Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

jetz0r posted:

that's wildly inappropriate to bring to a kitchen

the space is way too small for such a large sword, a short sword would be much better for those tight quarters. or oddly enough, a large chef's knife.

You think that's a coincidence?! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

jetz0r posted:

that's wildly inappropriate to bring to a kitchen

the space is way too small for such a large sword, a short sword would be much better for those tight quarters. or oddly enough, a large chef's knife.
it's for people asking him for ciggies on break out back

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah nah bro you tell him

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
it's probably one of those emotional support swords, otherwise i dont see how he's allowed to wear it

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/AI7rdPu.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/HeTYC79.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/VENDZ7G.mp4

McGavin fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 14, 2024

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

it's probably one of those emotional support swords, otherwise i dont see how he's allowed to wear it

Texas--and probably other states--legalized carrying swords, on the theory it wasn't any more dangerous than open carrying pistols, which was already legal without permit.

They're not wrong.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kraken Tarantino

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Boo, there's no octopus on ur cnt

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Boo, there's no octopus on ur cnt

There's a Japanese woodblock print for that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Octopi can change color to perfectly blend into their environment.

I've heard that octopi turn red when they're pissed, stark raving mad and not giving a poo poo if someone sees them. So I think stinky feet up there maybe threw off their fishing game, but when they came to check them out they seemed kinda cool and in fact in no need of dragging of out to sea and strangling, so they could stay.

I've now also learned that octopi turn brown when they're being a mischievous little poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the brightest octopodes and the dimmest divers.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

art

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Karate Bastard posted:

Octopi can change color to perfectly blend into their environment.

I've heard that octopi turn red when they're pissed, stark raving mad and not giving a poo poo if someone sees them. So I think stinky feet up there maybe threw off their fishing game, but when they came to check them out they seemed kinda cool and in fact in no need of dragging of out to sea and strangling, so they could stay.

I've now also learned that octopi turn brown when they're being a mischievous little poo poo.

The giant pacific octopus is just naturally red. I don't know why.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The giant pacific octopus is just naturally red. I don't know why.

That's their secret, Cap...they're always angry

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_O._Studley
It’s in the Smithsonian.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

i thought this was some batman cosplay at first

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Either he never used a tool a day in his life or he used the absolute gently caress out of those tools, respecting always and rebuilding when necessary.

E: mad respect for a 200 piece toolbox I say as I look for my shittiest flathead screwdriver to use as a chisel

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 15, 2024

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Eg-fR-4oI

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HO Studley fucks

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Platystemon posted:

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the brightest octopodes and the dimmest divers.

There is a good Dollop episode on octopus ‘wrestling’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuJXCOFDfN8

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Either he never used a tool a day in his life or he used the absolute gently caress out of those tools, respecting always and rebuilding when necessary.

E: mad respect for a 200 piece toolbox I say as I look for my shittiest flathead screwdriver to use as a chisel

It was only ever meant as an art piece, meant to showcase the beauty of the tools and the cabinet itself. It's not actually practical as a working toolbox, as it weighs some ungodly, not easily portable amount, and the beauty belies the fact that it's annoying and hard to get tools into and out of.

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

I've got a nagging feeling that this is the work of a house flipper and none of those work.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/fe4KrfW.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

A word of caution (self.Blacksmith)

We have all been warned about the dangers of chips breaking off mushroomed tools and we all wear (hopefully) safety glasses to protect our eyes from that kind of stuff. Today however, I learned a brand new lesson and I thought it might be a good idea to share it with everyone.

I was working on a door knocker using a piece of 3/4" square stock. I was putting some notches into it near the center point with some angled dies to set off the center section. I made my dies from 4150 and believed I had annealed the striking end enough to be safe, but I was wrong.

When striking my top die with a 4 lb. drillers hammer, a chip broke off and hit me in the left thumb. I was using tongs so my hand was at least 12" away, the die was not mushroomed and I was wearing leather welding gloves. I was suprised that it hurt as much as it did, I assumed it was just from the impact and continued to work. After 10 minutes or so my thumb still hurt quite a bit and I couldn't figure out why so I took off the glove to see what was up. The chip that came off of the top die had penetrated right through the welding glove and embedded itself into the bone on the back of my thumb. I had to use needle nose pliers to get it out.

Needless to say I am going to be re-annealing all my 4150 dies to make sure this never happens again. I shudder to think what would have happened if it had hit me in the face.

The moral of the story is make drat sure any striking tools you are using are sufficiently soft on the struck end that this cannot happen to you. I am still amazed at the velocity that chip reached and am lucky it didn't do more damage.

quote:

I used to work in a winery and was fixing a barrel. There are special hoop tightening hammers you use, that you strike with another one to drive the hoops tighter.

Both hammers I was using were hardened and one of them partially exploded, sending a large metal chip into my wrist between my tendons and just missing blood vessels. Had to have surgery to get it out.

A hammer head chipping is no joke.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 15, 2024

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hammers: maybe once or twice but be careful

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i thought this was some batman cosplay at first

He forgot the bat cephalopod repellant

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Lol at taking out something embedded in bone when away from a hospital. There is a lot of blood going through your hands, i once nearly bled out as a teen when i cut the artery in my right thumb, i blacked out and was lucky there were others present

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

there a button that fires all the tools out?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpefYPLH67A

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What role do you suppose a carpenter has in a world of wooden dolls?

I would have said "doctor"

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Extremely pro click.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Aeble posted:

Extremely pro click.
Indeed

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Non Compos Mentis posted:

in action:

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

If you have yet to experience Hidari, DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Wow, very OSHA

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sby890xOrD1s1ddrj.mp4

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost

No. 6 posted:

Wow, very OSHA