Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Check out That's Not My Neighbor if you like the idea of Papers, Please crossed with body horror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it was a really good delivery of the line

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

gamer (pejorative)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Fuckt Tupp posted:

gamer (pejorative)

correct

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Some of my best friends are gamers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Some of my best friends are gamers

you've been posting on cspam for how long and you still think you can change the system from the inside?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm not unrealistic in my expectations but I bet even Goggins would enjoy a game of Bomberman or Road Rash

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Maybe a Mr. Driller if he's the cerebral type

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
no viet cong ever called me a gamer

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Surely there's some good vietnamese videogames out there.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe a Mr. Driller if he's the cerebral type

Goggins could play Mr. Driller's dad in the adaptation.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
walter goggins is........................ good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
sitting goggings down and putting a dreamcast controller in his hand and turning on crazy taxi

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
todd coward

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

walter goggins is........................ good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

In Fallout lore are any of the vaults a "Gamer Vault" filled with Gamers?

I bet it'd be the strongest and most badass vault. Everyone would be like "oh gently caress...I heard this fella is from Vault G..."

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Ytlaya posted:

In Fallout lore are any of the vaults a "Gamer Vault" filled with Gamers?

I bet it'd be the strongest and most badass vault. Everyone would be like "oh gently caress...I heard this fella is from Vault G..."

vaultgate

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

they'd need a momvault just to take care of them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
BlamCo Tendies

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sitting goggings down and putting a dreamcast controller in his hand and turning on crazy taxi

"Weeellll, hot-drat son! You tellin' me I put a little finger action on this here geegaw you done handed me, and in turn this mother-fuckin' cracked out taxi is gonna tear rear end around this tv-town? poo poo, maybe I done missed out on something here, with these viddy games. Alright, leave me be and I'll take a turn."

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Al! posted:

BlamCo Tendies

the YumYum brand Deviled Eggs seem to fill a similar niche without being quite as on the nose

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

one of y8's minigames is one big homage to crazy taxi reframed as a food delivery gig service on bicycles. the owner is p much a clean cut version of axel

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

they'd need a momvault just to take care of them

requesting a transfer to the momvault

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

apparently caelid from elden ring is also in crosscode

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Shear Modulus posted:

less gross poison, more existential dread

otherwise yeah, pretty much

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

smelldivers

fartnight

crosschode

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

Chained Echoes has a Caelid too (ash instead of poison)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ideally every rpg should have caelid

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

gotta whoa fast

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

"yeah, I'm thinking I'm black."

lmoa

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BioDeclassified/status/1778316475457008001

hell yeah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
just unlocked Automagic Tomes in Orb of Creation so I'm finally gaining passive Thaumaturgy.

there's so much depth to this loving thing because it's like, you can bank your resources first, then cast spells that buff your crafting before blowing all the Wood and Knowledge and Skill to maximize the amount of Paper and Thaumic Scrolls you're getting

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In my previous playthrough I dabbled with charging spells and pumping my points and artifacts into SPACE MAGIC, utilizing meter overflow to achieve my goals towards Dragon Magic.

This run I'm focusing more on passive generation and cost reducing conceptualization.I put about 800 minutes into current Orb since thread started talking about it. I've hit a plateau where I'm just making my existing numbers go up while kinda ignoring everything past Alchemy and Organic Matter. I've got a bunch of orb points and I need to commit to one direction or the other for the next lil bit.

The game starts so very very small with one number that goes up. Then it branches out to so many different bars and meters. The math is complex, but largely intuitive and if you ever want to increase one thing the path is very straightforward.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The gameplay loop in Orb of Creation is

1) You discover a new resource. It takes effort to make, and you only get a tiny amount of it.
2) You figure out a thing you can do with the new resource and become incentivized to get more of it.
3) Your character figures out a whole bunch of cool poo poo to do with the resource and you start pumping up your active creation methods and cap for it so you can do the cool poo poo (possibly including passive generation of a previous resource)
4) You figure out how to generate the resource passively, but doing so pushes a previous resource into the red and you have to manage that
5) All your rates are in the green but you need more of the latest resource to do the really cool poo poo so you need to pump its rate and cap (possibly needing to pump the rate and cap of previous resources in the process)
6) You finally discover a new resource and start over

Step 3 is the best part IMO

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My goal is to keep all of my rates in the black, even if only slightly, so that if I tab out and leave the game running I know I'll come back to it with full bars instead of empty ones

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

:orb:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

playing orb of creation reminds me of that one guy that played final fantasy 7 and max leveled cloud or whatever in the first area and made a post about how meaningless everything is

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My current project is to get everything on the Wizarding tab to level 69. Which is hard because mana constraints really want you to have greater than level 69 Wisdom in order to get level 69 infusion.

But if I Contemplate Magic for long enough, and I push my Energetic and Magic storage multipliers up high enough, then I think I can do it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

I dabbled with charging spells and pumping my points and artifacts into SPACE MAGIC, utilizing meter overflow to achieve my goals towards Dragon Magic.

I'm focusing more on passive generation and cost reducing conceptualization.

KirbyKhan posted:

I Contemplate Magic for long enough, and I push my Energetic and Magic storage multipliers up high enough, then I think I can do it.

witchcraft thread ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

My goal is to keep all of my rates in the black, even if only slightly, so that if I tab out and leave the game running I know I'll come back to it with full bars instead of empty ones

After the first 2 hours, this game is such a good Dad Distraction game. If you ever need to get up to tend to something then you can just get up, the numbers will keep going however you set them and when you come back all your meters are full so you can just press buttons with wild abandon.