Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mentioned it before but it's fair to think that she is one, because she tried as hard as she could to set herself up in that position for easy advancement but unfortunately for her she had mild criticism of pelosi and the Dems at one point so she must be brought to heel at every opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

We lose BRAIN?!?

my instructions were very clear, morans

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

joe gave beau good brain

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

That's right. Trump was the shock to the system, but now that everyone is numb Biden is doing a lot of what Trump was doing anyway.

I've said for years that most people, especially liberals, never really gave a poo poo about what Trump did, it was the fact that he was loud about it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/voxdotcom/status/1779880844372463696

:bernin:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/boulvetardier/status/1779889172280397854
:)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Excelzior posted:

first hit for "our glorious"

I wish we could get some of that AI-powered image searching on Android that iPhones get because it'd be nice to type "america deserved" and have it come up with the "listen bud, america deserved 9/11" t-shirt image from my gallery rather than me scrolling through the saved memes folder manually

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

What do these people think the point of the trolley problem is?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Blockade posted:

to convince people that they have to vote for democrats

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Blockade posted:

it's the same thing people who bring up Game Theory think: it's a rhetorical trick where you reference a thing Smart People talked about once, so therefore you are a Smart Person and Correct

nevermind that it's just introductory level thought exercises for every philosophy program in existence

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Blockade posted:

To kill someone, dammit.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Blockade posted:

Win

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Someone made a more accurate version

https://x.com/GASLIGHTER_/status/1779819484263428240

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mama mia

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Grapplejack posted:

She's not an op, because if she was she would be being utilized way more to funnel people into traditional party apparatuses.

It's true that Democrats basically shun her existence at every opportunity.

But like I said before, I think AOC's intent matters less than the outcome, which is the same regardless whether she was a naive reformer who failed or a grifter all along.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Since Trump's policies differed very little from those of nice, respectable Republican presidents like George W Bush or Ronald Wilson Reagan whose party we need to be strong, by far the worst thing about the Trump years by comparison to what it would have been like under anyone else was having to see his orange cheeto face on the news every day.

But the libs haven't stopped putting Trump's face on the news every single day even though Biden has been president for four years, and also everything is more expensive and Biden got us into a bunch more wars, so even if Trump's cheeto face is worse than any of that, we ended up with both anyway.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Excelzior posted:

first hit for "our glorious"

Thank you. Evergreen image.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Since Trump's policies differed very little from those of nice, respectable Republican presidents like George W Bush or Ronald Wilson Reagan whose party we need to be strong, by far the worst thing about the Trump years by comparison to what it would have been like under anyone else was having to see his orange cheeto face on the news every day.

But the libs haven't stopped putting Trump's face on the news every single day even though Biden has been president for four years, and also everything is more expensive and Biden got us into a bunch more wars, so even if Trump's cheeto face is worse than any of that, we ended up with both anyway.

was chatting with an aunt of mine and made the mistake of straying into politics chat and immediately got to hear the word "orange" twice in the span of just a few sentences. changed the subject to something I was interested in talking with her about.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

VitalSigns posted:

The only way to sell a Biden second term to the country that would have a chance in hell of winning is in comparison to Trump.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

The only way to sell a Biden second term to the country that would have a chance in hell of winning is in comparison to Trump.

and it may yet work

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Blockade posted:

Blockade, probably, talking to some random VBNMW: The point is whether you think it’s morally acceptable to actively do wrong (kill an innocent by your own act) in order to prevent a greater harm that will unfold through no action of your own. There’s not really a ‘right or wrong answer’ it’s just a basic thought experiment to make you consider an extremely clear version of do ends justify means and such. It’s intentionally set up that way to make you think and breaks down if you start trying to apply it to voting and national policy

VBNMW rando: Uh no dude. It’s about your obligation to make hard choices and get your hands dirty, because only you can save America from Trump with your vote!

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 17:46 on Apr 15, 2024

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

goldmine

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

because only you can save America from Trump with your vote!

no

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Vim Fuego posted:

We lose BRAIN?!?

it's called good genes.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

it's called good genes.

Best biggest jeans make the best brainiest babies imo. That’s why all the smartest kids were born between 1995 and 2004

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

The337th posted:

bernie's face in that thumbnail is exactly like mine everytime I see bernie news now

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

mawarannahr posted:

it's called good genes.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bernie sanders is a really, really rotten individual

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

AOC trying to be an op, I guess motivated by her careerist ambitions that go way back, and failing because she didn't have the wherewithal to say "ha ha ha it was a DEBATE!" after criticizing Pelosi and the Democrats, would be very funny.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The left made an enemy of AOC, and now she will slam the throttle for Hillary

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Blockade posted:

Sometimes you just have to throw other people under the bus, okay? Well not me, I’m important, but other people yes absolutely

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

AOC trying to be an op, I guess motivated by her careerist ambitions that go way back, and failing because she didn't have the wherewithal to say "ha ha ha it was a DEBATE!" after criticizing Pelosi and the Democrats, would be very funny.

She probably thinks she's doing what she has to do to get anything done in the current model of the democratic party. Afterall that is the way all her colleagues behave.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
oh?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/15/politics/clarence-thomas-supreme-court/index.html

quote:

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas did not attend oral arguments Monday and provided no explanation for his absence.

:pray:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

We should be so lucky

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Rubellavator posted:

prices rose because there was political cover to do so and the country didn't literally shut down so here's the new norm

yeah I'm wrong on that, it wasn't the rate hikes that kicked it off. It spiked at a really weird time - inflation went down during covid significantly, then suddenly skyrocketed a year later.

Was it a different money spigot turning off march 2021 that did it?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quick reminder

(h/t PoundSand)

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Harik posted:

yeah I'm wrong on that, it wasn't the rate hikes that kicked it off. It spiked at a really weird time - inflation went down during covid significantly, then suddenly skyrocketed a year later.

Was it a different money spigot turning off march 2021 that did it?

March 2021 was also the middle of the covid vaccine rollout - eligibility was expanding dramatically, shots were going in arms, it really looked like covid would Go Away Soon and everyone could get back to Normal Life. Why not raise your prices little a bit? As a treat to your bottom line?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nothing this good ever happens.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

SixteenShells posted:

March 2021 was also the middle of the covid vaccine rollout - eligibility was expanding dramatically, shots were going in arms, it really looked like covid would Go Away Soon and everyone could get back to Normal Life. Why not raise your prices little a bit? As a treat to your bottom line?

no way it was uh logistics or infrastructure or something, capital is not a monolith!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Would Biden even try to get a nominee through before the election?