Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

if you can't be bothered reading back a few pages this is the important one and should help

I don't really get how this is a slip? You think it's some sort of gotcha but it reads as Town to me imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

##spicy dans macabre

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Thank you for doing the needful hal

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

JosefStalinator posted:

I don't really get how this is a slip? You think it's some sort of gotcha but it reads as Town to me imo

lmao

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Johnny Keats posted:

If you know about a masonry, I hope you already claimed it by now and whoever you think leaked the info to Jose

Yes the masonry has been claimed. Right now I think it was Tokes who leaked it because as soon as I brought up the slip in the thread she changed the subject and has been largely quiet about it, and super quiet in the masonry in general

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
thread is getting spicy

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

##vote AFQM everything you say and do around this subgame smells scummy

Just to give this a little more detail for the people not in the subgame.

I am not allowed to directly quote from the game so I will paraphrase with times

The subgame started at 3:30PM, the first hour or so was just some discussion around the subsubgame and how we should proceed, shark wanted to play it straight up, FoS mentioned that cube had immediately scum claimed in the subsubgame and that it was probably the right move, then it got quiet other than Voodoo posting pictures for Cookfia

At 7:00PM AFQM comes in for the first time and immediately says the scum in the subgame are scum and keeps reiterating this point and then accuses me of being scum in both this game and the subgame because I hadn't claimed yet while I was sleeping because I was on muscle relaxers (which I posted in the subgame, which is a lovely thing to wake up to). He keeps reiterating over and over that subgame scum = real game scum

He was immediately pushing to make people randomly assigned scum in this subgame as scum in the main game which is sketchy as hell and to me looks like scum trying to line up mis-executions based on bullshit and continued to double down on it even after explanations of why it wasn't a clear cut decision to just immediately execute subgame scum.

The dans vote seems like more easy bullshit to me, and just solidifies that AFQM is trying very hard to be scum looking for acceptable reasons to execute town but is exceedingly bad at doing so

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

everybody should start saying they don't see the slip the gaslight fancy Into thinking they are the only town

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

##spicy dans macabre

Dans Macabre has been killed!

But wait? What's happening?

Dans Macabre - ???? aligned ????? was killed on day 1!

Dimension - ????
Designation - ????
Alignment - ????
Abilities - ????

Dans is now a stump.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

wins32767 (5): Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, hambeet, CubicalSucrose, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, CubicalSucrose, b-minus1, Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, yuming, Tea Party Crasher, AFancyQuestionMark, AFancyQuestionMark, AFancyQuestionMark, Johnny Keats
Dominoes (4): saladscooper, zzyzx, hambeet, hambeet, saladscooper, sharkmafia, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin
JosefStalinator (3): CubicalSucrose, Token Female, CubicalSucrose, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, saladscooper, Opopanax, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Token Female, Anonymous
Monathin (2): Tom Tucker, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, sharkmafia, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, sharkmafia
AFancyQuestionMark (2): JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, fool of sound, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Jose Valasquez
PhantomMuzzles (2): Voodoofly, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Token Female, Tea Party Crasher, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, Voodoofly, Sandwolf
Pussy Quipped (2): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, Your Personal Muse, Monathin, lih
CubicalSucrose (1): Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Your Personal Muse, yuming, fool of sound, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, fool of sound, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, yuming
Hal Incandenza (1): AFancyQuestionMark, Hal Incandenza, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, AFancyQuestionMark
Opopanax (1): CubicalSucrose, Monathin, Monathin
zzyzx (1): Pussy Quipped, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
Sandwolf (0): CubicalSucrose, Opopanax, CubicalSucrose, Opopanax, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator
Tea Party Crasher (0): Monathin, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Monathin
Johnny Keats (0): hambeet, hambeet
Tom Tucker (0): Pussy Quipped, b-minus1, Pussy Quipped, b-minus1
Token Female (0): Dominoes, Dominoes
Voodoofly (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
sharkmafia (0): Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, Dominoes, Dominoes

Not Voting (3): Dominoes, PhantomMuzzles, Voodoofly

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 15th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 41 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
the day continues

