Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

hambeet posted:

if someone gives me a gun tonight i will shoot sandwolf tomorrow when it's the most funniest.

you're going to time travel back to your first post on day 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Anyways I can move my vote but that’s about it now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

The only thing giving me pause about pq is the people currently voting them. I’m sure my reads are dogshit but there’s only one person firmly on my town list that’s voting pq. That could be a me problem though.

hmmm

who

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

fool of sound posted:

you're going to time travel back to your first post on day 1?

you haven't seen my flavour yet baby!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

zzyzx posted:

Excellent case on PQ by beet and JS. Consider me voting for him once we get closer to deadline.

lmao

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Tea Party Crasher posted:

That would be an absurd thing for me to propose, which is probably why I didn't. I'm just pointing out that I don't really buy the notion that you are putting any effort into doing anything about scum by pulling a wagon that lost its wheels about 40 pages ago. I would love to hear your Mona case though if you think you can turn this into a swerve

I don’t really have the time or ability to put a proper write up together at the moment but the summary on Mona is that I think their vote on Hal was super scummy and opportunistic, their reaction to toms early case on them makes me suspicious, and the way that they voted me early on, questioned me a bunch about it, then backed off so easily after my answers gives me a strong scum feeling.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

You know, I thought it was in character for sand wolf to be deriding the content value of our posts, but now that you mention it he is usually more in the thick of things and actually interrogating people's arguments and getting pissed off about it. To be completely absent before the end of the day without really contributing much to the content of the game overall does seem off

sandwolf was like this for the first half of periodic table and he was town there so i'm not reading anything into it yet

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Pussy Quipped posted:

I don’t really have the time or ability to put a proper write up together at the moment but the summary on Mona is that I think their vote on Hal was super scummy and opportunistic, their reaction to toms early case on them makes me suspicious, and the way that they voted me early on, questioned me a bunch about it, then backed off so easily after my answers gives me a strong scum feeling.

:thumbsup: If you flip town I'll definitely consider this

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

I'm tired as gently caress and on my phone, I ain't reading all this

Someone summarize what the pq case is please and thank you

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hey PQ we know your flavor but what is your actual role/powers

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Monathin posted:

Hey PQ we know your flavor but what is your actual role/powers

I believe it would be in the towns best interest to not divulge this unless absolutely necessary

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

sharkmafia posted:

I'm tired as gently caress and on my phone, I ain't reading all this

Someone summarize what the pq case is please and thank you

no. No one was nice to me so I refuse to do a shorter case

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

Anyways I can move my vote but that’s about it now.

you can. i believe in you.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Your Personal Muse posted:

no. No one was nice to me so I refuse to do a shorter case

I think I've been pretty nice to you. I defended you by mistake

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pussy Quipped posted:

I believe it would be in the towns best interest to not divulge this unless absolutely necessary

hmm interesting response.

you're -4, 46 mins out from elim. the next nearest is dominoes at -10 and there's gently caress all excitement for their elim.

if you're town, you'd have a vested in giving town time to swing somewhere else you would think.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Pussy Quipped posted:

Lmao okay

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah -3/-4 is where I would personally claim, so I would assume we were at "absolutely necessary" considering the level of swerve we would need

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I don't think I'm moving my vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like risk scum finding out your role vs you dying anyway and it being of zero benefit.... that's a pretty easy equation to solve as town.

you having to fake a claim on the spot, so delaying it as long as possible... that seems plausible.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote pq

they're stalling for a fake claim imo. no way town would say that, with 45 mins to go.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Pussy Quipped posted:

Never mind this is a good enough reason ##vote qussy pipped

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

hambeet posted:

hmm interesting response.

you're -4, 46 mins out from elim. the next nearest is dominoes at -10 and there's gently caress all excitement for their elim.

if you're town, you'd have a vested in giving town time to swing somewhere else you would think.

Yeah but what if I claim and don’t get executed then just get killed tonight anyway?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Uh oh you're at -2 you better hurry up and think of a fakeclaim

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

8 PM deadline is tricky for me with bedtime but I have a few minutes now, I am going to ##vote PQ because the others are Dominoes (4 votes, reads town me) and TPC (3 votes, reads town to me) while I have a neutral to scum feeling on PQ.

