Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Yes but I need it for hauling things, not as a rolling palace of comfort.

I have another car for that. And still not a good reason to ban them over bro-trucka

I agree that they are good tools, but they are not good daily drivers in the slightest and that's what people are using them for lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

they are not good daily drivers in the slightest and that's what people are using them for lol

Neither are the lifted brodozers and jeeps people insist on trying to use as minivans. They are objectively terrible daily drivers and even more so in context of other vehicles they could be driving for a lot less money, yet people want em'.
A kei truck is an honest thing that will bring death to it's driver before anyone else. I fail to see why those that want to can't go ahead and have them.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The comment about getting beat up by every pothole whilst sat over the front axle in a kei... It's not a thing in Japan because their roads are glass smooth. It's why they can drive those absolutely dragging on their arse VIP cars and only come to trouble when they have to get in or out of a meet driving over kerbs. It's the same here in the UK, the roads are awful because no one with power cares to improve anything for anyone but themselves.

Saying something sucks because it doesn't fit your exact scenario; "I need to haul a boat, carry 11 kids, do my monthly Costco shop and drive 1000 miles on my commute" is always funny to see. Nobody cares about your particular scenario, people would just like to be able to buy a cute little guy for tootling around in, maybe using for the odd job and talking about the truck with people who wonder what it is...

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

it's two kids. people buy seven seat three row suvs for two kids

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The third row is for groceries

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

And mother-in-laws.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw9gaEiQAxY

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Cactus Ghost posted:

your red text is among the best ive seen on this site

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Neither are the lifted brodozers and jeeps people insist on trying to use as minivans. They are objectively terrible daily drivers and even more so in context of other vehicles they could be driving for a lot less money, yet people want em'.
A kei truck is an honest thing that will bring death to it's driver before anyone else. I fail to see why those that want to can't go ahead and have them.

Yeah well they are all imports that recently became a thing so they are easy targets, not so much with the trucks and Jeeps. I don't care ultimately, drive what you want, some people think golf carts are a good idea on public roads too lol just make sure it can go the drat speed limit.

I lived in Japan for three years and drove a bunch of different Kei vehicles, some of the cars are good fun but the trucks and vans are not, I'd rather ride a bike for transportation at that point

Weedle
May 31, 2006

orange juche posted:

That holds true even up through the ND lol, got rear-ended in traffic and the guy nearly mounted my trunk and mushed me. gently caress brotrucks and gently caress people who don't pay attention to traffic and are instead buried nose-deep in their distraction obelisks.

Of course dude who hit me backed up and hauled rear end while I was recovering from the shock of nearly dying, and I had to spend 4 hours on the side of a very busy highway waiting for a flatbed while praying some distracted idiot didn't swerve onto the shoulder and finish the job. Still love that car and would absolutely buy another one again, only disappointment is it had <5 months of payments left when it got mushed, so I didn't even get to enjoy not having a car payment on a relatively modern vehicle.

i lost a corolla to a red runner in an old ram pickup a couple of years ago. he tried to run but his tire was shredded and when he got out of the truck he immediately told me that he had no license or insurance but he did have a lot of meth and cocaine in his truck that he would trade me in exchange for not calling the cops. i was like no thank you sir and he was like don't you do ANY drugs??

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Cactus Ghost posted:

Daughter’s friend is an only child. Her mom drives a previous-gen Tahoe.

Meanwhile a minivan and focus hatch for 3 kids works just fine. The ranger is for the dog and Lowe’s.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

KakerMix posted:

Terrible Car stuff is that I can't have a brand new Jimny which fuckin' owned driving across the spine of Japan for two weeks. :colbert:
I've read positive reviews but good to see some anecdotal praise of the Jimny. My wife and I are taking a second trip to Iceland later this year, late fall, and are renting a Jimny so we can do a little bit more stuff off the ring road. Last time we went was in August and our rental was a Chevy Spark. With the Spark I was honestly scared of some of the gravel parking areas because some of the stones looked so sharp. I really didn't want to put a donut tire on that thing.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
elon is cutting 15k Tesla employees

Big bloodletting at Tesla to start out a fresh and new terrible car stuff week

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The gently caress is going on here?

https://twitter.com/ftw_cool/status/1779228107754623084?t=ZqBX15wZcskZt6Ilgw7RMQ&s=19

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Spokane is Eastern Washington, therefore, it's just terrible in all things.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Spokane is like Bournemouth but in the high desert.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Spokane is Eastern Washington, therefore, it's just terrible in all things.

Just read how Seattle and surrounding areas are a shitshow.

So I take it the middle is ok?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Noooooooo

https://twitter.com/ass_beaters/status/1779848729752637820?t=Dd86Nvu1HD0_3oc6l3K7oQ&s=19

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Where did you read that? Seattle's lovely, it's just expensive.

The middle is mountains desert desert desert desert desert desert desert mountains Idaho.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Safety Dance posted:

Where did you read that? Seattle's lovely, it's just expensive.

The middle is mountains desert desert desert desert desert desert desert that Toys movie mountains Idaho.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah Seattle is loving great, I wouldn't recommend having a car in any metro area though if you can avoid it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

Seattle is nowhere near as bad as Eastern WA

SOURCE: Lived for 7 years outside Tacoma

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Born and raised in SW WA, can confirm

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Born and raised in Seattle. Love it here, but stay off the roads if you can avoid it.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Terrible Car Stuff: The time a couple years ago when two people decided to floor it down the street outside of my place to see how fast they could go, lost control, took out their own car and 4 others' cars in the crash that then occurred, and then simply jumped out of the car and ran away.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This is funny because the car has a compressor onboard, they just didn't want to stop periodically?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Why?? Context?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
DIY runflat?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

CarForumPoster posted:

Why?? Context?

Tow trucks are expensive, and burning out a handheld compressor is apparently cheaper than a tow

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
This is art.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Somewhat of a Porsche 959 with a CryCo Magnum front end.

edit: Actually looks like recent Mustang headlights.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"recent" I guess, that's circa 2005 Mustang

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CarForumPoster posted:

Why?? Context?

to put air in the tire

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

The Door Frame posted:

Tow trucks are expensive, and burning out a handheld compressor is apparently cheaper than a tow

I have that compressor and it is dirt cheap but the centrifugal force is gonna launch that battery right quick.

He’d be limited to idling there at walking speed. Maybe they did tho.

EDIT: I’d guess the force would be on the order of 200-300 lbs at 40mph (500rpm wheel, center of mass 9” radial) that plastic wrap is not holding 200 pounds so I kinda wonder if it’s for a joke or so that they can find a leak in the tire with soapy water rather than drive.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 16, 2024

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Data Graham posted:

When you are my age, the Magna Carta seems recent.

Enjoy it while you can.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Somewhat of a Porsche 959 with a CryCo Magnum front end.

edit: Actually looks like recent Mustang headlights.
My first thought was old beetle, "new" mustang.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Data Graham posted:

The 05 style was sold as new up until 2015, and the 2015 style hadn't been replaced until this year, so it's not much of a stretch to call a ~9 year old car a recent style when it was literally the most recent "previous generation Mustang" that could have been on the road until right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Also, old style Beetles were still being made in Mexico until at least 2003 so the halves could be somewhat close in ages.