Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

If Clarence wasn't in the SupCt by tmrw I guarantee you Biden wouldn't be able to nominate and pass thru his replacement before Nov. Like absolutely not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Vim Fuego posted:

Would Biden even try to get a nominee through before the election?

not a chance

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

nah it'd be disrespectful

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shageletic posted:

If Clarence wasn't in the SupCt by tmrw I guarantee you Biden wouldn't be able to nominate and pass thru his replacement before Nov. Like absolutely not.

Manchin and Sinema blocking it as a final farewell? lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The republicans put Barrett on the court after votes had been cast in the 2020 election heh.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It is being reported that Justice Thomas died in a threeway with Speaker Emeritus Newt Gingrich and Ambassador Callista Gingrich. Justice Thomas remained asleep for the latter two-thirds of the sexual encounter, as in an echo of his idiosyncratic behavior on the Supreme Court of the United States.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Apr 15, 2024

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

Precedence has been firmly established on this, Democrat Presidents don't get to do nominees in their last year

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Maybe some kind of accident happened on one of those billionaire retreats he goes to. Maybe hunting the most dangerous game when the most dangerous game got them back.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's funny that no other Speaker did the "emiritus" bullshit by the way.

"The Democratic Caucus named her "Speaker Emerita".[54][55]"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

Of course not

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Nichael posted:

It is being reported that Justice Thomas died in a threeway with Speaker Emeritus Newt Gingrich and Ambassador Callista Gingrich. Justice Thomas remained asleep for the latter two-thirds of the sexual encounter, as in an echo his idiosyncratic behavior on the Supreme Court of the United States.

Justice Tape is real

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Vim Fuego posted:

this would be the greatest gift to the biden reelection campaign short of trump dying

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
no, that would be Biden dying

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ex post facho posted:

no, that would be Biden dying

I think Biden dying at the right time to garner sympathy, but not expose the public too much to Harris.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Nichael posted:

I think Biden dying at the right time to garner sympathy, but not expose the public too much to Harris.

so, about two weeks before voting starts, then

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Nichael posted:

The Democrats are truly disgusting, and their inability to disguise it is remarkable.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
seeing trump falling asleep in the courtroom is such a wonderful reminder of the state of the world these days

behold, two men having a dodder-off

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The Democrats are truly disgusting, and their inability to disguise it is remarkable.

It's so unnecessary! "Former Speaker" should be enough. Why is she getting a loving title like nobility?

And the answer is, she is American nobility. This is what we got.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

seeing trump falling asleep in the courtroom is such a wonderful reminder of the state of the world these days

behold, two men having a dodder-off

Trump needs to harvest Jeb!s to power up his jack off crystals.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sotomayor and Thomas both die in the same week and Trump gets to replace both of them in January 2025

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it doesn't matter, the supreme court is conservative for at least the next 20 years, more justices now is just running up the 7-2 and 6-3 decisions

since joe won't pack the court must be fracked

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Precedence has been firmly established on this, Democrat Presidents don't get to do nominees

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nichael posted:

It's so unnecessary! "Former Speaker" should be enough. Why is she getting a loving title like nobility?

my conspiratorial bent leads me to believe it was part of whatever deal was struck to get her to stop being Speaker permanently. but it was probably an organic thing from people really mad that Pelosi was so unfairly forced out of that position

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

She wanted to let everyone know that she is still the real speaker even though Jefferies is technically there.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Especially not with a Republican senate, that die is cast.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

she's just like the other nazi ghoul that until recently had an emeritus title fr

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
It's sick as gently caress that this unelected body of liches get to make our lives worse and worse and when we complain about it we're told to vote for the same people that put said liches in power

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

American democracy was always a sham, but it was floating on a cushion of material prosperity, like nearly every liberal institution was. Sure, there was racial discrimination, but the mid century compromise was basically that if you were a white American, certain things were going to break your way. So it didn't really matter what the Democrats got up to, and if they were inside traders, that lobbyists determined pork barrel spending, whatever.

Then, the ruling class got greedy, and the Democrats forgot what kept the system running.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
nothing like reminding everyone orange man bad by a 666th dimensional chess of war with iran

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

What in the serial-killer hell is going on with the font used for CHILD here?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1779915876663242951

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Palladium posted:

nothing like reminding everyone orange man bad by a 666th dimensional chess of war with iran

literally lolling again and again and again that part of Biden's electoral claim in 2020 was that Trump would get us into more wars including a war with Iran

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

What in the serial-killer hell is going on with the font used for CHILD here?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1779915876663242951

is that the DARE font?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I guess it's supposed to be childish handwriting drawn with chalk but instead it looks like something a psycho drew after dipping his finger in blood.

I also processed it as CHILO when I first read it & wondered why CHILOs got tax credits.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Willa Rogers posted:

I guess it's supposed to be childish handwriting drawn with chalk but instead it looks like something a psycho drew after dipping his finger in blood.

I also processed it as CHILO when I first read it & wondered why CHILOs got tax credits.

the new chomo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/ryangrim/status/1779940477120172068
:)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao "or Palestine"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Biden would push through a "compromise" justice that would suck almost as bad as Thomas in the name of :decorum:, knowing his ability to read a room.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Biden would push through a "compromise" justice that would suck almost as bad as Thomas in the name of :decorum:, knowing his ability to read a room.

merrick garland?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

does the dk stand for donkey kong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Almost immediately after the October 7 attacks and the launch of Israel’s scorched-earth war against Gaza, tensions began to boil within the newsroom over the Times coverage. Some staffers said they believed the paper was going out of its way to defer to Israel’s narrative on the events and was not applying even standards in its coverage. Arguments began fomenting on internal Slack and other chat groups.

The debates between reporters on the Jerusalem bureau-led WhatsApp group, which at one point included 90 reporters and editors, became so intense that Pan, the international editor, interceded.

“We need to do a better job communicating with each other as we report the news, so our discussions are more productive and our disagreements less distracting,” Pan wrote in a November 28 WhatsApp message viewed by The Intercept and first reported by the Wall Street Journal. “At its best, this channel has been a quick, transparent and productive space to collaborate on a complex, fast-moving story. At its worst, it’s a tense forum where the questions and comments can feel accusatory and personal.”

Pan bluntly stated: “Do not use this channel for raising concerns about coverage.”