Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Kitfox88 posted:

It's been what, nearly 4 years since the UN embargo on the country w/r/t poo poo like weaponry ended, right? But I don't believe they've done anything like approach China or Russia for new planes. Maybe they're cooking up their own homegrown stuff like a lot of other previously beholden nations were and just not trumpeting it everywhere? :iiam:

They're getting SU-35s, probably in exchange for drones. It's a 4.5 generation air superiority fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

iirc his actual name is Shlomo Vile so they didn’t have much choice on the Vile part

knowing this does not stop me from remembering Vile Shlomo and laughing at least a few times a week

Yeah, just looked it up. In the Western world I've more often seen the surname spelled "Weill" or something similar, but it's pronounced the same - see composer Kurt Weill.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neurolimal posted:

If you make aliyah to Israel I guess you're expected to take on the worst name that immediately comes to mind

I'm interested in if there's any serious cultural/historical origin behind the goofier chosen names or if its as simple as an American who owns 3 houses in Kansas choosing the name Swanson Fergalicious

E:

Believing in nominative determinism but only in the case that naming your jewish son Gogo Slomo makes them 100% more likely to immigrate to Israel

Gogo Slomo sounds like a JoJo.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
its true, when i did aalya the israelis gave me the most honorific name they have:- "Assfuck McCuck".

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
& here this whole time I shrugged, lolled, & thought "huh must be like vilé <-> village type of etymology, unfortunate in English" also 100% believed it was the dude's unedited first name lol

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

did israel counter attack yet?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

go play outside Skyler posted:

they're waiting until some unspecified time in the future

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

they will respond at the appropiate time and place.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

zetamind2000 posted:

they're waiting until some unspecified time in the future

What are you talking about, they are always very specific about when they're going to do something. They wait for the absolute worst time (for them specifically) then do it in the worst way. It's an extremely reliable system.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

i keep thinking about this

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there's one band who won't let the terrorists win. isael's number 5 favorite r'n'b act, eli and this palestinian families home, will be playing at the tel aviv ramada inn all week. performing all their hit songs including baby I'm going to do you like a war crime, baby I'm committed to you like I committed genocide, and sexual ethnic cleansing

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:bisonyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

go get 'em chaim we're all very proud of u

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it's going about as well as the Ukrainian counterattack

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the coauthors name is Daniel Boguslaw lmao. that's a fantastic name

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lets check in on the defences of silicon valley sparta

=======

Haaretz: Sensitive data breach in Israel

Haaretz newspaper:

International hackers have created a website to post leaks they obtained from hacking sensitive data in Israel.

The hackers posted thousands of documents they said they had obtained after hacking Defense Department systems.

The hackers managed to hack into systems linked to Israel’s Justice Ministry and Dimona’s nuclear research facility.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31601;&%231610;

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

they need to complete operation iron cross first

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CannyExecutive/status/1780147467146924159

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israel crying that hamas knows theyre winning

====

Israeli source: The longer the conflict, the harder Hamas becomes

CNN, an Israeli source familiar with the negotiations:

Hamas believes it is winning because its definition of success is survival and has achieved it so far.

The longer the conflict, the more harder Hamas becomes, not the other way around.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31601;&%231610;

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
Looks like both Irani/Iraqi airspaces are open - my friend in <budget airline> says commercial flights are a go, so insh'Allah I'll be in Najaf this time Thursday, and in Mashhad at the end of this month.

quote:

‘Life goes on as usual’ in Iran after Israel attack
Dorsa Jabbari
Reporting from Tehran, Iran

Ordinary Iranians are not really taking any of Israel’s threats very seriously.

People I’ve been speaking to over the past 24 hours say Israel has been threatening Iran for decades and they don’t actually believe a strike is imminent on any part of the country that would affect the general population.

There has been no guidance issued by the authorities in Iran for the public. Life goes on as usual. Schools have been open throughout the week. The only disruption we saw was the closure of the international and domestic airport in the capital for a 24-hour period when Iran carried out its Operation True Promise on Sunday.

Iranians are not that concerned about an Israeli attack. What they are worried about is the state of the country’s economy, which continues to deteriorate as a result of the threats.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/4/16/israels-war-on-gaza-live-israel-vows-response-to-iran?update=2839792

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 09:57 on Apr 16, 2024

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

SniperWoreConverse posted:

& here this whole time I shrugged, lolled, & thought "huh must be like vilé <-> village type of etymology, unfortunate in English" also 100% believed it was the dude's unedited first name lol

i assumed it was some variant of wilhelm or vili

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dixon Chisholm posted:

what's up, my koshies?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

post hole digger posted:

the only max effort BM around here is this post op.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ok, when I said the IRGC pulled its punches with its airstrikes, apparently I was almost comically underselling things.

