Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Or maybe they did get the message.

I dunno, I wouldn't call this blinking just yet. Even if Israel doesn't respond today, doesn't mean they won't later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hmm I think ISIS is going to do a terrorist attack somewhere in Iran fairly soon. Just a gut feeling

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Nonsense posted:

That IDF soldier who was photographed holding the child he murdered sock, has been brutally killed by Hamas.

I don't think "greetings (slur for jew)" is a real name.

But who knows maybe I'm wrong and this shithead did eat it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

"IDF Spokesperson: Immediate response? We'll do what is needed, at a time of our choosing. The assassination is Damascus? No diplomat was hurt there"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1779936368371626303?t=ZM3in5Khz6XVlAitesbvOw&s=19

Ah, well, the guy wasn't technically a diplomat so it was totally OK and not an act of war. Is this for loving real

no assassination has ever started a war

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Harik posted:

there's a guy out there whos name is 'Vile Shlomo' I think at this point any name is possible.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Operation Cool Adam

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That’s also not exactly what the freak actually wrote in Hebrew, the killing/raping part wasn’t explicit.

But it was pretty bad, and I hope for the worlds sake the story of his death is true.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Iron shield

Irony shield

Irony be my shield

:mods:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Operation Cool Adam

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

VoicesCanBe posted:

Iran's attack was carefully calibrated not to inflict damage but to send a message. Even the US received that message loud and clear.

Israel... did not.

Israel's fundamental problem here is that it doesn't seem to understand:

1. Iran is a sovereign country, which has its own deterrence to worry about, just like Israel
2. "Deterrence" and "perception of strength" are not the same thing. Force must be balanced with a degree of restraint to achieve the desired outcome. Your deterrence won't work if the enemy country has zero confidence you really won't attack them so long as they stay away. If you instead give them the impression that you're a rabid dog that would attack them anyway, unprovoked, and have already actually done that several times, than you increase the chances of them rolling the dice and striking back.

Israel has given Iran no reason to believe that it would back off so long as Iran backs off, despite Iran's enormous patience and restraint throughout the war. Why, therefore, would Iran be deterred? Why would they feel more inclined to stay quiet if they have every reason to feel like, if they don't bring war to Israel, Israel will bring war to it?

Israel is a psycho nazi country that understands only force, so it doesn't really get any of this. Nails and hammers, man.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/ryangrim/status/1779940477120172068?s=46

eyyyyyyy

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

crazy that i knew it was coming before israel did

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Harik posted:

You mean "shalom"? That's definitely used as an actual name as well as a word. Not suspicious.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

burying the lede by not focusing on them saying 'don't use the word Palestine' imo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Again stuff like this shows just how effective the Iran attack was. The only reason Israel is showing some restraint is because all their allies are demanding it, and the only reason those allies are demanding it is because Iran's attack actually spooked them. Iran has now made it officially known they are done loving around and will go to war over Israel's bullshit if they have to. We can sing all day about the 99.99999% missile interception rate or whatever but the political aims of the attack - at least a of now - appear to have been achieved in spades.

Honestly the US looks whipped as hell in all this, lol. They can barely keep Israel on its leash if at all, are bending over backwards to help them anyway even as Israel causes them no end of headache, and are now publicly shirking from a war with Iran. We are an utterly bitchmade paper tiger and it is on full display for the world to see.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Lets spare a moment to think about the real winners in all this

https://x.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1779939277360746807

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Harik posted:

is koshie a slur for jew? lol

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
The US could simply stop giving Israel weapons and this would be over almost immediately. Israel's stockpiles and defense industry simply can't keep up with any sort of prolonged conflict at all.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

haaretz reporting that all of israels allies are calling him and begging them to not strike Iran, netanyahu reacts the same way a child does, by refusing to pick up the phone and pretending they dont exist

===

Haaretz: International pressure is affecting Israel’s decision on Iran

Haaretz on a source familiar with the discussions of the Israeli War Council:

Security establishment pushes for military response to Iran

Netanyahu tends to support attacks on Iran.

The intense international pressure on Israel is greatly affecting decision-making.

Israel Broadcasting Corporation: Netanyahu Refused to Receive Calls from Foreign Leaders

The Israeli broadcaster quoted sources as saying that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to receive calls from foreign leaders after the Iranian attack on Israel, fearing that he would come under pressure to not respond to the attack.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31604;&%231609;

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

OctaMurk posted:

The US could simply stop giving Israel weapons and this would be over almost immediately. Israel's stockpiles and defense industry simply can't keep up with any sort of prolonged conflict at all.

Yeah Biden could also call them and say, "Stop."

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Sydin posted:

Again stuff like this shows just how effective the Iran attack was. The only reason Israel is showing some restraint is because all their allies are demanding it, and the only reason those allies are demanding it is because Iran's attack actually spooked them. Iran has now made it officially known they are done loving around and will go to war over Israel's bullshit if they have to. We can sing all day about the 99.99999% missile interception rate or whatever but the political aims of the attack - at least a of now - appear to have been achieved in spades.

Honestly the US looks whipped as hell in all this, lol. They can barely keep Israel on its leash if at all, are bending over backwards to help them anyway even as Israel causes them no end of headache, and are now publicly shirking from a war with Iran. We are an utterly bitchmade paper tiger and it is on full display for the world to see.

Iran demonstrated clearly that they have the ability to overwhelm the combined air defense of Israel and the US. And that was even after a clearly telegraphed attack which the US was warned about ahead of time (Kirby lying about this notwithstanding)

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Harik posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Godlessdonut posted:

Lets spare a moment to think about the real winners in all this

https://x.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1779939277360746807

you say the rate of profit has declined despite the mass of profits growing larger? most interesting

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

mcmagic posted:

It's close to "kooshi" which is a hebrew slur for black people, otherwise idk what he's talking about

Unaltered, "koshi" means "hardship". Never heard of a name like that but it's not too much a a stretch

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
shalom koshi my old friend

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

not laughing at this because im mature.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

mcmagic posted:

I've never heard of it but I could see kosher -> koshie?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Harik posted:

Maybe I got ahead of myself. All the reports of the dude being killed are from last week when 4 commandos were blown the gently caress up by Hamas: https://allisrael.com/4-idf-commandos-killed-in-khan-younis-brings-total-to-260-fallen-soldiers-since-beginning-of-ground-ops

None of their names are Shalom and if you squint maybe one or two ones look like the dude. Couldn't find another name for the pedophile private and I also tried Liran which I think is the Google English version of the name on the post.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/IsraelWarRoom/status/1779272337948389685

I won't spoil it, the comments are very funny

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israel wants this war to happen and the west will let them make it happen

=====

Israel Broadcasting Corporation: Ready to Respond to Iranian Attack Soon

The Israeli broadcaster said there was a willingness in Israel to respond to the Iranian attack in a short time, and expectations of an additional Iranian response.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31604;&%231609;

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Indiatwitter is very upset about....Kashmir lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

popeye?!

what does it do, shoot spinach?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Flavahbeast posted:

I won't spoil it, the comments are very funny

lmao

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

Lmao I have to admit I did not expect that

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

lmao

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Operation Cool Adam

lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also from this it seems like only 2 of israels missiles can reach iran

i dont have twitter whats the funny comment?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Can't see them because I don't have a twitter account but I will assume they are good.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Can someone post a screenshot of the funny comments? I do not have a twitter :shobon:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Pages and pages of angry Indians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pookah posted:

Can someone post a screenshot of the funny comments? I do not have a twitter :shobon:

https://twitter.com/ameer_al_katto/status/1779443522778636698#m

lol