Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

slava

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

switch the titles of the pop culture thread and the autism thread

I support having buttons to push against the pop culture posters, yes

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I support having buttons to push against the pop culture posters, yes

why is everyone in the peace thread wearing eyepatches and berets now what happened

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

selec posted:

why is everyone in the peace thread wearing eyepatches and berets now what happened

it’s war

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

its nowhere near as disturbing as ren & stimpy lol. its got a wee bit of epic tumblr energy or whatever to it but thats about it. its basically straight jokes to punchlines
its crazy whenever i see a clip of R&S i'm like wait, they let me watch this as a kid?? i think it might be the most disturbing mainstream cartoon ever. john kricfalusi getting to poison the minds of half the millennial generation (and inappropriately touch the other half) explains a lot actually. johnk ftw

but yeah it has tumblr energy but w/e, saying gently caress on tv hasn't been even remotely close to edgy since 2001 and i don't get why people are mad/in love with it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

its crazy whenever i see a clip of R&S i'm like wait, they let me watch this as a kid?? i think it might be the most disturbing mainstream cartoon ever. john kricfalusi getting to poison the minds of half the millennial generation (and inappropriately touch the other half) explains a lot actually. johnk ftw

but yeah it has tumblr energy but w/e, saying gently caress on tv hasn't been even remotely close to edgy since 2001 and i don't get why people are mad/in love with it

Even watching R&S as a kid you knew that guy was some sort of weird sex freak

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

mags posted:

it’s war

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oleuD8479uM

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

back when the mods use to do something about people posting slurs

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

R&S accurately describing stravros halkias leaving cumtown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uynMyztqIiA&t=144s

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
bump

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Finally a thread where we can discuss the Wins Above Replacement metric

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i will volunteer to ik the pop culture thread. star wars and star trek and marvel chat will be banned. snyder chat is encouraged.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Finally a thread where we can discuss the Wins Above Replacement metric

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

star wars and star trek and marvel chat will be banned
good

snyder chat is encouraged.
bad

but yes mods, make FSF the ik

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

if anyone says "movies are too long" i will request a ban

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enough with the two parters. BRING BACK INTERMISSIONS

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

if anyone says "movies are too long" i will request a ban
I loving love long movies but I think there's fair criticism that many movies run way way way longer than they deserve and that the average has crept upward over the years, and unfairly justified. e.g. recent example being Bodies^3 but also just many others run way longer than the premise's gas tank could hold

perhaps I'm giving goons too much of the benefit-of-the-doubt (lol), but generally i think when most people are referring to that movies are too long it is pertaining to not being justified. good movies like Last Duel, or BR2049 are very justified. 200m contemporary manchildren entertainment movies not so much.

i also assume when goons state this it's because their tastes align to the latter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
long movies are the dark souls of movies

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

this

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

All wars matter

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Xaris posted:

I loving love long movies but I think there's fair criticism that many movies run way way way longer than they deserve and that the average has crept upward over the years, and unfairly justified. e.g. recent example being Bodies^3 but also just many others run way longer than the premise's gas tank could hold

perhaps I'm giving goons too much of the benefit-of-the-doubt (lol), but generally i think when most people are referring to that movies are too long it is pertaining to not being justified. good movies like Last Duel, or BR2049 are very justified. 200m contemporary manchildren entertainment movies not so much.

i also assume when goons state this it's because their tastes align to the latter

this is the poo poo im talking about. if anything blockbusters are shorter then they were. titanic? the longest day? loving doctor dolittle (1967) was 150 minutes long. you sound like a clown

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

this is the poo poo im talking about. if anything blockbusters are shorter then they were. titanic? the longest day? loving doctor dolittle (1967) was 150 minutes long. you sound like a clown

it had an intermission, because intermissions are ftw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
could you smoke in movie theaters in the olden days or did it ruin the ability to watch

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
next thread should be gwar

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

guy who loves singing cowboys disgusted that they used as many as 5 reels in one movie

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

i will volunteer to ik the pop culture thread. star wars and star trek and marvel chat will be banned. snyder chat is encouraged.

Posting about the Timothy Snyder comic book

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gah!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
what is it good for?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ohtori Akio posted:

next thread should be gwar

ArmedZombie posted:

gwar politics thread

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2H_Wl4bloQ

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

what is it good for?

Share prices

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
rip mayor dave brockie

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lol drat cloks reregged? what's up brother long time no see!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

my_custom_username posted:

lol drat cloks reregged? what's up brother long time no see!

hmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

i'm normal this morning