The main reason is that this pinged me super hard:

Pussy Quipped posted:

PQ is the vote leader by a huge margin and there's only 40 minutes to deadline with lots of people saying they will be in and out - this is obviously "necessary" time. This reads to me as scum drip-claiming, which they do because they can't claim completely and have to think up fake claims, but still want the credit for claiming so they string it out.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Lol ok I don’t realize you all considered the situation that dire

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Looks like other people had the same idea as I was writing that so it puts PQ at -1 or -2 I believe.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pussy Quipped posted:

Yeah but what if I claim and don’t get executed then just get killed tonight anyway?

lol

never put off making a fake claim gang. get onto it as soon as you get your role.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Pussy Quipped (13): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, Your Personal Muse, Monathin, lih, lih, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, wins32767, CubicalSucrose, Monathin, Jose Valasquez, b-minus1, lih, Opopanax, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, hambeet, sharkmafia, Tom Tucker
Tea Party Crasher (3): Monathin, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Monathin, PhantomMuzzles, AFancyQuestionMark, lih, fool of sound, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, lih
Dominoes (3): saladscooper, zzyzx, hambeet, hambeet, saladscooper, sharkmafia, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, Token Female, Monathin, Monathin, Monathin, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, saladscooper, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, Opopanax, sharkmafia, Tea Party Crasher, sharkmafia, Monathin, Opopanax, sharkmafia
wins32767 (2): Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, hambeet, CubicalSucrose, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, CubicalSucrose, b-minus1, Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, yuming, Tea Party Crasher, AFancyQuestionMark, AFancyQuestionMark, AFancyQuestionMark, Johnny Keats, hambeet, AFancyQuestionMark, yuming, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Johnny Keats, b-minus1, yuming, yuming
Token Female (2): Dominoes, Dominoes, Johnny Keats, Voodoofly, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher
JosefStalinator (1): CubicalSucrose, Token Female, CubicalSucrose, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, saladscooper, Opopanax, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Token Female, saladscooper, Opopanax, Anonymous
Monathin (1): Tom Tucker, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, sharkmafia, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, sharkmafia, Pussy Quipped, JosefStalinator, wins32767, wins32767, Tom Tucker
PhantomMuzzles (1): Voodoofly, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Token Female, Tea Party Crasher, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, Voodoofly, Sandwolf, Token Female
sharkmafia (1): Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, Dominoes, Dominoes, Dominoes
Sandwolf (0): CubicalSucrose, Opopanax, CubicalSucrose, Opopanax, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator
CubicalSucrose (0): Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Your Personal Muse, yuming, fool of sound, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, fool of sound, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, yuming, wins32767
Hal Incandenza (0): AFancyQuestionMark, Hal Incandenza, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, AFancyQuestionMark, hambeet, Jose Valasquez, Monathin, Monathin, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Jose Valasquez
AFancyQuestionMark (0): JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, fool of sound, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Jose Valasquez, Jose Valasquez, fool of sound
Opopanax (0): CubicalSucrose, Monathin, Monathin, Monathin, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, CubicalSucrose
Johnny Keats (0): hambeet, hambeet, sharkmafia, sharkmafia
Jose Valasquez (0): AFancyQuestionMark, AFancyQuestionMark, JosefStalinator, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, JosefStalinator
Tom Tucker (0): Pussy Quipped, b-minus1, Pussy Quipped, b-minus1
Voodoofly (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
zzyzx (0): Pussy Quipped, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, Pussy Quipped, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (0):

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 15th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 38 minutes.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Next pq vote is hammer

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

You know, I thought it was in character for sand wolf to be deriding the content value of our posts, but now that you mention it he is usually more in the thick of things and actually interrogating people's arguments and getting pissed off about it. To be completely absent before the end of the day without really contributing much to the content of the game overall does seem off

I mean, they claimed Boston Marathon today which is an easily-checkable thing that I won't check. I really appreciate when people give heads-ups on when they generally won't be available for a while.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I have a passive ability and 2 active powers

My passive makes whoever targets me at night forget what they were doing and go home.

I have a night vig that is delayed by a day. So if I used it tonight it hits the next night.

I have a jailing power

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

I mean, they claimed Boston Marathon today which is an easily-checkable thing that I won't check. I really appreciate when people give heads-ups on when they generally won't be available for a while.

this is right cube. scum never give excuses for not being present. they just quietly lurk / play differently with absolutely no reasons given.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pussy Quipped posted:

My passive makes whoever targets me at night forget what they were doing and go home.

I have a night vig that is delayed by a day. So if I used it tonight it hits the next night.

I have a jailing power

What's the flavor connection to being a bong rip or whatever

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

With a fierce battle cry, our hero lunges forward, engaging in a dramatic showdown with Pussy Quipped. The clash of steel rings out as they engage in a fierce duel, each determined to emerge victorious.

