Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Then prove it. Produce Raw yourself

I’m on my way to wwe right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

is it cheating if you use one of these? is this the av equivalent of a high spots match?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is it cheating if you use one of these? is this the av equivalent of a high spots match?

Yes, that "hair" isn't fooling anybody

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
QoP works for the BBC, that explains so much.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mr Hootington posted:

One time I was interviewed by the local news, but they didn't air it. Does that count?

I was an extra in a movie my brother wrote and directed, but he cut out the subplot that involved my scenes.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

drat, sad to see Dustin Rhodes already looking for a second job

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t the camera men constantly filming, and a guy like Dunn was in the back watching feeds from these multiple camera men saying when to cut? Its not like every time there was a cut a camera man put down their camera lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thats the cameras aew use

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t the camera men constantly filming, and a guy like Dunn was in the back watching feeds from these multiple camera men saying when to cut? Its not like every time there was a cut a camera man put down their camera lol.

thats what people here think

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Kevin Dunn had a switch board that he played like a piano in a Dracula movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anyway the Sami Zayn shot is cool but if they really wanted to Montreal it up it should have started with him at Lucien L'Allier and having to take all those loving steps and the walkway.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Y'all arguing over some tracking shot when they clearly just added a warp stablizer in post

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/luireigns/status/1779682063844557186

i hope the wwe universe does not turn on cody that would not be good

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I don't even think that guy was trying to write a lovely parody of Smoke and Mirrors but that's how I read it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The D in Detroit posted:

Y'all arguing over some tracking shot when they clearly just added a warp stablizer in post

doing things in post is a fake idea

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I saw so many things go wrong in live tv. And with all the crazy poo poo like teleprompters disappearing, workers literally walking out during a broadcast, the wrong video loaded up, or loaded up without sound, or loaded up with sound from a different package - I've always wondered if there is more redundancy in place for big time live broadcasts. Like the most impressive thing is how they get a instant replay in slow mo like 10 seconds after it aired. KPLC didn't have any systems in place to make that easy. If I wanted to replay something that went on the air, I'd have to record it with the encoder that was in the newsroom, then export it into the shared drive, then run into the editing room, then go to my computer and place it on the runsheet and export it into the bank so the director could que it up. The fastest I was ever able to do was I had a live interview at the top of the 4th half hour, and then during the breaks I edited it down to sound bites for the 5th half hour.

All that to say that everything done during a live broadcast is impressive from a technical standpoint, but how it lands from a creative standpoint has nothing to do with that.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The perils of internet communication: two groups of people having a different definition of what they're calling "impressive" (the skill to do a shot vs. how the final product looks) leading to someone posting what appear to be Facebook boomer memes about television production.

(It's chill, it's funny)

anyway the only thing people should do in post is :justpost:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The perils of internet communication: two groups of people having a different definition of what they're calling "impressive" (the skill to do a shot vs. how the final product looks) leading to someone posting what appear to be Facebook boomer memes about television production.

(It's chill, it's funny)

anyway the only thing people should do in post is :justpost:

but you told me not to just post about posters Erin! Flip Flop Fiasco Jones over here!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Facebook boomer memes about television production.

Please do not insult CHEEZBURGER NETWORK: Funniest Relatable TV Production Memes in this manner

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i directed a twilight zone film in the 80s

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Let's all watch In Your House 8: Beware of Dog as a television production learning experience.

I wish Raven had taken out that important cable with a golf cart during one of the Wrestlemanias

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

If the go shiozaki vs fujita match with the 30 minute stare down happened in wwe fed fans would be comparing it to a sergio Leon movie instead of talking about how badass and funny it was

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That DICK! posted:

i directed a twilight zone film in the 80s

Did you or did you just kill a bunch of people with a helicopter?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

If the go shiozaki vs fujita match with the 30 minute stare down happened in wwe fed fans would be comparing it to a sergio Leon movie instead of talking about how badass and funny it was

Maybe one of the coolest and funniest moments in wrestling history.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Did you or did you just kill a bunch of people with a helicopter?

look not my problem the cameras werent rolling & werent there

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not reading these posts, that Sami Zayn shot looked pretty good.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thinking about bringing back the wwe wrestler discussion of the day

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

randy the ram robinson

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

WWE definitely gonna get that Emmy nomination this year, and hell, with amazing cinematic techniques like this on display, they've earned it! Sometimes I have to remind myself I'm watching WWE RAW and not a Jean-Luc Godard film.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tato posted:

Jean-Luc Godard

Who'd he ever beat

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I think people should stop taking Twitter stupidity like "cinema" too seriously. It's kind of so entry-level pandering (probably an algorithm thing) that it's not even worth trying to make jokes out of it.

That said:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Who'd he ever beat

He kept ducking Truffaut because he was scared he'd have to job, it was embarrassing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The AEW equivalent of the Sami entrance would end with the wrestler entering a half filled high school auditorium.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why would Sami go to a NXT taping on an AEW show

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

The AEW equivalent of the Sami entrance would end with the wrestler entering a half filled high school auditorium.

cool

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah man totally

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

[Nicole Kidman sitting in a disgusting midwest civic center watching Mad Man Pondo carve up some dude's forehead]

Somehow, heartbreak feels good in a place like this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can you take it all away?
can you take it all away?
you shoved it in my face
this pain you gave to me

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
so how was the match

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

you mean how was the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The guy who claims to have not watched modern wrestling before last week has jokes.