Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Just another in the long list of oversights in this league, lmao.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ToughEagerHerringTwitchRaid-STzq2yEnoV-zMqjR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Can someone explain why armor-stacking Scions take this ascendancy node? As far as I can tell they don't even use offerings. I feel like it can't just be for ~16% attack speed bonus.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Look at that fourth line. Realize it scales with aura effect.

Einwand posted:

Apparently "snitches gets stitches" doesn't exist in Wraeclast, smdh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Can someone explain why armor-stacking Scions take this ascendancy node? As far as I can tell they don't even use offerings. I feel like it can't just be for ~16% attack speed bonus.

its more than 16% bcos youre an aura stacker

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
but you can take other stuff. i think delvers take guardian instead iirc

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ah ok. Just feels wasteful to have so many dead effects but I see it now. Wonder if a CWDT -> offering set up could be worth it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pork never goes bad posted:

A big issue for you right now is trying to keep two clusters, but your target PoB doesn't have em. I think you should drop one cluster and make the gear and skill changes that I've made for you in this PoB. It gets you 200 more life, all three auras, a lot more damage, and some decent additional tankiness against hits from both the high armor and high evasion. You lose a little proj speed and chaos res. To get to the tree, there's a few single nodes I removed so use the compare tool to make sure you get them all. You can change your anoint with my tree and you'll need to bless your dragonfang's flight for 1 more int.

https://pobb.in/2cYC1DL1Yq1S

Ninja edit Looks like you closed some gaps with the gear you swapped, but swapping out one cluster for pathing manually to charisma and leveling enlighten to 3 so you get all three auras is a major major imporvement.

Ok, made the changes you suggested. Just the Nimis itself felt amazing but now I have my 4h aura running so the WE with double pride will kick in. This should be interesting.

E: oook well everything just dies instantly now including bosses so I guess this is a positive change. Gear is not ideal but I'll continue to fish for a better gloves/boots/ring while I figure out what I need for my chest/helmet but I'm absolutely shtredding poo poo now so it's not as pressing a need.

Thank you!

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 14, 2024

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
it does seem insane and i had to look at the numbers to believe it bcos it seemed so stupid, but its by far the biggest dps increase you can get. it beats out berserker lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
PoB now:

https://pobb.in/CA1l96TPsaHD

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

E: oook well everything just dies instantly now including bosses so I guess this is a positive change. Gear is not ideal but I'll continue to fish for a better gloves/boots/ring while I figure out what I need for my chest/helmet but I'm absolutely shtredding poo poo now so it's not as pressing a need.

Thank you!

Yeah dude you literally just got like a 60% DPS boost, give or take. Now you can start shopping around for the right rares to get your survivability back up a bit, but I guarantee you're clearing stuff a whole lot faster in the meantime.

Also I'd advise you to definitely listen to everyone saying to "finish" the non-crit version before trying to transition to crit. It's probably a couple hundred divs worth of upgrades before it becomes better than using Precise Technique; the version you're working with right now is extremely strong when you finish tuning it, and the crit build is more of a league-long project thing.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
very useful when buying gear to make purchases based on affix tiers more than specific amounts of res that you need because you're condensing the amount of affixes you need dedicated to resists in your future items which actually makes each successive upgrade easier because it will always be far, far easier to find an item with t1/2 res, t1/2 att than some item with the specific combination of 3 resistances that you need in addition to the right base and other stats that you need

sounds like you're kind of there conceptually already with wanting to buy across multiple slots at a time, but the simplest way to do that is to just focus on getting high tier rolls on each item. plus you can then harvest res swap or keep a free suffix to craft whatever missing resist

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
One more armor-stacker question. I see the POB using this flask enchant for life regen:

But it also uses CI and not Zealot's Oath so this would do nothing right? I assume its there to try and sustain rage with the Kaoms gloves but I just don't see how this would work.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Herstory Begins Now posted:

very useful when buying gear to make purchases based on affix tiers more than specific amounts of res that you need because you're condensing the amount of affixes you need dedicated to resists in your future items which actually makes each successive upgrade easier because it will always be far, far easier to find an item with t1/2 res, t1/2 att than some item with the specific combination of 3 resistances that you need in addition to the right base and other stats that you need

sounds like you're kind of there conceptually already with wanting to buy across multiple slots at a time, but the simplest way to do that is to just focus on getting high tier rolls on each item. plus you can then harvest res swap or keep a free suffix to craft whatever missing resist

Yeah I already check mod tiers when I’m shopping to see what they’re worth instead of overpaying for a bunch of max rolls on lower tiers that cannot improve.

This is what I need to work on to be a better player though. I had no idea how to go about maxing out my passive tree to get the most out of what I already have (in this case what I already have is extremely good but I had no idea how to make use of it and what I can live without).

