Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

kingcobweb posted:

I have league pass and a lot of the games I watch it’s after they’re over. Skipping commercials/halftime/free throws, the games zoom by

Yeah this is the way. Also if your team poo poo the bed you don’t have to waste your time watching the game - that’s when you hit the gym instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

kingcobweb posted:

I have league pass and a lot of the games I watch it’s after they’re over. Skipping commercials/halftime/free throws, the games zoom by

I am weirdly allergic to this. I don't like replays

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

That works. Maybe the rare instance where this isn’t a curse.

Oh come on, when has a 57 win team had a Coach of the Year and lost in the first round?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Remembering the season this was again

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1735382824469844174?s=19

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

Chet Holmgren finishes the season playing all 82 games

The top/bottom of GmSc for rookies this year:

code:
GmSc	Player
1309.5	Victor Wembanyama
1231.3	Chet Holmgren
 830.1	Brandon Miller
 693.3	Jaime Jaquez Jr.
 661.3	Brandin Podziemski
 635.7	Keyonte George
 610.0	Amen Thompson
 581.3	Trayce Jackson-Davis
 539.9	Dereck Lively II
 505.1	Ausar Thompson

1.5	Filip Petrušev
   1.3	Adam Flagler
   0.3	Isaiah Wong
   0.0	Malcolm Cazalon
  -0.7	Jalen Crutcher
  -0.7	Dmytro Skapintsev
  -1.1	Andrew Funk
  -1.5	Pete Nance
  -2.5	Kaiser Gates
  -5.6	Maxwell Lewis

Rick posted:

He had a career high for assists in a half tonight. Dude is unreal.

He's now the inaugural member of the 40K/11K/11K club.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1779002558842892658

Paul Zuvella posted:

I simply would just stop reading Reddit and YouTube comments but maybe that’s just me

My favorite Yahoo comment from this year came after LeBron's 9for10 3P game. "LeBron James is a stat padder!!!"

Porfiriato posted:

Also my hot take in the survey was along the lines of "Warriors make the playoffs after back to back miracle wins as the 10th seed" which I didn't really believe at the time, but uh

If that holds true it'll be one of the better hot takes from any year.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Zogo posted:

The top/bottom of GmSc for rookies this year:

code:
GmSc	Player
1309.5	Victor Wembanyama
1231.3	Chet Holmgren
 830.1	Brandon Miller
 693.3	Jaime Jaquez Jr.
 661.3	Brandin Podziemski
 635.7	Keyonte George
 610.0	Amen Thompson
 581.3	Trayce Jackson-Davis
 539.9	Dereck Lively II
 505.1	Ausar Thompson

1.5	Filip Petrušev
   1.3	Adam Flagler
   0.3	Isaiah Wong
   0.0	Malcolm Cazalon
  -0.7	Jalen Crutcher
  -0.7	Dmytro Skapintsev
  -1.1	Andrew Funk
  -1.5	Pete Nance
  -2.5	Kaiser Gates
  -5.6	Maxwell Lewis
He's now the inaugural member of the 40K/11K/11K club.

Scoot not being on this list is a minor victory for him lol

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Nate Robinson: 'I know that I don't have long if I can't get a kidney'
https://sports.yahoo.com/former-nba-player-nate-robinson-i-know-that-i-dont-have-long-if-i-cant-get-a-kidney-180438905.html

Manstrocity posted:

Is this because they didn't track blocks for Wilt or what? I refuse to believe he never did this.

You can be 100% sure that both Wilt and Bill Russell did it a bunch of seasons. Nate Thurmond and Elvin Hayes could have done it as well.

Papercut posted:

I'm hoping for a couple 1v8 upsets and then we're good.