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I feel bad for Josef's scumbuds if he just slipped implicating both himself and a partner. Still catching up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
uh hal is that part of your power or what

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Wait HAL why would you janitor a high info flip?!?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Johnny Keats posted:

It smells like AFQM should have concluded that scum wouldn't want to be that person getting suspicion for not claiming. Weird disconnect from viewing Cube as town for doing the thing it makes sense for scum to do, according to AFQM own logic

Yes, agreed, it's WIFOM but if I was main game scum I absolutely would have just immediately scum claimed in the subgame because scum have way more to lose by going against the grain

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Jose Valasquez posted:

At 7:00PM AFQM comes in for the first time and immediately says the scum in the subgame are scum and keeps reiterating this point and then accuses me of being scum in both this game and the subgame because I hadn't claimed yet while I was sleeping because I was on muscle relaxers (which I posted in the subgame, which is a lovely thing to wake up to). He keeps reiterating over and over that subgame scum = real game scum

He was immediately pushing to make people randomly assigned scum in this subgame as scum in the main game which is sketchy as hell and to me looks like scum trying to line up mis-executions based on bullshit and continued to double down on it even after explanations of why it wasn't a clear cut decision to just immediately execute subgame scum.

lol

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

Just to give this a little more detail for the people not in the subgame.

I am not allowed to directly quote from the game so I will paraphrase with times

The subgame started at 3:30PM, the first hour or so was just some discussion around the subsubgame and how we should proceed, shark wanted to play it straight up, FoS mentioned that cube had immediately scum claimed in the subsubgame and that it was probably the right move, then it got quiet other than Voodoo posting pictures for Cookfia

The dans vote seems like more easy bullshit to me, and just solidifies that AFQM is trying very hard to be scum looking for acceptable reasons to execute town but is exceedingly bad at doing so

If dans flips town then i think AFQM looks really bad. I appreciate you summarizing what happened here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Dimension - ????
Designation - ????
Alignment - ????
Abilities - ????

Dans is now a stump.

lmao ##vote hal you bastard

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It was just a vig! I assume that is part of dans role

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pussy Quipped posted:

If dans flips town then i think AFQM looks really bad. I appreciate you summarizing what happened here.

bad news pal

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

God DAMMIT

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

LOL

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Well he'a a stump but we can assume he was scum so what's the issue? We can ignore things he posts

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
totally normal for totally town that hasn't scumslipped to be janitored D1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

a likely story. bake him away toys!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Dimension - ????
Designation - ????
Alignment - ????
Abilities - ????

Dans is now a stump.

Fuckin lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hal sitting on that vig all day to janitor a controversial 'slip' flip.

convenient.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Also I feel like Token was playing a really good scum game that I felt it would be impossible to case if my suspicion tipped over, so that's really unfortunate for her

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Pussy Quipped posted:

this summary is misleading and is conflating my previous casing around the subgame with the unrelated scumslip case on dans

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hal are you the masonry mole??????

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Dan's post history is, like, really poor. There's some mild town reads no scum reads (scum behavior not wanting to commit to call someone scummy that they know is town), and a bunch of talking about "oh look there's so many posts that have happened that I'm not going to read." I'm not that confident in that being a scumslip. I am part of ~~~the masonry~~~ that Yuming is also apart of, and reading the thread quickly about the subgame mason group, and other related talk I was thinking that there were like many mason groups.

##vote Dans. Maybe it is a scum slip and maybe it isn't. Dans' post history is scummy. I don't see them doing work to help the town. So there you go.

I still think PMuzz is scum. I still don't really see them making takes. Almost all of their stances have been wishy-washy/stilling on the fence/not wanting to commit to anything. Honestly their most in depth post is analyzing avatars for constipation. They were the one for point out the potential slip, so we'll see. But their post history does not ring town to me.

I also think that Dominoes is scum. There's a lot of cheerleading posts in their history particularly to Tom Tucker. The posts where they are trying to get people to post that I previously commented on feels forced. Like here is the followup on the list of people that they wanted others to comment on.

