Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

i would definitely listen to musk try to explain Falling Down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i would like musk to fall down some stairs have a brain injury and be the rare example of not becoming regressive after a head injury

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

bagmonkey posted:

lol, a bunch of DJs i know were debating this and it was universally landed on that she's a loving clown and has no clue what she's doing, nor did whoever she outsourced it to. just a clown show up and down shockingly

yes, this is certainly what actually happened

but seriously, dj software made this poo poo so goddamn easy compared to the vinyl days. any moron can do a set these days with minimal training

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

PhazonLink posted:

i would like musk to fall down some stairs have a brain injury and be the rare example of not becoming regressive after a head injury

is that what the movie is about?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

lmfao

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Sir Tonk posted:

yes, this is certainly what actually happened

but seriously, dj software made this poo poo so goddamn easy compared to the vinyl days. any moron can do a set these days with minimal training

i dj vinyl because i'm a moron who loves to gently caress up but i've used rekordbox once and even i can tell what happened here, she must've just assembled her set the night before or maybe even right before the show and didn't test anything. her whole thing is "whatever i'm smart i can do this on the fly". tbh I kinda did this my first set, I tested a bunch of things but didn't really "practice" and wound up messing up a few times. but it was a bar with like 20 people in it not loving Coachella

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I don't know nothing about nothing. But what math is she loving up that makes her screech?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PoPcornTG posted:

I don't know nothing about nothing. But what math is she loving up that makes her screech?

Yokononism

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Willatron posted:

I find it hilarious that so many chuds idolize this character. I only saw the movie for the first time a couple of years ago and he just comes off as the unstable entitled rear end in a top hat he clearly is and not at all this hard done by anti hero who was done taking society's poo poo or whatever.

Duvall's character summarized it perfectly:

"They lie to everybody! They lie to the fish! That doesn't give you any right to do what you did today!"

Chuds don't understand that sentence is literally the message of the film. When Foster goes home and watches a home video where he's an unhinged rear end in a top hat even in his private life, it shows all his bellyaching is him avoiding responsibility and being angry at the world. A nazi agrees with him, and instead of a moment of reflection at his behavior, D-FENS doubles down.

Meanwhile, throughout the film Prendergast suffers very similar situations to Foster and handles it with grace and maturity.

The Fallout tv show is going to be another one of those shows where they completely miss the message. The slapstick hides the fact it's going both barrels at capitalism.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 16, 2024

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

PoPcornTG posted:

it sounded like she accidentally made one of the tracks go in double time and had to manually divide the BPM by half, or something like that

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Sir Tonk posted:

electrek isnt as fanboyish as i remember

Fred Lambert (Electrek main person) got pissed off at Musk about some stuff that went wrong on his Model 3 or something about referrals and stopped being a bazinga. The site is nowhere near as poo poo as it used to be which aint saying much. Def don't read it for e-Bike reviews

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Chuds don't understand that sentence is literally the message of the film. When Foster goes home and watches a home video where he's an unhinged rear end in a top hat even in his private life, it shows all his bellyaching is him avoiding responsibility and being angry at the world. A nazi agrees with him, and instead of a moment of reflection at his behavior, D-FENS doubles down.

Meanwhile, throughout the film Prendergast suffers very similar situations to Foster and handles it with grace and maturity.
i feel like the breakfast scene is one of the best in the movie. like, people always latch on to how it's "stupid" there's an arbitrary time where fast food stops serving breakfast, or how it's such a big issue that food doesn't look like the photos - but in the movie none of that stuff is important to him. he pulls a gun because he's being told no. when they agree to give him breakfast he turns and looks at all the scared patrons and immediately changes his order to lunch. he makes the manager serve him to feel powerful and in control, and he complains about the food solely because he's looking for someone to agree with him so that he doesn't feel bad about what he's done - several times he tries to be friends or get the patrons on his side not because he has valid complaints about advertising but because if someone agrees with him then it would validate what he's done.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

PoPcornTG posted:

Multiplying and dividing by 2

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

kdrudy posted:

