Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

sea of,thieves is really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

kri kri posted:

its sick as gently caress lol

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

any suggestions for a reasonably priced headset?

also, any media remote for the series x worth a drat? I see the the 8bitdo one sounds unreliable

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

kri kri posted:

My favorite gaming story still involves playing with a group irl and making someone so angry he went home

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

kri kri posted:

I frequently toy with the idea of getting back into Sea of Thieves just for the vibes.

My multiplayer crew has moved onto other things, but that game is just such a gorgeous and chill time it still keeps calling to me.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I didn't think I'd find a game as fun and chill as Sea of Thieves, but when I started Deep Rock Galactic a few weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised.

Online co-op games are the best.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Barudak posted:

Botany Manor is a good rear end puzzle game with a weird flaw that even though you must collect and organize clues, you can't actually view the clues from your collecting and organizing and must go back to where they were in the world.

Yes, my wife's number 1 complaint when we started this.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
When something leaves gamepass on april 15th, does that mean midnight tonight or tomorrow night?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I tried but does anyone have that old post of the guy of the guy saying inferno is hell in Italian and everyone in italy laughing at us.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Playing Lil Gator Game.
After completing the quest that gives you the ninja headband, I got a good laugh that your character Naruto runs when its equipped.
Makes getting around the island much quicker too

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I tried but does anyone have that old post of the guy of the guy saying inferno is hell in Italian and everyone in italy laughing at us.

I don't think the old Blizzard subforum is indexed for searching, so it could be hard to find.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Playing Lil Gator Game.
After completing the quest that gives you the ninja headband, I got a good laugh that your character Naruto runs when its equipped.
Makes getting around the island much quicker too

Equip the throwing stars and nun chucks.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Thanks to Lil Gator Game I once again have a round number game score.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
A semi-weird question for those of you who have done the Dev mode thing to install RetroArch, as I know people on here have:

Charles Martel posted:

It's safe. I thought this guide by Archades Games was helpful when I did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsGb63LMWkc

I have a USB stick with ROMs/images on it that I transfer back and forth between my Xbox and PC since I have RetroArch on both and it works great.

If you care about achievements, you can even tie a Retro Achievements account (free and optional) to it for even more of an Xbox spirit to it if you want.

I was following the steps shown in the video linked in the quoted post (And other videos on YouTube), I get to the part where I need to register as a developer on Microsoft's website and pay the $19 fee, and it gives me this weird error, regardless of the browser or credit card.

I'm curious if anyone else here ever ran into this. The link on the page takes me back to the Partner Center, but since no workspaces or anything are set up, I can't submit support there. Googling around the last few days doesn't bring it up (Beyond me asking on some of their sites without answers), and I've already wasted hours trying the labyrinth of other Microsoft related "support" stuff and a few live chats without any answers beyond links to still other support pages that aren't related.

I just wanna play old games :smith:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Diablo 3 was also very unusual in its update history because when they were finally ready to pivot the first "good" versions of the game were on PS3 and 360, which had the far better drop rates weeks before PC did, and also allowed for things like offline play which the PC version still doesn't to this day.

In my launch era playthrough I only got one legendary drop across three full playthroughs of the game. It was a monk weapon. Its main roll was an intelligence buff, which is a stat monks don't use. Also I wasn't playing as a monk. I was able to mash my way through Italian Hell Act 1 but then Act 2 just destroyed me and I and others pretty much noped out at that point.

So for those unaware, the level cap at the time was level 60, and IIRC monsters in Italian Hell at least at a certain point would reach level 63. The only way to effectively fight them and not get one-shotted was to have some stupidly-rare gear drops and they were largely impractical to acquire before you got to around Act 4 in the game. There was a minor exploit where you could get the first part of Act 4 as a checkpoint and break pots (which, fortunately, couldn't one-shot you) in the hopes of finding rare loot that way, but this was hours and hours and still very unlikely to get you anything.

The addition of Adventure Mode so you didn't have to play through the story more than once was much welcomed.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://x.com/TrueAchievement/status/1779834187685474589

lol, classic

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm not sure what it is but achievements in some titles on Xbox are weirdly finnicky overall for mysterious reasons, like the way some games do them they can misfire and not unlock with the Xbox mothership.

I'm going to unlock all of the achievements in Diablo 3 at some point, but that game was really screwed up, basically there's an in-game "achievement" system that's specific to the game and the action of "popping" those achievements is what's meant to trigger it on the Xbox UI side, but it has something like 50/50 chance of loving up. This is a problem because you can't re-unlock an achievement in the in-game system without deleting EVERYTHING (all your characters and stash) and starting over, unless you get clever with save scumming by using a disc copy on a non-primary Xbox you can take offline (you can park a backup save there, attempt to unlock on your main system, and if it doesn't work go back to your backup system, take it offline, play the game from disc so it creates a save that's updated past the time of the fuckup without syncing with the hosed-up save, then bring it back online, resync and try again).