In the end, it is our hero who prevails, their unwavering courage and indomitable spirit proving too much for Pussy Quipped to overcome. With a final strike, the villain is defeated, brought to justice at last.

:redhammer:

##vote PQ

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sorry for not understanding the etiquette around claiming :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pussy Quipped posted:

I have a jailing power

lol they're all scum powers

poisoner, jailer, and a passive role block.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Pussy Quipped!

Votecount for Day 1

Pussy Quipped (14): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, Your Personal Muse, Monathin, lih, lih, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, wins32767, CubicalSucrose, Monathin, Jose Valasquez, b-minus1, lih, Opopanax, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, hambeet, sharkmafia, Tom Tucker, zzyzx
Tea Party Crasher (3): Monathin, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Monathin, PhantomMuzzles, AFancyQuestionMark, lih, fool of sound, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, lih
wins32767 (2): Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, hambeet, CubicalSucrose, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, CubicalSucrose, b-minus1, Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, yuming, Tea Party Crasher, AFancyQuestionMark, AFancyQuestionMark, AFancyQuestionMark, Johnny Keats, hambeet, AFancyQuestionMark, yuming, yuming, Hal Incandenza, Johnny Keats, b-minus1, yuming, yuming
Token Female (2): Dominoes, Dominoes, Johnny Keats, Voodoofly, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher
Dominoes (2): saladscooper, zzyzx, hambeet, hambeet, saladscooper, sharkmafia, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, Token Female, Monathin, Monathin, Monathin, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, saladscooper, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, Opopanax, sharkmafia, Tea Party Crasher, sharkmafia, Monathin, Opopanax, sharkmafia, zzyzx
JosefStalinator (1): CubicalSucrose, Token Female, CubicalSucrose, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, saladscooper, Opopanax, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Token Female, saladscooper, Opopanax, Anonymous
Monathin (1): Tom Tucker, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, sharkmafia, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, sharkmafia, Pussy Quipped, JosefStalinator, wins32767, wins32767, Tom Tucker
PhantomMuzzles (1): Voodoofly, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Token Female, Tea Party Crasher, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, Voodoofly, Sandwolf, Token Female
sharkmafia (1): Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, Dominoes, Dominoes, Dominoes
Sandwolf (0): CubicalSucrose, Opopanax, CubicalSucrose, Opopanax, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator
CubicalSucrose (0): Your Personal Muse, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Your Personal Muse, yuming, fool of sound, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, fool of sound, wins32767, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, yuming, wins32767
Hal Incandenza (0): AFancyQuestionMark, Hal Incandenza, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, AFancyQuestionMark, hambeet, Jose Valasquez, Monathin, Monathin, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Jose Valasquez
AFancyQuestionMark (0): JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, fool of sound, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Jose Valasquez, Jose Valasquez, fool of sound
Opopanax (0): CubicalSucrose, Monathin, Monathin, Monathin, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Monathin, CubicalSucrose
Johnny Keats (0): hambeet, hambeet, sharkmafia, sharkmafia
Jose Valasquez (0): AFancyQuestionMark, AFancyQuestionMark, JosefStalinator, sharkmafia, sharkmafia, JosefStalinator
Tom Tucker (0): Pussy Quipped, b-minus1, Pussy Quipped, b-minus1
Voodoofly (0): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
zzyzx (0): Pussy Quipped, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, Pussy Quipped, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (0):

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 15th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 35 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Wow! What an action packed day! We didn't know where this was gonna go until the very end!

Pussy Quipped - A bong rip that makes you cough so hard you vomit - Town aligned was executed on day 1!

You are A bong rip that makes you cough so hard you vomit.

Dimension - Other D11
Designation - Drug Related Concept
Alignment - town
Abilities - Bruh, you must be high af right now. , Gross, What?

Bruh, you must be high af right now - You can target another player at night, that player will become high and will be jailed.

Gross - You target another player to vomit on, that player will die the following night.

What? - the first action submitted that targets you at night will fail, if the same player targets you with the same action first a second night in a row, it will not fail.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated

It is now night 1!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Wow folks! It was a bloodbath last night!

Hal incandenza - Hal’s secret 7-pepper guacamole recipe - Town aligned was found with several bites taken out of him and digested by stomach acids on night 1!

