Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

i laugh every time i see this picture

What does Gavin consume from plates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Scranton, PA likes genocide? First I've heard of that...

seeing a photograph of bodies ziptied and shot in the head from a mass grave at al shifa hospital and jim facing hard

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ginsburg died at 87. Sotomayor is about twenty years younger. I'm not at all sure why there's an internet meme going around that she's on the brink of death.

e: Thomas is 75, Alito is 73, Roberts is the same age as Sotomayor and the funny sex number, Kagan is 63

in practice they should all be thinking about retirement but there isn't a whole lot of reason to get mad about Sotomayor specifically

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

is pepsi ok posted:

Yeah there's a whole lot of people who are on the "pay the minimum until I die" plan
So just pay $50 a month until death, and if you graduate at 22 and die at 75 then that loan basically costed you $32,000?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

his losing his poo poo in court is the one way to get him behind bars before the election.

public opinion isn't changing but the democrats engineered this to be the dominant story to the exclusion of everything else in the political realm & it's bound to have an effect on public opinion.

this time they'll get him for sure, he'll finally for once face any consequence for his actions lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Ginsburg died at 87. Sotomayor is about twenty years younger. I'm not at all sure why there's an internet meme going around that she's on the brink of death.

e: Thomas is 75, Alito is 73, Roberts is the same age as Sotomayor and the funny sex number, Kagan is 63

in practice they should all be thinking about retirement but there isn't a whole lot of reason to get mad about Sotomayor specifically

the bigger problem is that biden doesnt even have enough juice in the senate to confirm a nominee

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

with his own party no less lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Automata 10 Pack posted:

So just pay $50 a month until death, and if you graduate at 22 and die at 75 then that loan basically costed you $32,000?

seems like a pretty fair deal when you put it that way.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sinema would not allow Joe Biden to get a new Justice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

this time they'll get him for sure, he'll finally for once face any consequence for his actions lol

Yup

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

with his own party no less lmao

the presidential candidate billed as an expert in the senate who knows how to get stuff done

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"trump sucks" as a platform when his admin was in charge during a plague killing thousands a day barely got Biden over the finish line. I just don't see how it can even compete in 24.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

post hole digger posted:

seems like a pretty fair deal when you put it that way.
well now you know why nobody paid off their student debt loans during the pause.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Automata 10 Pack posted:

So just pay $50 a month until death, and if you graduate at 22 and die at 75 then that loan was basically $32,000?

You can have a $0 monthly payment if you make little enough. Idk if it’s still like this, but after school I had a friend take a job in Cambodia and his income based repayment amount was $0 because it only looks at taxable income and at the time something like the first $100k if foreign income was non taxable

Supposedly it’s supposed to forgive after 20 or 25 years depending on which income based plan you’re on, but that wasn’t created until 2009 at earliest, and that was the 25 year one, so the first cohort to hit that will be the ones who got on after the 2012 Obama changes, so that’s 2032 at earliest before we find out how much of a cluster of fucks it’ll be

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yes yes i get that all electoral and federal level politics are a sideshow to keep the elites in power and biden and trump are just puppets but you dont have to constantly point it out that wrestling or the nfl are fake when youre chatting about them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Al! posted:

yes yes i get that all electoral and federal level politics are a sideshow to keep the elites in power and biden and trump are just puppets but you dont have to constantly point it out that wrestling or the nfl are fake when youre chatting about them

Yup. Being invested ftw.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

student debt isn't real is what i'm hearing, and i shouldn't trust any lib complaining about their $100,000,000 debt they owe the government after 30 years because they're intentionally shorting the government, and biden striking away that interest-earned debt is just them asking "c'mon man... pay it off."

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

In Training posted:

"trump sucks" as a platform when his admin was in charge during a plague killing thousands a day barely got Biden over the finish line. I just don't see how it can even compete in 24.

yeah but I mean everything is so loving stupid now I think it's 50/50

which sucks because I drunkenly bet my brother $100 that trump was gonna win lol

I think trump wins because biden's win in 2020 was so narrow and everyone hates his rear end now but nothing gets the american voter harder than some dumbass decorum lib "making the hard choices" by genociding brown people and dickin' over the poors

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

I don't think the court cases will do him in, but rather the judges who are champing at the bit to throw him behind bars for courtroom outbursts & lack of :decorum:

Libs are literally obsessed with the idea of him wearing a jumpsuit that matches his hair; it's all they can think about, post about & dream about.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Automata 10 Pack posted:

student debt isn't real is what i'm hearing, and i shouldn't trust any lib complaining about their $100,000,000 debt they owe the government after 30 years because they're intentionally shorting the government, and biden striking away that interest-earned debt is just them asking "c'mon man... pay it off."

