucker: "your number has already been assigned, citizen. You Have No Choice"

To be fair several people responded with numerals but were not included: yuming, hambeet, Tokes, zzyzx, TPC, etc.

I find it suspicious that shark kept insisting on people responding in numerical form, and in the end, only people who responded with a numeral in their response were included, the people "assigned" numbers weren't. This makes me suspect shark is in fact lying about the criteria to get in, and did not "veto" me, required a numeral as part of the role, and used the survey to give scum cover to get into the minigame to get bonuses.

If it's a town role then why all the insistence on replying in numerical value? And if there is no need to actually reply with a numeral, then it's an awful coincidence that everyone who got into the minigame did so.

Not sure about this. Thoughts? Seems awfully convenient.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

lih posted:

##vote pq

he's still hiding behind his joke zzyzx vote

Also I like this point - sitting on a joke vote is the kind of thing scum would do day 1 if one of the vote leaders is scum and they don't want to be seen either pushing town hard or voting for their scumbuddy too early.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tom Tucker posted:

So we have:

Voodoo - posted "4"
AFQM - posted "100000"
Cube - posted "Probably like a 7, but a 10 on the D1's where I get voted out or shot."
shark - presumably wouldn't have to respond but did, posted "personally i'd be at about a 7 i'd say"
FoS - did not directly cite a number, but did post a numeral 1 in response "i hate day 1 so much that I've run multiple games experimenting with how to make it suck less lol "
JoseV - posted "6.9"
JoseF - posted "69420"

So in every event each person who got in, in direct response to the question, posted a response which included a number. This was either an actual number (in all but FoS's case) and in FoS's case, the response did have a number in it.

But none of the people who were "assigned" numbers got in.

shark to Dominoes: "i am impressed that you made two posts without actually giving a number i'm assigning you an 8"
shark to Tom Tucker: "your number has already been assigned, citizen. You Have No Choice"

To be fair several people responded with numerals but were not included: yuming, hambeet, Tokes, zzyzx, TPC, etc.

I find it suspicious that shark kept insisting on people responding in numerical form, and in the end, only people who responded with a numeral in their response were included, the people "assigned" numbers weren't. This makes me suspect shark is in fact lying about the criteria to get in, and did not "veto" me, required a numeral as part of the role, and used the survey to give scum cover to get into the minigame to get bonuses.

If it's a town role then why all the insistence on replying in numerical value? And if there is no need to actually reply with a numeral, then it's an awful coincidence that everyone who got into the minigame did so.

Not sure about this. Thoughts? Seems awfully convenient.

shark told me that I was picked (as were iirc AFQM and Cube?) because we said we hated day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh they also told me that the numbers meant nothing mechanical