You are Hal’s secret 7-pepper guacamole recipe

Dimension - Culinary D4
Designation - Recipe
Alignment - town
Abilities - Nutritious, Spicy, Dippable

Nutritious - You provide essential nutrients especially good fats. If a player visits you at night they will be empowered (immune to roleblocks and jails) the following night.

Spicy - You are very spicy. You may type ##spicy <target> in the thread publically during the day once during the game, the targeted player will be killed.

Dippable - You are easy to dip things into, thus, people want to dip things in you. Once during the game you can ##announce yourself causing all night actions to target you that night as everyone tries to dip some of that guac baybee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFQM - a Spectre of Communism - town aligned was chaos'd on night 1!

Dimension - Niche K4
Designation - Political Ideation
Alignment - town
Abilities - The means of production, Eat the bourgeoisie, Workers of the world, unite!

The Means of production - Once during the game you may seize the means of production, at night you declare you are doing this and then choose 3 players, those three players will then be ""Seized"" this will block them from performing actions that night, if any of these players are opposed to your alignment you will be notified there is an enemy among them and given the option to choose one of the players to kill.

Eat the bourgeoisie - Target another player at night , you will eat that player killing them and empowering (immune to roleblocks or jails) yourself on the following night. This kill bypasses any protections unless the protection states that it cannot be bypassed.

Workers of the world, unite! - Once during the game you may choose a target for each player in the game, the player will still choose what action they are taking , you are just changing their targets.

In order to use this you will need to give me a list of all currently living players and who you would like them to target.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cube - Dignity - town aligned was chaos'd on night 1!

You are Dignity

Dimension - Concept C1
Designation - Concept
Alignment - town
Abilities - Worthy of honor or respect, composed and serious, self respect

Worthy of respect - Being the very concept of dignity you are indeed dignified. you are (Loved 2) It will take 2 more votes than normal to execute you on any day.

Composed and Serious - No matter what is happening you stay composed and take whatever comes your way head on. You automatically passively redirect the first night action submitted against you each night to another player randomly.

Self Respect - You respect yourself enough to know your worth. Once during the game may declare publicly in thread ##I am dignified doing this will remove you from the game for that day in relation to votes, you won't be able to be voted and will not be able to vote other players. In addition you will be immune to any daykill or other day abilities. Your voting will be restored the day after using this ability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wins - the concept embodied by this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058113&pagenumber=1#post538811306 SCUM aligned was chaos'd on night 1!

You are the concept embodied by this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058113&pagenumber=1#post538811306

Dimension - Internet R3
Designation - Internet forums post
Alignment - scum
Abilities - Haha, gotcha, Hey everyone look at me!, The something awful internet forums

Haha Gotcha - Not even gonna ask for obs? Once per game you can target another player, that player will receive the opposite result of whatever ability they use, if they kill another player for example they will get results stating that they failed to kill the target, if they investigate another player and receive a result of town, it will instead give a result of scum etc. The following night they will get a message with their results that says ""Haha, gotcha, actually your results were <>""

Hey everyone look at me! - Once during the game you can force every player in the game that is performing an active night action to target you instead, you will then randomly redirect each action targeting you to another player.

The Internet - You start a terrible comedy forum that becomes pretty big at some point, at night, once during the game you name a player, that player will join an unconfirmed masonry with you, each night another player will randomly be added to the Forum as more people join. (edited)

You are scum aligned and win when scum control the vote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tea party crasher - Evil Buddha - Town Aligned was chaos'd on night 1!

You are Evil Buddha

Dimension - Memes G10
Designation - Religious Meme
Alignment - town
Abilities - Profound Attachment, Negative Colors, Insane

Profound Attachment - The basis of all your abilities is to form attachments, each niight you MUST visit another player, you will then form an attachment to that player.

Negative colors - Each day you can choose a player you have an attachment to and assign them a color, From the moment you assign a color to someone you can then choose a player in the game, you will see all the colors that have visited that person, this replaces forming an attachment for that night.

Insane - Instead of using negative colors during the day you can hear their voice in your head by inviting them to a masonry, each player you attach to can be invited to the masonry over the course of the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The producers are pleased to announce the First Loser Challenge! At the end of Day 2, if at least two players have received eight votes or more, the top player will be executed normally by majority vote and players will be rewarded as follows:

If at least one of the top two players is not town-aligned, all town-aligned players will receive a bonus.

If both of the top two players are town-aligned, all non-town-aligned players will receive a bonus.

If no player reaches a majority vote, no execution will take place and no bonuses will be awarded.

It is now day 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Jesus christ