Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Harik posted:

a maintenence facility will have spare parts, documentation, special tools, diagnostic computers, etc. All of which can be copied and learned from. The most important will be the wear schedules or whatever they're called - anything that flies has components with fixed usable lifespans and knowing that keeps your fleet in the air without you having to piece bits together after a midair explosion to figure out what failed and mark down "central turbine core blades - failed after 5201 hours"

That documentation is surely trivial to get, either through bribery or hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

someone should sell israel a monorail to put the iron dome on so the batteries are never in the same place

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PawParole posted:

Is the video and the pictures not real?

Sure, but I personally wouldn't use a nazi source to establish that Ukraine has a nazi problem. :shrug:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

16 year old corporal in charge of moving the battery posting epic tiktok updates about how much smarter we are than Hezbollah, with my squad leader Major Koshie

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
are iron domes mobile platforms? seems like a good intelligence get if hezbollah was able to knock out a couple, I wonder how many platforms israel has at all. probably hundreds to cover the whole country?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah they're moved regularly based on covering the most threatened are at a given time by design. But Israel is like, slightly smaller than the state of New Jersey so it's a given that there's only so many vital points they can be moving to.

Each Iron Dome battery cost $100,000,000 to produce as of 2013 so uh lol

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Surely there are enough eyes on the batteries that they can be easily tracked once they find one? They're transported on a trailer for one, using a normal truck cab, so they probably stick to roads.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

SplitSoul posted:

Sure, but I personally wouldn't use a nazi source to establish that Ukraine has a nazi problem. :shrug:

I definitely wouldn't automatically trust a Nazi's characterisation of the substance and context of a brief clip from a speech I don't know anything else about. real baby brain poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah they're moved regularly based on covering the most threatened are at a given time by design. But Israel is like, slightly smaller than the state of New Jersey so it's a given that there's only so many vital points they can be moving to.

Each Iron Dome battery cost $100,000,000 to produce as of 2013 so uh lol

what does israel care, theyre not playing with their own money anyway

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cassian of Imola posted:

I definitely wouldn't automatically trust a Nazi's characterisation of the substance and context of a brief clip from a speech I don't know anything else about. real baby brain poo poo

obama loves ribs and pussy

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

it’s also probably not that unlikely that they were being moved between a fixed number of locations even when they were being moved on schedule

Iran did just very recently have a shitton of drones all over Israel... wouldn't be hard to share any useful information those might have gathered with like-minded interested parties.

And since then, Israel has been pretty preoccupied with having angry meetings in bunkers.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Cassian of Imola posted:

dsyp

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Al-Saqr posted:

are iron domes mobile platforms? seems like a good intelligence get if hezbollah was able to knock out a couple, I wonder how many platforms israel has at all. probably hundreds to cover the whole country?

To my knowledge most modern missile defence/SAM systems are a series of truck-mounted launchers and radar systems, Iron Dome included

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cassian of Imola posted:

Nah, Poroshenko is definitely a piece of poo poo who loves nazis, but we're getting off track here. Death to Israel.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

This is supposedly the context of the clip, taken from here. I can't verify the translation myself obviously but Poroshenko comparing the conditions of western Ukraine to occupied Ukraine in the present tense seems like a way more plausible interpretation than him openly vowing to terrorise the children of Donbass. Even very evil guys tend not to just say that stuff out loud.

quote:

“This war can’t be won with weapons. Every bullet produces two enemies. And every peaceful day Ukrainian state demonstrates on the liberated territories that citizens, who sang praises to false separatist regime a month ago, receive heat, electricity, at last they can send their children to school, they started to receive pensions, survivorship and disablement payments, they have jobs, they have salaries.

“And from the other side – I have spoken by phone with a woman, the associate professor of Taras Shevchenko Luhansk University. I have asked her: “How do you spend your day?” and she has answered me: “I get up at 5 am in order to reserve a place in a queue and to get two pots of water. As we have no water. I return home at 10 am and hurry to a queue for bread. One and a half loaves of bread. Till 12 o’clock there would be no bread. I return from there and stay at home from that moment because armed men start to appear in streets from 2 pm and they could shoot everyone”.

“My dear people of Odesa! This is what we avoided thanks to your wisdom, your solidarity. And thanks to – now we all are confident about this – your pro-Ukrainian position. I was full of joy, when after visiting Odesa the delegation of the OSCE made a conclusion that Odesa is a city of harmony, the city of peace. There can’t be a better compliment. I was very happy about it. Thank you for your wisdom, people of Odesa!