Yeah, the take-away should be that it’s not really real. It mostly serves as a tax on people who came from backgrounds where their parents couldn’t put them through school. You get to pay a surcharge of 10/15% of your income every month for the sin of not having wealthy parents. The government doesn’t anticipate ever being paid back for most of it. It’s just a gently caress you basically to people struggling to make ends meet, because on an individual level, that 10/15% monthly payment is very real

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the more I read about the letter-agency dudes hating trump's guts the more I'm inclined to think that he won't be sworn in as president again.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't think the court cases will do him in, but rather the judges who are champing at the bit to throw him behind bars for courtroom outbursts & lack of :decorum:

Libs are literally obsessed with the idea of him wearing a jumpsuit that matches his hair; it's all they can think about, post about & dream about.

he's gonna get off on a technicality like Larry David and spend less than an hour in jail

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

wait I thought they elected biden so they didn't have to think about TLG

(also I didn't think you thought the court cases are going to get him)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Scranton, PA likes genocide? First I've heard of that...

Ogre fetterman is absolutely the kind of guy you'd find in Scranton, OP.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

Ogre fetterman is absolutely the kind of guy you'd find in Scranton, OP.

I figured he'd be more at home in Shrek's swamp.

You're right, unfortunately.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The Oldest Man posted:

Two genocides????

For every genocide we lose, we'll pick up two in the Middle East. And you can repeat that in Eastern Europe, in Asia, in South America.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

For every genocide we lose, we'll pick up two in the Middle East. And you can repeat that in Eastern Europe, in Asia, in South America.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/...ingawful.com%2F

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Al! posted:

the bigger problem is that biden doesnt even have enough juice in the senate to confirm a nominee

That too, it's just very funny how angry they get at ordinary people who might not vote versus how lackadaisical they are about expecting politicians to actually do anything with their power.

-You're not voting?! Don't you care about the SUPREME COURT?! Don't you know what the evil Republicans will do if we don't break their hold?
-You're in control, shouldn't you be stacking it with the youngest Dems you can find right now?
-Oh, ho hum, 70 year olds don't keel over every day, not a big deal if we roll the dice on Ginsberg-ing ourselves again. Also any new judge needs bipartisan support from our good friends in the Republican party.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

SixteenShells posted:

that's like, the first goddamn page of that book. might not even be turned past the copyright page

Photographer happened to catch him as he's making his way through the whole stack

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

That too, it's just very funny how angry they get at ordinary people who might not vote versus how lackadaisical they are about expecting politicians to actually do anything with their power.

-You're not voting?! Don't you care about the SUPREME COURT?! Don't you know what the evil Republicans will do if we don't break their hold?
-You're in control, shouldn't you be stacking it with the youngest Dems you can find right now?
-Oh, ho hum, 70 year olds don't keel over every day, not a big deal if we roll the dice on Ginsberg-ing ourselves again. Also any new judge needs bipartisan support from our good friends in the Republican party.

it is very funny that trump is poised to confirm more supreme court justices than any president in history

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Joementum posted:

i laugh every time i see this picture

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lets see in the next four years thomas and alito retire. maybe roberts. soto dies. supreme court packed with trump nominees

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

lets see in the next four years thomas and alito retire. maybe roberts. soto dies. supreme court packed with trump nominees

we WILL see the first Supreme Court nominee who was also a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice within the next 4 years, just by virtue of him running out of names he knows

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

Would be really funny if he wins from prison though. Hope it happens.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

we WILL see the first Supreme Court nominee who was also a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice within the next 4 years, just by virtue of him running out of names he knows

It's not like he picked any of his nominees, they just give him a list of Bush cronies, probably with the one they want circled in gold Sharpie with a hamburger sticker next to it

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
huh. i never realized before that the number of House reps was legislatively capped at 435 and has been since the early 20th century. apparently there would need to be like... at least three times as many reps if you wanted to maintain proportional representation

anyway it sure does rule that there's not even 600 people in the only democratic body that matters in this country

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

It's not like he picked any of his nominees, they just give him a list of Bush cronies, probably with the one they want circled in gold Sharpie with a hamburger sticker next to it

thank you for footnoting my joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i promise you that i'm not posting this in the wrong thread

https://twitter.com/people/status/1777820792505458738