Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Sirotan posted:

That kitchen has a Smeg dishwasher and mixer as well!

I kinda wanted a pink Smeg fridge for my recent kitchen remodel but only if there was a way I could remove the branding. I couldn't find any info anywhere about how the letters were attached to the front of the door and wasn't willing the of risk buying one and damaging it or being stuck seeing S M E G every time I wanted something to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Ditocoaf posted:

It doesn't look comfortable but I'm sure some of that is the HDR

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "HDR" stand for in this context? I've got a couple of ideas, but I don't feel confident any of them are right, and the meaning of the statement hinges on it.

I'm thinking either High Definition Resolution (photography) or Home Decoration (something) (actual stuff in the house) and either could apply.

The two minutes I've spent dwelling on this is probably too much, but now I can't stop, lol.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I found another Doom bathroom

https://www.redfin.com/TN/Nashville/3415-West-End-Ave-37203/unit-1101/home/108052614

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Twenty Four posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "HDR" stand for in this context? I've got a couple of ideas, but I don't feel confident any of them are right, and the meaning of the statement hinges on it.

I'm thinking either High Definition Resolution (photography) or Home Decoration (something) (actual stuff in the house) and either could apply.

The two minutes I've spent dwelling on this is probably too much, but now I can't stop, lol.

High dynamic range photographic post possessing. When not done carefully it flattens out shadows and makes stuff look unreal.

Real estate photos in general are not done carefully, and bad HDR combined with turning the color saturation way the gently caress up are the norm.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sirotan posted:

I kinda wanted a pink Smeg fridge for my recent kitchen remodel but only if there was a way I could remove the branding. I couldn't find any info anywhere about how the letters were attached to the front of the door and wasn't willing the of risk buying one and damaging it or being stuck seeing S M E G every time I wanted something to eat.

The SMEG letters can be taken off easily. You do have to patch the post holes, though.

https://youtu.be/u9Lr0sjF6Hc?si=VVAfmExmFNnxaymj

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sirotan posted:

There was a Smeg glass electric range in my old apartment and as a fan of Red Dwarf its presence delighted me.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

High dynamic range photographic post possessing. When not done carefully it flattens out shadows and makes stuff look unreal.

Real estate photos in general are not done carefully, and bad HDR combined with turning the color saturation way the gently caress up are the norm.

Thanks! I can see it and recognize it, just didn't know the acronym.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Inzombiac posted:

The SMEG letters can be taken off easily. You do have to patch the post holes, though.

https://youtu.be/u9Lr0sjF6Hc?si=VVAfmExmFNnxaymj

Good to know. Definitely would not have been interested in proceeding knowing that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Professor Wayne posted:

I found another Doom bathroom

This would work better if they had gone with a black bath instead of red.

At least it's not avacado, I guess.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Must admit I was wondering what all the fuss was about (though that fan is certainly interesting) and then hit the bathroom like WHOA, whoa, whoa...

Sirotan posted:

I fail to see the problem.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This would work better if they had gone with a black bath instead of red.

At least it's not avacado, I guess.

The blood stains are less visible this way.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

620 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30312

This one's good weird.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I loving love this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aw, the Munsters are moving out? :(

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
What-we-do-in-the-shadows-rear end house. I do not understand the one picture that shows its exterior painted white.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

5TonsOfFlax posted:

What-we-do-in-the-shadows-rear end house. I do not understand the one picture that shows its exterior painted white.

It's grey! Probably a render for people who think grey is the only good colour.

I see a black door
And I want it painted grey
No colors anymore
I want them to turn grey

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The greige is strong with this one

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

This house's photographs are a case study in how much worse buildings look with the HDR that realtors love:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

aniviron posted:

This house's photographs are a case study in how much worse buildings look with the HDR that realtors love:

Lmao, good lord. That one gets into AI territory, everything's so overdefined.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's like a technical illustration at that point

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

That house kicks rear end.

But yeah lmao at all the pictures that are edited to try to sell you the house even if that house is not your aesthetic at all.

I understand some of the "try to imagine the potential" stuff they do sometimes but that house has already hit maximum potential.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

So, like, what does the climbing hole in the ceiling lead to?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

My guess is the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

The listing says:

quote:

and a bedroom with a rock-climbing wall to a "secret loft"

...and that's it, nothing else.

I know many houses have a crawl space instead of a full attic, and have a little access hatch like that you typically use a ladder to get up into. Usually it's got a piece of drywall sitting on top or a little lid or something blocking the actual hole unless you need in there, and often located in a closet or something. Maybe it's just that but a neat way to get up there, and possibly "semi-finished".

Typically it's just for insulation, ductwork, and running cables for TV and stuff, but some people throw some plywood on top of the 2x4's up there and use it for a tiny, cramped storage area. However with that house, it might be something way cooler.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I like how they posed a stuffed animal to disguise the safety mats as a dog bed.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH0AYSBZafU&t=74s

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I like how they posed a stuffed animal to disguise the safety mats as a dog bed.

Nah that's a guard leopard. Just to keep what ever's up there from coming down.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I think you'll find, actually, that it's the real life Red Jaguar guarding his wares from those dastardly barracuda, monkeys, iguanas, parrots and snakes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

iwentdoodie posted:

I think you'll find, actually, that it's the real life Red Jaguar guarding his wares from those dastardly barracuda, monkeys, iguanas, parrots and snakes.

I read that as Jet Jaguar.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Goth tub. Goth tub!

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
I hope I can embed IG reels
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5OpiIUuRCo/?igsh=cW9tdjl0OHNjeHl1

Edit: no I cannot

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

There may be some special syntax that lets you do that for Instagram videos, but I don't know it. When I've done that on the forums before, I download/reupload to Imgur like so

https://i.imgur.com/X0iQpNU.mp4

That's... a whole lot of decisions that I can't figure out. Or, in the case of those beams, my eyes can't even parse. Fuckin' SCP-rear end barn.
-----------------

Unrelated: wat

Realtor decided to... just erase those real quick?

The rest is also bafflingly decorated, just weird choices everywhere. And so many decals!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Trabant posted:

Unrelated: wat

Realtor decided to... just erase those real quick?

The rest is also bafflingly decorated, just weird choices everywhere. And so many decals!

It looks almost like one of those underground bomb shelters that were designed to look like an above ground garden with a fake skyline on the walls.

e: this fuckin thing: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2019/02/09/bizarre-underground-bomb-shelter-mansion-listed-in-las-vegas-for-18-million/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Somewhere Xzibit is getting ready to say the thing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Or the fake street they made in the basement of a house to keep a senile family member from wandering off.

That said, I do like all the greenery, even if it must be a pain to maintain.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or the fake street they made in the basement of a house to keep a senile family member from wandering off.

..... or to keep Barbra Streisand from buying too much poo poo at the actual mall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MVoDgpLADA

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

It looks almost like one of those underground bomb shelters that were designed to look like an above ground garden with a fake skyline on the walls.

Yeah, it seems like they wanted to do an "inside that looks like the outside" thing, they just, um did it really badly.

Maybe it looks slightly better at night with only a few of the lights on. Like I really doubt it, but maybe. :shrug:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Wegmans-rear end house

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Friend of mine sent me this TikTok and told me to watch it, then let her know when I was done.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLyQfpYa/

After I finished watching it, she sent me this: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/520-Eldridges-Hill-Rd-Pilesgrove-NJ-08098/39824185_zpid/

Someone committed an absolute crime here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Well that makes me sad.