Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Doc Rivers for president

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/umichvoter/status/1779502621146972178

lol americans have the memories of hummingbirds.

I would bet your life was far more stable in 2019 than in 2023

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

if interest rates were still sub 3% and good chicken breasts were $2.99/lb Biden would be in good electoral shape but unfortunately his lovely administration has fully destroyed the little economic security Americans did have going into 2021

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1779689976852058576

:ok:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cRwzfBd7JrE

Appreciate her brief foray into “the left” in 2020.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
kate willet is going to be surprised to discover that from here on out the “scarwy republicans” are going to be the ones who keep on running because they’re the ones getting funded by the dems, to be the boogeymen to their mere far-right policies.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I would bet your life was far more stable in 2019 than in 2023

jokes on you my life has always been poo poo

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/umichvoter/status/1779502621146972178

lol americans have the memories of hummingbirds.

it was better under Trump though

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
For most people, it's pretty much objectively true that their lives were better in 2019 than at present day in most respects.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I can't believe after 4 years of continually worsening material conditions people aren't frothing at the mouth to vote for Biden again

Like even Trump knew getting involved in the Middle East was campaign death, and that was with Bolton champing at the bit to drag us into any conflict.
Biden got us two smoldering messes and couldn't even be bothered to lean on the fed to juice the economy.
No we got historic loss of human rights, genocide, deepening recession, and the best he can do is half-heartedly roll out a gutted student loan forgiveness program he promised he'd sign as soon as he got into office

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
starting to think that life just continues to get worse for the average american no matter who is president

thank god I can vote my way out of this sticky situation!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

His entire premise for the first election was to provide a stabilizing presence to restore global and domestic legitimacy to the united states and he can't even perform that function because they've got to keep him in cryostasis through most of the continually escalating crises

He's nothing, he's a void, and the mechanisms of american power are not balanced in a way right now where they can run themselves without some interference
they're all in blinking self-destruct mode

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

His entire premise for the first election was to provide a stabilizing presence to restore global and domestic legitimacy to the united states

:laffo:

Mission accomplished, Joe!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jon Carbuncle posted:

starting to think that life just continues to get worse for the average american no matter who is president

Unfortunately everyone has to vote the correct way, and more unfortunately, Mabel in Bumfuck Wyoming thinks that Joe Biden's long and proven history of rape and genocide is cringe, so she voted wrong (not for Joe), so enjoy your thousand years of darkness, which you deserve for not voting hard enough 20 years ago.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Bidens going to lose because Pepsi is $10 a 12 pack and also because he is personally overseeing the genocide of Palestine. Sucks to suck Joe

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/noemiemakesmaps/status/1779683723740418330

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

yeah my life is worse knowing that children and hospitals are getting bombed. on top of declining domestic conditions

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

politics is loving "Saw" to these people

you don't have to engage in the game

not playing is a valid choice, and a hearty "gently caress off" to the people that insist you must make your soul complicit in the actions of politicians

mags
May 30, 2008

ugh fine I’ll have the poo poo covered in glass entree

mags
May 30, 2008

you know it kinda looks like the dem is on the switch just letting GOP trolleys run everyone over

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
need the full circuit trolly pic

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Jon Carbuncle posted:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

the trans hysteria is not grounded in reality and action towards it only serves to harm and torment others but so is the mexican border and the israeli conflict and he has chosen the hitler route on both of those issues

he will ban trans healthcare in his second term (or maybe even first). the feudal lords will demand it.

Automata 10 Pack has issued a correction as of 14:18 on Apr 15, 2024

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

surely this vote will improve the lives of every one

ah well nevertheless…

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They're Canadian

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jon Carbuncle posted:

The person who said in this thread recently that we're heading into an age of incumbency disadvantage is probably right. Perhaps Biden and Trump are uniquely demented, but I suspect that conditions are deteriorating rapidly enough that you'd see these levels of unpopularity even with a hypothetical President who can string together a sentence. Regardless, it's not like we can test this theory since apparently Biden or Trump will be President (Trump will win lmaooo)

Nichael has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Apr 15, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Automata 10 Pack posted:

the trans hysteria is not grounded in reality and action towards it only serves to harm and torment others but so is the mexican border and the israeli conflict and he has chosen the hitler route on both of those issues

he will ban trans healthcare in his second term (or maybe even first). the feudal lords will demand it.

Biden delivered on his campaign promise (from 2008) and Built the Wall. Promises made, promises kept.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

The person who said in this thread recent that we're heading into an age of incumbency disadvantage is probably right. Perhaps Biden and Trump are uniquely demented, but I suspect that conditions are deteriorating rapidly enough that you'd see these levels of unpopularity even with a hypothetical President who can string together a sentence. Regardless, it's not like we can test this theory since apparently Biden or Trump will be President (Trump will win lmaooo)

I'd believe it. The guy outside the White House will always be able to credibly claim that the guy inside it didn't fix the country. And they never will, because they can't.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'd believe it. The guy outside the White House will always be able to credibly claim that the guy inside it didn't fix the country. And they never will, because they can't.

I think what will guarantee this is if conditions deteriorate enough that they can no longer be offset by a President without obvious brain damage. Like, I wonder if a President Fat Governor From Illinois would have popularity ratings this bad? Maybe not in 2024, but he probably would in 2028 or 2032 or so on.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

https://x.com/SxarletRed/status/1779701134195659195
brianna poo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

what if brianna and will stancil got married and kiss and had a baby pop out and it looked at me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

my bony fealty posted:

Bidens going to lose because Pepsi is $10 a 12 pack and also because he is personally overseeing the genocide of Palestine. Sucks to suck Joe

I don't think the president has real any ability to control inflation. Trump cut taxes for rich people which is inflationary and prices and interest rates were lower. Biden cut the COVID era safety net and still got higher prices and rates. He does deserve to lose because of Gaza though.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

mcmagic posted:

I don't think the president has real any ability to control inflation. Trump cut taxes for rich people which is inflationary and prices and interest rates were lower. Biden cut the COVID era safety net and still got higher prices and rates. He does deserve to lose because of Gaza though.

wow!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

I don't think the president has real any ability to control inflation. Trump cut taxes for rich people which is inflationary

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I honestly have come around to thinking Biden wins because America has no appetite for change as shown by just copying 2020's match-up and also would never do something as funny as Grover Cleveland Trump. Irrelevant to me, I'm voting Stein either way, and it's a shitshow regardless. But I guarantee I've thought more about what a Biden 2nd term can mean than your average VBNMW. They're all absolutely convinced Trump has already won, they just want an early start on punching left.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lmao

i love crazy cloud and the expanded crazy cloud universe

Probably Magic posted:

I honestly have come around to thinking Biden wins because America has no appetite for change as shown by just copying 2020's match-up and also would never do something as funny as Grover Cleveland Trump. Irrelevant to me, I'm voting Stein either way, and it's a shitshow regardless. But I guarantee I've thought more about what a Biden 2nd term can mean than your average VBNMW. They're all absolutely convinced Trump has already won, they just want an early start on punching left.

It's a toss up. Biden is certainly trying to lose despite how loving stupid Trump is, much like Clinton was. It's a matter of how absolutely incompetent the Democrat team is gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

the government can do price control by providing national options (ie government brand pepsi for $3 a twelve pack) or providing ration cards for pepsi to control demand. or they can do what nixon did and threaten to throw the owners of pepsi in prison if they tried to increase their price for a certain time period.

i mean, this is a ridiculous thing to do with pepsi. but you do it to the markets are that driving up inflation. like housing and rent.

Automata 10 Pack has issued a correction as of 14:40 on Apr 15, 2024