Multiplying and dividing by 2

Is it possible to learn this power?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I think even if they understand they simply don’t agree with it. They’d say the fact that things are hosed up does give you the right to act out, break poo poo, whatever.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

JAMOOOL posted:

i dj vinyl because i'm a moron who loves to gently caress up but i've used rekordbox once and even i can tell what happened here, she must've just assembled her set the night before or maybe even right before the show and didn't test anything. her whole thing is "whatever i'm smart i can do this on the fly". tbh I kinda did this my first set, I tested a bunch of things but didn't really "practice" and wound up messing up a few times. but it was a bar with like 20 people in it not loving Coachella

bingo, and because she plays a bunch of music with a bunch of very widely varying bpms, rekordbox if i remember right doubled the speed on some songs to make it match the bpm band and because she's a clown who didn't practice before COACHELLA, she didnt notice this. i'm not a dj myself but i trust what they said :shrug:

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

I don't know anything about DJing but can't you just pre-record a set and literally press play without further intervention?

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Incest happens on X, the everything app

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

John Mirra posted:

I don't know anything about DJing but can't you just pre-record a set and literally press play without further intervention?

Absolutely and yes plenty of them do just that. Especially for massive shows like Coachella where you don’t want to gently caress up in front of thousands of people

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

John Mirra posted:

I was under the impression a lot of them pre-record everything including transitions and then just have a bunch of unplugged boards with knobs and doodads so they can look busy.

I'm only impressed with actual turntablism and I've never seen anyone do that IRL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVRTdRnQiQ&t=1886s

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Competent DJs can do it for real and still fiddle unnecessarily with knobs because otherwise it looks really boring.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Aren’t you supposed to react to the crowd and adjust what you’re playing based on their mood and reaction?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Lone Badger posted:

Aren’t you supposed to react to the crowd and adjust what you’re playing based on their mood and reaction?

That's party DJing, not pop.music concerts.

She could have paid someone hyper competent $500 to prep the set, be on stage, make this not be a problem and not be something to worry about while performing.

This is peak Musk brain, hoarding every last cent because she thinks she's a genius polymath.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

The Aristocrats!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
i miss fahrenheit vs celsius

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

i miss fahrenheit vs celsius

The Musk and Grimes show is more fat'n'white vs senseless

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reuters.com/legal/transactional/x-tells-brazils-top-court-it-will-continue-comply-with-rulings-2024-04-15/'

Elon is backtracking and will now comply with the Brazil court's ruling.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He was always going to, thats the funniest part.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

What about my free speech to stage a coup, you promised, Elon! :qq:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
D-FENS: [in disbelief] "I'm the bad guy?"
Musk: [laughs Boerishly] "You tell that pussy cop, mun! Go on, shoot him!"

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

well, I hope dogebootlicker has prepared that meme with dog nutsack

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol it looks like Elmo took a screenshot of his own mug in a photo editor instead of just using the original jpeg for the profile pic

(someone noticed this on reddit)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Lol, he has at least four loving marketing teams.

Although who knows maybe he just fired all of teslas. And possible twitters. ...I'm sure he owns at least one company that has a marketing team left.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Lmao owned

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

mobby_6kl posted:

lol it looks like Elmo took a screenshot of his own mug in a photo editor instead of just using the original jpeg for the profile pic

Auto is German for car, as any genius polyglot like Musk would know.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

gschmidl posted:

Auto is German for car, as any genius polyglot like Musk would know.

Muskswagen. Das Auto.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Dwesa posted:

Muskswagen. Das Auto.

Boss Auto: Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Boer

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
lol that his header is that blinding eyesore that got taken down almost immediately after it went up

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s so funny that a Senate committee said “the gently caress are you doing in Brazil” and he immediately folded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Didn't see it mentioned, but there was a small update on the Ben Brody v Musk lawsuit yesterday

In lawyerese, a partner from Alex Spiro's firm, who has a real license to practice in Texas, basically told the court "just pretend Spiro's signature on a previous document is mine, no biggie ez" which is not how any of that works