Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Harlock posted:

Smh at the Devonta haters in this thread

Devonta would have been the #1 receiver on New England every year since 2019 by a mile lol

Granted it helps sharing the field with Hurts and AJ Brown vs Mac Jones and DeVante parker :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wow, gonna need to pop some benzos the excitement is killing me

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol Gronk

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1779895124425662481

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

$25m a year for Devonta seems like a screaming deal.

Well done by the Eagles.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

$25m a year for Devonta seems like a screaming deal.

Well done by the Eagles.

Aiyuk is going to get $30m.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gronk's schtick sucks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

Gronk's schtick sucks.
He has fun with it, people enjoy it, its harmless.... and he doesnt seem to be a racist/misogynist/wife beater/<rear end in a top hat trait> so its pretty whatever and doesnt seem worth complaining about. Let people have their fun.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Gronk's schtick sucks.

Alternatively - you’re a stick in the mud

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Gronk's schtick sucks.

He doesn't bother me much and he was an absolute legend of a player but I'm just like, who cares enough about Gronk the person to have him throw out first pitches years after he retired?

The USAA commercials are an absolute crime against humanity as well

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

spiking a baseball is objectively funny sorry

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Alternatively - you’re a stick in the mud

My brother in christ even you can't like his horrific cringe super bowl commercials lol

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

kiimo posted:

He doesn't bother me much and he was an absolute legend of a player but I'm just like, who cares enough about Gronk the person to have him throw out first pitches years after he retired?

I mean... Boston does. It's Patriots Day today and also the marathon. The Red Sox always play an early game at home. It's like an official Big Deal, it's probably tied with opening day for "importance" (for lack of a better word)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It should also be noted the greater New England area now stops selling pressure cookers a week in advance too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

My brother in christ even you can't like his horrific cringe super bowl commercials lol

“liking” is a far stretch from “actively complaining”

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I was a huge fan of the Jets uniforms around 2014 or so. I really liked that kind of neutral green color.

That being said if the metallic green isn't going away the new unis are definitely better. Especially the home jersey and alternate black jersey.

They also have a new logo

E: couldn't figure out how to post it on my phone

https://images.app.goo.gl/YzBf6H5FY3nXDDFx9

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Rogue Elephant posted:

I mean... Boston does. It's Patriots Day today and also the marathon. The Red Sox always play an early game at home. It's like an official Big Deal, it's probably tied with opening day for "importance" (for lack of a better word)

yeah are you really asking if people in Boston enjoy seeing Gronk make appearances lol. What do you think the reception would be for Mahomes at a Royals game 5 years after he retires

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

The Jets have never had a bad uniform, like the worst is maybe their early years when the NY JETS logo was mostly white instead of green, but they figured that out quickly and it's been good ever since.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rogue Elephant posted:

In Seth Rogen voice: Well I didn't know all that so I'm sorry!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

and he doesnt seem to be a racist/misogynist/wife beater/<rear end in a top hat trait>

“Former Patriot” is rear end in a top hat trait

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

OneMoreTime posted:

The Jets have never had a bad uniform, like the worst is maybe their early years when the NY JETS logo was mostly white instead of green, but they figured that out quickly and it's been good ever since.
Nah, the most recent design before today's release actively sucked, and I know some fans like them, but I've always hated the old New York Titans throwbacks.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

mcmagic posted:

I know Gronk hurt you for years with his buddy Tom, but you have to let go to heal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nervous posted:

I know Gronk hurt you for years with his buddy Tom, but you have to let go to heal.

It's not a Jets specific thing. I refuse to believe that there is anyone who enjoys seeing ex patriots every time you turn on literally any NFL broadcast.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

There's 2430 MLB games a year just in the regular season, it's not like its a highly restricted honor to throw a first pitch.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Nah, the most recent design before today's release actively sucked, and I know some fans like them, but I've always hated the old New York Titans throwbacks.

I think these are great.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

mcmagic posted:

It's not a Jets specific thing. I refuse to believe that there is anyone who enjoys seeing ex patriots every time you turn on literally any NFL broadcast.

gronk is fun

brady should do a jd salinger impression

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Chiefs know a lot about causing brain injuries

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1779948208283656283?s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Jet brain got you bad

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Diva Cupcake posted:

I didn't really count the Titans throwbacks but oh yeah those Jets uniforms sucked, I have no idea how I forgot about them (probably because they're bad but in such an unmemorable way)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I've despised Gronk from the moment I saw him slam his elbow into the back of a prone Tre White's head.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The only thing I like about Gronk is a story that I heard probably from someone here about a friend that didn't follow football but saw him in some Dunkin Donuts promotional campaign. Said friend just assumed Dunkin Donuts invented a human being mascot named "Gronk" to hawk their Coolattas.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fsif posted:

The only thing I like about Gronk is a story that I heard probably from someone here about a friend that didn't follow football but saw him in some Dunkin Donuts promotional campaign. Said friend just assumed Dunkin Donuts invented a human being mascot named "Gronk" to hawk their Coolattas.

I'm catching up on my Blank Check episodes and today's is on Heat, so that means y'all have to see Al Pacino s finest acting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLuQQH1OHA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/Grosdoriane/status/1235359816236838912

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fartknocker posted:

“Former Patriot” is rear end in a top hat trait
:hmmyes:

Play posted:

I've despised Gronk from the moment I saw him slam his elbow into the back of a prone Tre White's head.
gently caress I forgot about that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Play posted:

That was pretty fuckin bad

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

:hmmyes:

gently caress I forgot about that

Yeah me too. The meathead schtick is whatever but that was a real POS move.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Whatever elbow injury neccessitated that giant elbow brace never stopped him from putting it into a dude.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Play posted:

Yup

gently caress that dude

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Being upset that Gronk was on your TV for 30 seconds because he did a joke first pitch at a baseball game is weird. It was funny.

That being said, I have a friend who used to work at a semi-fancy restaurant on Newbury St who said Gronk was an entitled dickhead. So that's my Gronk story

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Even as a Patriots fan, the elbow to the head made me not like him. lovely move to pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I did forget about that elbow to the back. AFCE has some dirty rear end players over the years lol between Gronk elbowing dudes in the back, Mac Jones kicking guys in the dick, and Wilkins apparently grabbing any part of Allens genitals in pileups