Thanks to all of you again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It might just be a recycled flask from another character with a dead enchant

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

One more armor-stacker question. I see the POB using this flask enchant for life regen:

But it also uses CI and not Zealot's Oath so this would do nothing right? I assume its there to try and sustain rage with the Kaoms gloves but I just don't see how this would work.

yeah if you unslot that flask youll see the rage regen go down, its def for kaoms. i hate rage/berserk tho so i always skip it evne tho its 100% worse to so idk how much difference it is

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This build has just become stupid. I can stand in one spot and just HOLD DOWN BUTTON and everything instantly dies. Lmao what is even happening?
This has morphed into a really weird attack pattern where I leap slam to activate betimber blade, then stand in one spot for as long as I can just spitting out nonsense while poo poo dies but I'm REALLY squishy so I have to be ready to leap away again. This is so odd lol.

E: jesus loving christ. Al-Hezmin just died in sub 2 seconds. He didn't even get to move. This is somehow even stronger than PSRS and I had really good gear that league.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 14, 2024

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
precise technique is incredibly under-rated for costing 0c and people always try to force crit on builds where they'd be better off just running precise technique until they've got a full set of very good crit gear

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah I already check mod tiers when I’m shopping to see what they’re worth instead of overpaying for a bunch of max rolls on lower tiers that cannot improve.

This is what I need to work on to be a better player though. I had no idea how to go about maxing out my passive tree to get the most out of what I already have (in this case what I already have is extremely good but I had no idea how to make use of it and what I can live without).

Thanks to all of you again.

I think a lot of that is just getting other eyes on it, or just tinkering in pob, or ideally probably both. hell, I have a quite large amount of hours in poe and lol like three days ago wuxi looked at my tree and found like 5 redundant skillpoints

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 14, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I feel like a mobile anti-aircraft platform now. I can't fire while moving but once I'm entrenched I just pop molten shell/vaal molten shell and wait for everything to die.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Endgame proj builds do kind of break the game, lol.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

wemgo posted:

Endgame proj builds do kind of break the game, lol.

This is legitimately absurd. This is the most damage I've ever put out and again, my PSRS build was crazy optimized. It had better survivability but I don't know if that matters when poo poo dies so fast it can't attack.

Place your bets: Me vs. Sirus

E: "HOW BORING AND SMALL"
-Frank Frank, 2024

EE: Oh my god Catarina died so quickly that her voice lines were overlapping each other on top of Jun's. She only got to summon skulls once because she'd just die as soon as her invuln phase ended.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 15, 2024

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Einwand posted:

Oh boy, I am definitely abusing this until they panic patch it and break something else.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Trying to think of anything interesting to do with Explosive Trap of Magnitude, since no one seems to be using it. It's basically just a big physical hit, with like a 50% increased stun duration. It has a pretty good damage coefficient though. Converting it to ignite or using it for poison seems like it'd probably be underwhelming compared to other spell options. The spell impale gloves seems interesting. Sadly no way I know of to get a spell to bleed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Apparently "snitches gets stitches" doesn't exist in Wraeclast, smdh

They don't get stitches, they get left to bleed out on the strand.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Stux posted:

it does seem insane and i had to look at the numbers to believe it bcos it seemed so stupid, but its by far the biggest dps increase you can get. it beats out berserker lol

provided you can find a way to scale up corpse consumption that is (and has been for a long time) one of the single strongest ascendancy nodes in the game

plus offerings are incredibly good and the defensive offering is one of the single strongest buffs in the game

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Item Class: Rings
Rarity: Rare
Brimstone Knot
Amethyst Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
+23% to Chaos Resistance (implicit)
--------
+170 to Evasion Rating
+39 to maximum Energy Shield
+73 to maximum Life
+47% to Fire Resistance
+42% to Lightning Resistance
+31% to Chaos Resistance
--------
Note: ~b/o 14 divine

Before I drop a ton of money on this, how can I tell if I can add the "-7 to non-channeling mana cost" mod to it? This ring is exactly what I need (minus the energy shield) but I'm worried it has too many suffixes and I won't be able to add a crafted mod.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Item Class: Rings
Rarity: Rare
Brimstone Knot
Amethyst Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
+23% to Chaos Resistance (implicit)
--------
+170 to Evasion Rating
+39 to maximum Energy Shield
+73 to maximum Life
+47% to Fire Resistance
+42% to Lightning Resistance
+31% to Chaos Resistance
--------
Note: ~b/o 14 divine

Before I drop a ton of money on this, how can I tell if I can add the "-7 to non-channeling mana cost" mod to it? This ring is exactly what I need (minus the energy shield) but I'm worried it has too many suffixes and I won't be able to add a crafted mod.

If you're viewing this on the poe trade website there should be letters and numbers to the left of each affix like P3, S1, etc. which stand for prefix and suffix. I think that one is full and likely is PPPSSS in that order. The plus resists are always suffixes.

I don't know how it works on console, if you are in game on PC then you hold down alt to see the annotations. There's probably a similar option on console.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

WorldIndustries posted:

If you're viewing this on the poe trade website there should be letters and numbers to the left of each affix like P3, S1, etc. which stand for prefix and suffix. I think that one is full and likely is PPPSSS in that order. The plus resists are always suffixes.