Dominoes posted:

Thank you all for answering my question!

Tom is always tough to read, but his posting style has been consistent with both Periodic Table mafia, and games ~10 years ago. I'm not sure if his case on Monathin and general info is genuine, or if he was just trying to instigate something useful on Day 1. (Tom: Feel free to chime in here) That sort of post is IMO fakeable as scum, and I don't know if Tom's style changes much as scum. I am leaning town on him, because he drew a lot of suspicion to himself, unprovoked.

TF: I think her posts here will be valuable in context with her post history as a whole later, as she's posted a lot of alignment guesses with info to back them up; both town and scum.. I like how she's going through histories. (It's what I do as town!) I'm neutral on her now; if she keeps up this post style, I think her alignment will be easy to discern as the game develops. And, I appreciate her sparking discussion. (TF and Tom were the catalysts I mentioned earlier) Lines like this "Looking at Dan to see how I feel about the case for him, and like there's not much there. He's talking about being unkillable like a bunch of people are. Talking about giving a gun to someone, and like that's it." are kind of ... easy participation posts, but this doesn't mean much on its own.

Monathin is... very hard to read right now, despite being a topic of discussion himself, and having posted a good amount. This is the sort of thing I will treat as scummy if it keeps up and I start playing by process-of-elimination.

Zzyzyx's posts are stilted, and contain nothing that makes me think town thought process. The LLM (self-imposed PR?) will make determining his alignment a pain; if there wasn't something afood here, I'd probably vote for him. If he keeps the LLM up and I don't have anyone I have a confident suspicion on, I'll vote for him; today or later in the game.

LIH only has one notable post, but it feels like a townie posting honest first impressions. I felt that as scum in PD, she posted mostly filler, and at a high rate, so I'll be looking for the contrast.

Like, none of these in the list are reading as scum to Dominoes, then why did they give this list to other people? Like this feels like an exercise to look like you are trying to participate, but to what end? I feel this way about a lot of their posting this game. It just feels like being a busybody to look active.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't believe you
##vote Hal

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

dastardly hal inconvenient!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Token Female posted:

Dan's post history is, like, really poor. There's some mild town reads no scum reads (scum behavior not wanting to commit to call someone scummy that they know is town), and a bunch of talking about "oh look there's so many posts that have happened that I'm not going to read." I'm not that confident in that being a scumslip. I am part of ~~~the masonry~~~ that Yuming is also apart of, and reading the thread quickly about the subgame mason group, and other related talk I was thinking that there were like many mason groups.

##vote Dans. Maybe it is a scum slip and maybe it isn't. Dans' post history is scummy. I don't see them doing work to help the town. So there you go.

I still think PMuzz is scum. I still don't really see them making takes. Almost all of their stances have been wishy-washy/stilling on the fence/not wanting to commit to anything. Honestly their most in depth post is analyzing avatars for constipation. They were the one for point out the potential slip, so we'll see. But their post history does not ring town to me.

I also think that Dominoes is scum. There's a lot of cheerleading posts in their history particularly to Tom Tucker. The posts where they are trying to get people to post that I previously commented on feels forced. Like here is the followup on the list of people that they wanted others to comment on.

Like, none of these in the list are reading as scum to Dominoes, then why did they give this list to other people? Like this feels like an exercise to look like you are trying to participate, but to what end? I feel this way about a lot of their posting this game. It just feels like being a busybody to look active.

See everyone This is why you don't effort post, the person you're casing might just get shot while you're writing it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Token Female posted:

rip u

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
huh, well missed the day kill.

##vote dominoes

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Johnny Keats posted:

Also I feel like Token was playing a really good scum game that I felt it would be impossible to case if my suspicion tipped over, so that's really unfortunate for her

jesse what the gently caress are you talking about

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Tea Party Crasher posted:

See everyone This is why you don't effort post, the person you're casing might just get shot while you're writing it

Let this be a lesson to all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
are people really just going to proceed as if that wasn't a janitored scum flip?