“And we win together by means of peace! Because we have jobs, and they have not. We have pensions, and they have not. We have support of children and pensioners, they have not. Our children would go to kindergartens and schools, theirs would be sitting in cellars. Because they do not know anything how to do! That’s how we are going to win this war. Because wars are won in minds, and not on the combat fields! They do not know this, but I know. And I have your support, I need it very much in order we win this war without perished Ukrainians, without perished inhabitants of Odesa.”

so yeah pawparole citing richard spencer's ex then doubling down probably wasn't the best idea. like how much imagination do you need to wonder if 'maybe there's more to this clip than an canadian neonazi is telling me and I might make myself look pretty dumb by quoting her'

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A symbolic stroke

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

someone should sell israel a monorail to put the iron dome on so the batteries are never in the same place

maybe elon could build them some single-lane tunnels around the golan heights

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cassian of Imola posted:

This is supposedly the context of the clip, taken from here. I can't verify the translation myself obviously but Poroshenko comparing the conditions of western Ukraine to occupied Ukraine in the present tense seems like a way more plausible interpretation than him openly vowing to terrorise the children of Donbass. Even very evil guys tend not to just say that stuff out loud.

so yeah pawparole citing richard spencer's ex then doubling down probably wasn't the best idea. like how much imagination do you need to wonder if 'maybe there's more to this clip than an canadian neonazi is telling me and I might make myself look pretty dumb by quoting her'

Words in one hand shells in another, see which fills up faster.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if the israelis want to put the iron dome launchers where nobody can find them, they should ask MY WIFE har har har har

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Words in one hand shells in another, see which fills up faster.

yeah let's pretend I'm defending poroshenko instead of saying 'don't cite neonazis'

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cassian of Imola posted:

take this tedious bullshit to the ukraine thread, or pm, or anywhere else but here cause no one loving cares

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cassian of Imola posted:

You're using another NED-funded nazi outfit to debunk her, though.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-journalists-threats-neo-nazis-far-right-a9618821.html

Edit: Let's take it to the Ukraine thread if you feel confident continuing this.

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 14:58 on Apr 16, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

take this tedious bullshit to the ukraine thread, or pm, or anywhere else but here cause no one loving cares

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

yes but also this thread needs to stop being marks for anyone with $8 to give to elon musk

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Al! posted:

yes but also this thread needs to stop being marks for anyone with $8 to give to elon musk

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

zetamind2000 posted:

The US has lost WW3

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Al! posted:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

the poroshenko whisperer

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ohhhohohoho, THIS place

it's fuckin incredible. did you try any of the fish? stunning.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Weka posted:

just register a war thunder forums account

speng31b
May 8, 2010

going to start probes for Ukraine stuff at this point. stfu about it unless it's directly relevant to Palestine

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
have I told
you lately
death to TZE?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

hey! I just met you
and this is crazy
but let’s go hamas
death to the ZE

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Dang seems like Israel is losing this war which is wild since I have it on good authority that they are all actually super soldiers.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

hey! I just met you
and this is crazy
but let’s go hamas
death to the ZE

me whenever I see a Qassam fighter:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77PzXCKDyVQ

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

RC Cola posted:

Dang seems like Israel is losing this war which is wild since I have it on good authority that they are all actually super soldiers.

it's because they're too humane and holding back. if only biden let them take off the training weights they'll show you what they can really do.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

RC Cola posted:

not gonna lie I'm really shocked by just how badly they're losing this, they did a horrible genocide beyond our wildest nightmares but in terms of military, politically and strategic situation they are failing beyond our wildest expectations.

Originally, I thought they would end the war shortly after the first prisoner swap, then things would just go back to the lovely situation that was before with the israelis given a bloody nose but still somewhat intact, but israel decided to dig a big fat grave for itself and wouldnt stop digging, handing a historic victory to Hamas and Iran and their allies, it's crazy.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Weka posted:

Just post about how the F-16 speed and critical angle of attack should be nerfed due to their turbine blades on the war thunder forums.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Just post about how the F-16 speed and critical angle of attack should be nerfed due to their turbine blades on the war thunder forums.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

it's because they're too humane and holding back. if only biden let them take off the training weights they'll show you what they can really do.

The dead toddler sock sniffer was holding back.