It wouldn't surprise me if there were some backend changes that are handled in newer GDK versions but older titles can be missing these adjustments.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone got the razer Kiara pro wireless? How do they like it?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

C'mon, Todd! Even as a thief back there you know that sometimes you gotta deliver something, right?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

univbee posted:

I'm not sure what it is but achievements in some titles on Xbox are weirdly finnicky overall for mysterious reasons, like the way some games do them they can misfire and not unlock with the Xbox mothership.

I'm going to unlock all of the achievements in Diablo 3 at some point, but that game was really screwed up, basically there's an in-game "achievement" system that's specific to the game and the action of "popping" those achievements is what's meant to trigger it on the Xbox UI side, but it has something like 50/50 chance of loving up. This is a problem because you can't re-unlock an achievement in the in-game system without deleting EVERYTHING (all your characters and stash) and starting over, unless you get clever with save scumming by using a disc copy on a non-primary Xbox you can take offline (you can park a backup save there, attempt to unlock on your main system, and if it doesn't work go back to your backup system, take it offline, play the game from disc so it creates a save that's updated past the time of the fuckup without syncing with the hosed-up save, then bring it back online, resync and try again).

It wouldn't surprise me if there were some backend changes that are handled in newer GDK versions but older titles can be missing these adjustments.

For the past few days, I haven't been getting the Achievement Unlocked notification on the Xbox anymore. But I get the notification on my phone instead!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Maybe they should try playing a good Fallout game instead

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Them remaking NV would be an admission of defeat.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
They should make a new isometric Fallout

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

TheScott2K posted:

They should make a new isometric Fallout

Play Wasteland 3 on game pass if you haven't already, it's very good.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
remake new vegas but with a good, non-bethesda game engine

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Bethesda and their audience are committed to this engine because it's all they know how to do and it's all the modders know how to do, switch engines and it'll take another 5 years to get to the level of modding Bethesda games need to be functional

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new vegas was , until the release of cyberpunk, the buggiest console game i'd ever played. an absolute techinal piece of poo poo on ps3, i have no idea how it didn't get the same treatment cp2077 got.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Bethesda and their audience are committed to this engine because it's all they know how to do and it's all the modders know how to do, switch engines and it'll take another 5 years to get to the level of modding Bethesda games need to be functional

They could always switch engines and then release a game that actually looks good and plays well and is something resembling finished, so the mod thing is less mission-critical.

Well they can't do that but someone they hire could.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

new vegas was , until the release of cyberpunk, the buggiest console game i'd ever played. an absolute techinal piece of poo poo on ps3, i have no idea how it didn't get the same treatment cp2077 got.

worked great on my 360, maybe you should've not bought the wrong console

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

starfield should have broken the illusion that this poo poo is still acceptable

i like the game more than most here but jeezus its flaws are massive and impossible to ignore or excuse. not just from the engine itself, but the actual design of the game displays such a bewildering refusal to learn fuckin anything about how games have changed since 2006.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

only nerds had the 360 in europe 😔

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Yup

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I'm a European Xbox 360 user and Bethesda is probably my favorite studio.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PS3 might be the worst loving console I’ve ever owned. Awful controller, server and online download architecture just pure dogshit, and tons of games somehow ran badly on it. Even with a high speed internet I remember giving up and just leaving the system on overnight to download anything.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MGS4 tho...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If MGS4 ever comes to other platforms, there won't be a need for PS3 anymore. But honestly its better to just watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DLC Inc posted:

PS3 might be the worst loving console I’ve ever owned. Awful controller, server and online download architecture just pure dogshit, and tons of games somehow ran badly on it. Even with a high speed internet I remember giving up and just leaving the system on overnight to download anything.

i have legitimately played my intellivision, 3do and tg16 individually a hell of a lot more than my ps3. hell the only game i really played on my vita was persona 4 golden and even then i am pretty sure i played it more than my ps3.

i genuinely did not then, and do not today, understand the appeal of basically any of sony's tentpole franchises, not even getting into how bad the architecture of the ps3 itself was.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of the worth while PS3 games got ported to modern consoles, or got better sequels.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

All of the worth while PS3 games got ported to modern consoles, or got better sequels.

except tokyo jungle, the Only Good PS3 Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Puppeteer was okay