I don't know how it works on console, if you are in game on PC then you hold down alt to see the annotations. There's probably a similar option on console.

Super glad I asked then. It is indeed listed as P1 P2 P3 S1 S2 S3. That's a drat shame. Thanks for explaining that though - still learning something new every goddamned day playing this game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The numbers are the mod tier BTW.

If you want to search for something you can add the -mana craft onto, add a stat group Count of 1 consisting of "# Empty Suffixes Prefixes" and "# Crafted Suffixes Prefixes" both equal to 1. That'll show you only items that you can add or replace a crafted suffix mod.

e: vvv whoops, fixed

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 15, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

-Mana cost veiled craft is a prefix, as well. Which is generally not a huge issue because ring prefixes are mostly terrible.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Man, it's a weird night on SC trade.

I just had a dude message me about a pair of boots I have listed for 20d (95 ele res, 33 chaos, T1 life, T1 hybrid life, crafted move speed plus chill immunity, good eldritch implicits, 30% qual) to tell me "bruh ur on crack, I made these boots for 1d" and proceed to link me some boots with 65 ele res, 32 chaos, T2 life, T2 percent armor/evasion, crafted move speed, 20% quality, and no implicits. Obviously I blocked them immediately but why am I getting negged on trade? I had multiple other rude interactions as well tonight when usually people are super chill.

E: Also their boots were on a worse base so IDK where they even came from, maybe Rog?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

Super glad I asked then. It is indeed listed as P1 P2 P3 S1 S2 S3. That's a drat shame. Thanks for explaining that though - still learning something new every goddamned day playing this game.

Just as a general rule, resistance and attribute stats are always suffixes btw (assuming there's not some weird exception I don't know about).

edit: if that ring were much cheaper I'd say try and gamble with an annul orb to remove the Energy Shield, but....... you are Frank, after all

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’ll just hold out for something I know is going to work. I am functional at the moment but I am the epitome of “glass cannon”. Thankfully I’m used to twitch dodging in this game but even a second of lag where a damage blob spawns (shaper portals, xoph tornados etc) = instant death. I will likely never manage to level past 95 unless I pay for a carry.l unless something changes and I am able to upgrade.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know how the graveyard crafting is like on console but this league it would be trivial to make a ring like that with 20-40 corpses.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Speaking of rings, is there a good way to make sure you only get dex from attribute corpses? Or is it just bump the mod tiers and hopefully it hits?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't know how the graveyard crafting is like on console but this league it would be trivial to make a ring like that with 20-40 corpses.

I have no idea how to even begin doing this.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

goferchan posted:

Just as a general rule, resistance and attribute stats are always suffixes btw (assuming there's not some weird exception I don't know about).

edit: if that ring were much cheaper I'd say try and gamble with an annul orb to remove the Energy Shield, but....... you are Frank, after all

The one exception I can think of is "X damage taken as Y damage" stuff, those are always prefixes, like the craftable 'physical damage taken as X% fire damage", which is technically not resistance, now that I think about it. Doesn't have the Resistance tag.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Bugsy posted:

Speaking of rings, is there a good way to make sure you only get dex from attribute corpses? Or is it just bump the mod tiers and hopefully it hits?

I think if you want a single attribute on rings, you're mostly better off essence spamming a fracture, because you can't control which of the 4 different attribute suffixes you'll hit. Or just get 3 of the 4 at the same time probably.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>

pork never goes bad posted:

think you could link the actual trees? i can probably remake with path of pathing but this seems pretty chill

https://poeplanner.com/a/kvH

when i want maps to run/sell on tft:

1 carto
1 carto of corruption
1 lineage
1 hordes/adversaries/domination

otherwise lazy mode:

2 adversaries
1 lineage
1 hordes/domination

according to wealthyexile i make 5-20 div/hour (20 being good rng) and the maps aren't very hard if you pay a little attention to altars
does require a good bit of trade interactions

every other strat i try seems to be lower profit and/or very frustrating/gimmicky :shrug:

Twisc fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 15, 2024

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Frank Frank posted:

I’ll just hold out for something I know is going to work. I am functional at the moment but I am the epitome of “glass cannon”. Thankfully I’m used to twitch dodging in this game but even a second of lag where a damage blob spawns (shaper portals, xoph tornados etc) = instant death. I will likely never manage to level past 95 unless I pay for a carry.l unless something changes and I am able to upgrade.

This is going to be a bit tedious on console because you are gonna need to get some scarabs, but there's a very easy way to get to 100 right now.

https://poeplanner.com/a/C8-
with
Domination Scarab of Teachings
Domination Scarab of Abnormality (skip this if you still don't have a 5th slot, but seriously you should really be able to do a t17 by now)
2x Breach Scarab

Skip Breaches and strongboxes until you activate at least 2 shrines and then go to town on everything. That should get you to 100 in a couple of hours with minimal danger. Beyond and Deli would be more XP but they are also a lot more rippy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
lol. Just lmao. Ok. Will invest some into scarabs tomorrow since I more or less already have a tree set up for breach and beyond anyway.