OKC is the second youngest team in the league. That may not bode well for their #1 seeding.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/highkin/status/1779956774315192666

Rip

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Expected, because the absentee owners don't wanna pay multiple coaches during a tank job

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

kingcobweb posted:

My method is to not start the game until at least 30 minutes after tip off (and avoid any spoilers). That way I can skip commercials and halftime plus any time I need to pause along the way means more commercials skipped in the second half. Then if there is ever a point when there is a 20+ pt difference, skip 30s until there isn't anymore (or eventually give up on the game once there is only a couple minutes left). Watched every Kings game this season that way and it saved a bunch of time and I never missed anything important.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

This was my very first thought lol

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

If Luka Is Da POint GUard Den WE cant HAve ANOTHAR POINT GUARD-- vintage 2005 something awful typing In I'm a Stupid Guy style.
You won't get that from anyone but forum veterans

Never forget that the Blazers could've had Clyde Drexler AND Michael Jordan simultaneously. 60+ PPG from your backcourt on a nightly basis. :wow:

Harlock posted:

What exactly was Doc supposed to accomplish that the other, bad guy couldn't?

Veteran leadership, a ring, a doctoral dissertation and a distinctive voice.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the grim satisfaction of looking at the score of the bulls game not having seen a second of it and knowing it was the absolute dumbest basketball game currently allowed to be played in the united states

The play-in has arrived. It's Diar DeRozan time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsi4FuHipoQ&t=7s

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
NBA PLAYOFF/PLAY-IN PREDICTION GAME

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058634

You got a bit more than 24 hours to get the play-in guesses in!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

toggle posted:

Did everyone enjoy this regular season? I can’t believe its playoff time already :gonk:

It went by very fast. Time flies when you're having fun. And also when you're not. :dimetrodon:

Lifespan posted:

Welp, the regular season is over and I expect the Kings to find a way to lose to the Warriors on Tuesday, so I'm going to take this chance to complain one last time that Sabonis didn't get an All Star invite. Led the league in RPG (13.7), DD (77 in 82 games, second longest streak of all time behind Wilt), and TD (26), while also putting up 19.4 PPG and 8.2 APG. That was loving stupid. Complaint over.

It was very impressive. The last time someone reached 77 double-doubles in a season was Moses Malone in 1979.

Also, Walt Bellamy had a streak of 112 in the early 1960s.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Papercut posted:

leftist heap posted:

This was my very first thought lol

He avoided the GmSc list but he could not avoid being in the bottom ten of NP this year:

code:
NP	Player
508.92	Giannis Antetokounmpo
481.44	Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
481.28	Nikola Jokic
450.48	Luka Doncic
409.88	Kevin Durant
375.24	LeBron James
368.44	Stephen Curry
365.96	Anthony Davis
345.32	Jalen Brunson
342.40	Domantas Sabonis

-16.96	Justin Minaya
-17.00	Xavier Tillman Sr.
-17.00	Rayan Rupert
-17.60	Théo Maledon
-18.52	Cody Martin
-18.76	Scoot Henderson
-19.80	Jalen Hood-Schifino
-20.76	Ish Smith
-36.28	Jalen McDaniels
-39.96	Jordan Goodwin
Giannis had a special season from 2P range. In an average game he went 11/17 for a total of 361 2NP. Only 1967 Wilt has more than that. :lolrudy:

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 15, 2024

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i love Nikola Jokić

lame I wanted the broken code

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Papercut posted:

Same but with Dick. Dude was bad, 1-11 bad, in the G league for a while lol

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Mean Baby posted:

I don’t think Wemby is going to want to spend the first 4-5 years of his career with inexperienced players. LeBron was in the finals by year 4.

I'd wait to see what he does next year. By LBJs sophomore season he was already playing like an MVP candidate. Victor W. isn't close to that yet.

I do agree that Victor W. could be a generational player like LBJ. But LBJ could be a centurial player. While impressive I believe the comparisons to LBJ are still very premature.

verbal enema posted:

i love Nikola Jokić

lame I wanted the broken code

It only does it in [code] AFAIK.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rondo is coming back from retirement now that he learns this was an option

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

“They used to tell me that we’re going to have to check your blood pressure and if your blood pressure is too high, you can’t play in the game. I used to tell them, ‘Don’t check my blood pressure because I am playing regardless of what you say,’” said Robinson. “I thought I was young and invincible. I didn’t know it was going to catch up to me.”

