Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

AKZ posted:

Yo my cat barricaded himself in the bathroom. He closes doors behind himself and then he pulled a drawer open across where the door opens effectively creating am extra large deadbolt out of cabinetry.

sounds like we gotta get the team together for one last job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

*pulls himself away from a high end grout job....

poo poo

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

*pulls himself away from a high end gout job....

poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I went legal, dog!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

AKZ posted:

Yo my cat barricaded himself in the bathroom. He closes doors behind himself and then he pulled a drawer open across where the door opens effectively creating am extra large deadbolt out of cabinetry.

so uh, what did you have to do? just mark that bathroom and cat down as a loss?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

oh I just moved

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

I went legal, dog!

A legal beagle, eh?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Mood this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lB2GngItyU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

A legal beagle, eh?

No, just describing my grout business of the last 7 years since our last heist if you'd paid any attention, I guess not...

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
hello fam where is my w2

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

hello fam where is my w2

lol

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

holy hell those taxes were a giant pain in the loving rear end but I did it :toot:

now I want to lay down and die

my head hurts

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Ruby Gloom posted:

One last job?

P'shaw

I heard that before.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

i found it redshirt don't mock me

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

lol my state refund was $3

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I told em to send me a check because I didn't even want to bother filling out the thing for direct depositing $3 :lmao:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
detroit owes me $31 but i never actually file with them, keep it ya chumps

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

One last job?

P'shaw

I heard that before.

TIP posted:

holy hell those taxes were a giant pain in the loving rear end but I did it :toot:

now I want to lay down and die

my head hurts

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fuckin turbo tax muther fuckers.

Every year I wonder if this year is THE YEAR for Jihad.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Fuckin turbo tax muther fuckers.

Every year I wonder if this year is THE YEAR for Jihad.

they didnt press the premium version nearly as hard as in years past so small improvements

also trump tax cuts plus my wage plus my employer scheduling our taxes to maximize $$$ in paycheck = poo poo federal refund. oh well

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

they didnt press the premium version nearly as hard as in years past so small improvements

also trump tax cuts plus my wage plus my employer scheduling our taxes to maximize $$$ in paycheck = poo poo federal refund. oh well

I just agreed to give them all my secrets, and then I X'd out in disgust since I have 2 more days....

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Whatcha listening to 5k Thread? Just threw on Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante. It's a classic imo

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

AKZ posted:

What resources do you have on your side of the barricade that he would consider bargaining for?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Whatcha listening to 5k Thread? Just threw on Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante. It's a classic imo

mix from peter croce, its very latin salsa themed and it kinda rules. some disco too

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I'll be honest the bathroom is solid real estate and mostly what I have out here is juat wishful thinking

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Is the cat taking advantage of this situation to go through your pills and such?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

TIP posted:

it makes me angry to know that most countries make taxes way easier and we only have this lovely system thanks to lobbying by tax prep companies

I did mine entirely manually for the first time in maybe 40-years. I apparently owed a boatload of money.

Came up the same no matter what.

Took the standard deduction because I really have nothing left to deduct, either the IRS moved it off the table or it's not a thing.

Still possible I made an error, but am not expecting the Tax Fairy to correct it.

Figuring out taxes while living abroad is such a nightmare I hire a guy.

Old friend of mine had dual citizenship (US/Swiss). She lives in a suburb of Zurich. She gave up her US citizenship a few years back because of the complexity of the US tax code & finding a Swiss accountant who wasn't puzzled by why a citizen has to file when the government has obviously already done it? Plus she was paying $12K in US taxes, which was more than it cost for her to fly to Florida to visit family.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

I did mine entirely manually for the first time in maybe 40-years. I apparently owed a boatload of money.

Came up the same no matter what.

Took the standard deduction because I really have nothing left to deduct, either the IRS moved it off the table or it's not a thing.

Still possible I made an error, but am not expecting the Tax Fairy to correct it.

Old friend of mine had dual citizenship (US/Swiss). She lives in a suburb of Zurich. She gave up her US citizenship a few years back because of the complexity of the US tax code & finding a Swiss accountant who wasn't puzzled by why a citizen has to file when the government has obviously already done it? Plus she was paying $12K in US taxes, which was more than it cost for her to fly to Florida to visit family.

My pay will never be good enough to cause that kind of issue, but yeah. I think about it sometimes.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

gently caress. Just realized I forgot the kilo of crystal malt in the pale ale.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I did my turbo taxes in 1 hour and 7 minutes and it promptly got rejected 14 minutes later. Life moves fast.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the first time i ever did ketamine i went to use the bathroom at my friends and felt like i was stuck in a tactical rpg and could only move a few squares of tile at a time and it took me like twenty minutes to get out of the bathroom and all my friends were like holy poo poo are you okay

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

gently caress. Just realized I forgot the kilo of crystal malt in the pale ale.

I realized I don't care all that much.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I don't think I'll ever get over craft beer nerds calling lagers "crispy bois".

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I don't think I'll ever get over craft beer nerds calling lagers "crispy bois".

I have never heard this but lol

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TIP posted:

I have never heard this but lol

It's probably a very online thing TBF but craft beer influencer types were using it a lot a while ago. I still see it every so often. It makes me want to die every time.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

sometimes me and my friends play co-op VR games and roleplay and make up our own dumb lore

there's a game called after the fall that's a snowy zombie apocalypse and when we first encountered zombies one of my friends was like "what are these things called!?" and I immediately answered "cold boys"

so every time we played it was constantly "COLD BOYS ON YOUR 6!" and what not lol

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TIP posted:

sometimes me and my friends play co-op VR games and roleplay and make up our own dumb lore

there's a game called after the fall that's a snowy zombie apocalypse and when we first encountered zombies one of my friends was like "what are these things called!?" and I immediately answered "cold boys"

so every time we played it was constantly "COLD BOYS ON YOUR 6!" and what not lol

That makes sense. The crispy bois thing just reminds me of the Stewart Lee bit about Russell Brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwWUb5hyFmQ

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

TIP posted:

do you also vr roleplay cuddling up for warmth??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

good morning 5k pals have a Tuesday :glomp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o96rzZ9oJrs