Every ballistic missile that landed at Nevatim and Ramon airbase hit their intended target (by the looks of it, head-on).

But, for “some reason”, they evidently carefully avoided hitting obviously high-priority targets (such as the 50 odd hardened shelters and ammunition revetments) and C4ISR structures.

Of the confirmed hits, the IRGC cratered:
1x Guard Tower
2x ground vehicle repair depots
1x transportation aircraft maintenance facility (probably where the one C-130 was dinged up)

Oh, and they dropped a ballistic missile on top of the base’s officer’s swimming pool/rec center. You can see screenshots close-ups of what was hit prior to the attack via google maps attached here.

https://twitter.com/AnalyticaCamil1/status/1780161617474265149

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You're the only one who thinks that op. What is wrong with you.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PawParole posted:

Oh, and they dropped a ballistic missile on top of the base’s officer’s swimming pool/rec center. You can see screenshots close-ups of what was hit prior to the attack via google maps attached here.

the Iranians missed in a very precise manner to prove that they could also not-miss in a very precise manner

if they wanted to

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Bread Liar
Blowing up the officer swimming pool/rec center is the most devastating target to moral they could have picked

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

that's wjere they have the Vegas style poolside raves, I expect a number of desertions in the near future.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The Mayor of Sderot is indirectly telling Israel that they will never return to their stupid little town

======

‎Sderot Mayor: The return of residents is linked to the invasion of Rafah‎
‎The mayor of Sderot told Israel Today that anyone who thinks that the town's residents will return without the Israeli army entering Rafah and occupying its land is very mistaken.‎

‎Yesterday, the Israel Broadcasting Corporation said Prime Minister ‎‎Benjamin Netanyahu‎‎ had decided to postpone a scheduled date for a ground operation and invasion of ‎‎Rafah‎‎ in the southern ‎‎Gaza Strip‎‎.‎

‎Israel's Channel 12 reported that the date had been postponed at this stage, and that military censorship did not allow further details to be published.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6452104

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Also the british airline 'Easy Jet' is cancelling all flights to Israel over the next six months

This way they will save lives, because the less easy jet planes are in the air the less crashes will happen.

Also really worryingly for the Israelis alot of airlines that cancelled flights are not in a rush to resume flights, there is definitely the same effect of companies being afraid to risk their planes the way shipping companies are.

===========

‎British airline cancels flights to Israel until October 27‎

‎Israel's Channel 12 said that British airline easyJet announced the cancellation of all flights to Israel until October 27.‎

‎Broadcaster: Airlines do not rush to resume work in Israel‎

‎Israel Broadcasting Corporation:‎

‎Airlines are in no hurry to resume operations in Israel.‎

‎ United Airlines was supposed to return to work in Israel, but canceled its flight from New York to Tel Aviv.‎

‎ British company easyJet has temporarily suspended flights from Tel Aviv to destinations in Europe.‎

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 11:30 on Apr 16, 2024

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/NinaByzantina/status/1497097389521342464

The war in Ukraine didn't start on February 24th. The war in Gaza didn't start on October 7th

I hate to go all "media literacy", but I think this woman was married to Richard Spencer, so it's probably best to go with another source for this.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Maybe dont keep linking and reading those creep twitter accounds like Maria Lupus, Megatron, Analytica Cunnulingus and Tina ByzantiRETVRN or whatever, these guys are wierdo fash taking advantage of the situation.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Also the british airline 'Easy Jet' is cancelling all flights to Israel over the next six months

This way they will save lives, because the less easy jet planes are in the air the less crashes will happen.

Also really worryingly for the Israelis alot of airlines that cancelled flights are not in a rush to resume flights, there is definitely the same effect of companies being afraid to risk their planes the way shipping companies are.

===========

‎British airline cancels flights to Israel until October 27‎

‎Israel's Channel 12 said that British airline easyJet announced the cancellation of all flights to Israel until October 27.‎

‎Broadcaster: Airlines do not rush to resume work in Israel‎

‎Israel Broadcasting Corporation:‎

‎Airlines are in no hurry to resume operations in Israel.‎

‎ United Airlines was supposed to return to work in Israel, but canceled its flight from New York to Tel Aviv.‎

‎ British company easyJet has temporarily suspended flights from Tel Aviv to destinations in Europe.‎

The problem here is that, as with ambulances, planes can't leave Israel unless they go to Israel first.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Aljazeera Urgent News:- Smotrich, the fincance minister of israel was just harassed out of a press conference when his speech was shouted down by some of the loser settlers who had to leave the gaza envelope.

=========

‎Smotrich forced to leave a press conference‎
‎Al-Jazeera correspondent reported that Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich was forced to leave a press conference after being attacked by a number of displaced people in the Gaza envelope.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...A9-%D9%81%D9%8A

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 11:54 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004