:smith:

get well soon, nate

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

Zogo posted:

He avoided the GmSc list but he could not avoid being in the bottom ten of NP this year:

code:
NP	Player
508.92	Giannis Antetokounmpo
481.44	Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
481.28	Nikola Jokic
450.48	Luka Doncic
409.88	Kevin Durant
375.24	LeBron James
368.44	Stephen Curry
365.96	Anthony Davis
345.32	Jalen Brunson
342.40	Domantas Sabonis

-16.96	Justin Minaya
-17.00	Xavier Tillman Sr.
-17.00	Rayan Rupert
-17.60	Théo Maledon
-18.52	Cody Martin
-18.76	Scoot Henderson
-19.80	Jalen Hood-Schifino
-20.76	Ish Smith
-36.28	Jalen McDaniels
-39.96	Jordan Goodwin
Giannis had a special season from 2P range. In an average game he went 11/17 for a total of 361 2NP. Only 1967 Wilt has more than that. :lolrudy:

Jalen McDaniels seemed like such a solid, boring signing. Impressive that he managed to be in the conversation for LVP

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1780009815676498144?s=46

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Troy Weaver got fired and no one seems to care

Oh wait I guess he’s not fired but will have a new boss????

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

They really liked Paolo last summer, right? Maybe one too many guards if you bring Brunson.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/sexwithuruncle/status/1779588244973199458

https://x.com/bgnhoops/status/1779991492821729448

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

toggle posted:

Did everyone enjoy this regular season? I can’t believe its playoff time already :gonk:

No. This season sucked rear end.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1780051770116387144

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m not sure how many basketball organizations I could legitimately, seriously, no bullshit run better but it’s at least Detroit and Washington.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

NickRoweFillea posted:

No. This season sucked rear end.

Obviously a great playoff can change it but this is a bottom 10 season for me. The shifting of the vast majority of games to be a half hour earlier and just in general lots of nights where there weren't any games after 8:00 pacific because of quirks in scheduling or ABC trying to use basketball to cover for its loss of programming due to the strike just sucked. And TNT and ABC taking all the Lakers games they were allowed to take by rule, plus getting to have the IST games as well just subjected me to some awful, awful, awful broadcasting almost half the season, some of the worst ever (and I can't even rely on Lakers audio being a better alternative because John Ireland Has Depression and takes it out on us the listeners more than ever) It's actually one of the most entertaining Lakers teams in the LeBron era to watch but so much of it being forced into the worst ways to watch it really sucked. Throw in all the constant constant gambling ads and Adam Silver just constantly insulting my intelligence with the stupidest promotional tactics ever and basically I hated everything except the basketball.

It was a really good season for the on court product, so that's why I'm saying bottom 10 instead of bottom 5 but everything around the sport I wish I didn't see.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I just.......what?!? :psyduck:

Why would you keep this staff together? In what way have they shown they have a plan and can acquire and develop a cohesive roster? Does Tom Gores have a humiliation fetish?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ozymandius1024 posted:

I just.......what?!? :psyduck:

Why would you keep this staff together? In what way have they shown they have a plan and can acquire and develop a cohesive roster? Does Tom Gores have a humiliation fetish?

I mean it's more than likely they are hiring a head of basketball operations, and that dude will decide if he wants to keep the people below him.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I don’t know how public this was up until recently. But apparently the thing that swung Monty into taking the job was that Tom gores added the sweetener of giving him an entirely separate side deal to cover his wife’s medical expenses in addition to already paying him the most money in the NBA. I’m sure he’s an rear end in a top hat or whatever but it gave me a little respect for the guy

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I didn't know Monty remarried - I just remember his wife passing away in 2015 or 2016.

E: oof, his current wife has breast cancer? Makes that Pistons offer even more lucrative.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Why

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

need someone to take care of the day-to-day until a new personnel decision maker is found and hired

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

need someone to take care of the day-to-day until a new personnel decision maker is found and hired

Oh man I hope so. Weaver has lost every trade he's been a part of and the player development has been dreadful. Just nepo poo poo, wasting 2 ways on jim boeheims kid cause they're close. Not the way you run a real franchise. I wish gores would have used his cash to pay Presti 20m a year

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Apparently today I learned DeAndre Ayton slept on an air mattress for like 2 months this season instead of buying a bed

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tae posted:

Apparently today I learned DeAndre Ayton slept on an air mattress for like 2 months this season instead of buying a bed

deflayton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I can’t imagine what trying to sleep on an air mattress as a giant person would be like. It’s terrible for a normal human.