Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
the best slap boxing promotion was the one done in the backyard of a trailer park in a wrestling ring that for some reason was wrapped in barbed wire and had unusually high production values like, really high def cameras, a narrator and drone shots, but still just white trash

edit: It's called Slap Mountain and hopefully none of it's full of slurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DliOO193jQM

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Duke Pukem posted:

this is a vader bomb

sidenote i had no idea about this, seeing vader in this era of raw is truly, truly bizarre. was this some nostalgia gimmick match?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

shiksa posted:

sidenote i had no idea about this, seeing vader in this era of raw is truly, truly bizarre. was this some nostalgia gimmick match?
iirc it was the Heath Slater gets beat up by legends run he had. Mostly because he was such a good worker that old legends felt comfortable enough to wrestle him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

That looks like Heath Slater down there. I think during the build-up to some anniversary Raw like Raw 1000, they had Heath Slater come out, run his mouth, then bring out a legend to kill him.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

shiksa posted:

Yeah in the run up to a big Raw anniversary show they had Slater come out every week and cut a funny promo where he'd use a legend's catchphrase and then the legend would come out to kill him. It was pretty fun because the first week was Vader, and then it was Sid, and I think Piper and eventually the last one was Lita.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tampa Bae posted:

iirc it was the Heath Slater gets beat up by legends run he had. Mostly because he was such a good worker that old legends felt comfortable enough to wrestle him

heath slater ruled. when i was watching wwe for a bit again, it was post-three man band "i got kids, i need this job" heath slater, he was my favorite jobber. so good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
do you know what time it is? (interviewer gives actual time making vader break character in exasperation)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

now i’m looking up vader matches after 2000 and this one sounds pretty funny

February 26, 2002
Dusty Rhodes & Vader defeat The Harris Brothers (Don Harris & Ron Harris) by DQ (6:17)
NWA Total Nonstop Action #34 - Pay Per View @ Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville, Tennessee, USA

vader should have been in 2000 wcw

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JUNGLE BOY posted:

now i’m looking up vader matches after 2000 and this one sounds pretty funny

February 26, 2002
Dusty Rhodes & Vader defeat The Harris Brothers (Don Harris & Ron Harris) by DQ (6:17)
NWA Total Nonstop Action #34 - Pay Per View @ Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville, Tennessee, USA

vader should have been in 2000 wcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajJUUjPwLX8&t=835s

here it is for your perusal they uploaded in official hd 4 days ago. kismet???

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

lol you’re the best

dusty is whipping a girls behind with a belt what da hell

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol you’re the best

dusty is whipping a girls behind with a belt what da hell

I knew it was going to be a happening when i clicked the chapter and immediately heard "SONNY SIAKI I TAUGHT YOU BETTER THAN THAT"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

Surprise cameo of a famous duo in the audience.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Surprise cameo of a famous duo in the audience.

i didnt realize adam cole was in nwa-tna before

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

haunted bong posted:

i didnt realize adam cole was in nwa-tna before

That’s Ron Killings

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

a dumb moron posted:

That’s Ron Killings

That kid is obviously white

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can't believe Nicholas has betrayed Braun like this.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

Can't believe Nicholas has betrayed Braun like this.

Clearly Little Jimmy Griffin before he found his great-great-grandfather's invisibility serum.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erick Rowan was in the WWE medical physical team’s area last week and just canceled an indie date due to signing somewhere, so he’s probably coming in soon for whatever Bo/Uncle Howdy’s doing

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I guess if there's a steady income, I don't entirely blame someone for signing with the WWE. It's a shame he may be going back to the company that mistreated Brodie Lee, but I guess he'd also have people dependent on him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I like how people have double standards about wrestlers working for the fed depending on how much they like them

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

It's okay that it's behind spoiler tags because you can have the moment of going "Ah for fucks sake" preserved for Smackdown.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I like how people have double standards about wrestlers working for the fed depending on how much they like them

If that's meant to be a dig, I've always been consistent about not begrudging someone in the industry and resenting them for signing with the WWE. I'd be disappointed if it's someone I like because I won't get to see them for a while, but I won't blame them for opting for employment and regular pay while they are still able to.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

edogawa rando posted:

If that's meant to be a dig, I've always been consistent about not begrudging someone in the industry and resenting them for signing with the WWE. I'd be disappointed if it's someone I like because I won't get to see them for a while, but I won't blame them for opting for employment and regular pay while they are still able to.

On the one hand, that's an understandable position. On the other hand, we don't actually know all that much about the money they make. We know that the WWE is as capitalist as can be, exploiting their employees independent contractors any way they can. I guess if you are a viable upper-third of the card guy, the money is consistently OK. Otherwise, I wonder what Punk's "guaranteed contracts are bad" speech was about.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's not a dig at anyone in particular. I just don't get the mental loops some people here and elsewhere have to jump through when they vociferously hate on WWE and everyone in it, and then at the same time praise ex-Fed wrestlers in AEW who worked there for most of their careers.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Similar to when everyone went all in on rape factory banter but when Jim "Head of WWE Talent Relations" Ross asked everyone to stop paying attention it was "Aww shucks good ol JR he's very sleepy".

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

As a member of "everyone" I don't remember doing any of that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keithy george posted:

Similar to when everyone went all in on rape factory banter but when Jim "Head of WWE Talent Relations" Ross asked everyone to stop paying attention it was "Aww shucks good ol JR he's very sleepy".

I didn't see everyone doing this

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

It's a figure of speech. The response to his interview was an outpouring of sympathy and affection. I'm extremely sorry for implicating every person in the forum on this. I'll do better.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

On the one hand, that's an understandable position. On the other hand, we don't actually know all that much about the money they make. We know that the WWE is as capitalist as can be, exploiting their employees independent contractors any way they can. I guess if you are a viable upper-third of the card guy, the money is consistently OK. Otherwise, I wonder what Punk's "guaranteed contracts are bad" speech was about.

It's probably more than he was made from *checks Cagematch* Real Canadian Wrestling and, even taking into account the annual and occasionally random bloodletting of talent, would probably come with far more stability.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

edogawa rando posted:

It's probably more than he was made from *checks Cagematch* Real Canadian Wrestling and, even taking into account the annual and occasionally random bloodletting of talent, would probably come with far more stability.

Probably. But now that Vince is gone, who will take care of his hammer while he is being held hostage in Blood Money Country again?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Weird how different people have different opinions about different things. What's up with that?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Weird how different people have different opinions about different things. What's up with that?

I don’t think they do

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
or maybe they do, brother

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it was the dam IWC again

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Anyways, good luck Rowan in the Uncle Howdy role

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quantum of Phallus posted:

keithy george posted:

✅️

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Vader was cool and that comeback run had him swearing on camera. what a legend

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So did I just... make up all the people who were pissed off with JR? because my impression was that the consensus view was that his stance on Vince was really lovely.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

So did I just... make up all the people who were pissed off with JR? because my impression was that the consensus view was that his stance on Vince was really lovely.

Some people were really angry, some people had the position of, I'm heavily paraphrasing here, "he has one foot in the grave, what can you really do."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

There were people pissed off and people who were like “he’s had a terrible personal life with his upbringing and wife’s awful death and now cancer so maybe don’t go in so hard on him”