Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol how blind and/or demented is he to transmogrify Kimmel and Pacino?

(I know, the answer is "yes" )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

morningdrew posted:

oh my god he admit it

My god, how deep does this rabbit-hole go?!

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

kazil posted:

lol he's just so angry this morning

No one said the strikes were unlimited. Both sides have the same amount. That has always been the case.

You have unlimited for cause strikes, and 10 preemptory voir dire removals. So identifying that a prospective juror is a former associate or victim of trump would not count against the 10.

Barrel Cactaur fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 17, 2024

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

He wants unlimited voir dire strikes so he can just strike everyone forever and hold the trial up until the election is over

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Toxic Mental posted:

He wants unlimited strikes so he can just strike everyone forever and hold the trial up until the election is over

Though it would be really, really funny if they just had an endless line of New Yorkers reading out their social media posts making GBS threads on Trump, to his face, before being dismissed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The only worthwhile thing I can remember coming out of the Apprentice is a compilation of Gilbert Gottfried's scenes from one of the celebrity seasons where he clearly doesn't give a poo poo and is just loving with everyone.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

kazil posted:

Post ITT everytime you LOL at the First Worst president

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

cr0y posted:

Imagine being this hung up on another person. Like literally any other person in the entire world.

They picked turm

the real in state guy????

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

A Fancy Hat posted:

Trump absolutely got brain damage back when he caught covid and has been on a massive downhill slide cognitively ever since.

This poo poo is wild, imagine one of your elderly relatives posting this. You'd take them to the ER immediately, thinking they had a brain bleed or something.

I kind of wonder if maybe he didn't make a full recovery and still has some issues getting enough oxygen. Long term that can cause brain damage.

Anyway, holy poo poo these numbers:

https://twitter.com/0henrydavid/status/1780231855343591500

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lazyfire posted:

I kind of wonder if maybe he didn't make a full recovery and still has some issues getting enough oxygen. Long term that can cause brain damage.

These numbers are brutal :stare:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Toxic Mental posted:

He wants unlimited voir dire strikes so he can just strike everyone forever and hold the trial up until the election is over

If he wants to be obligated to turn up every day and have anti-trump memes read to him forever then that's fine too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lazyfire posted:

some of them might get boosts but its clear the money is either going to trump OR getting grabbed by various grifters on the way up.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lazyfire posted:

also lol they got this out fast

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Turd Dispersal Syndrome

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is from a bit ago but I just want to say this needs to be an emote

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Aka explosive diarrhea

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Trump absolutely got brain damage back when he caught covid and has been on a massive downhill slide cognitively ever since.

This poo poo is wild, imagine one of your elderly relatives posting this. You'd take them to the ER immediately, thinking they had a brain bleed or something.

i dont think its that, least fully. i think a bunch of it is legit him comming apart from the last 5 years or so of stress and brain gently caress ups. i think if any of us were looking down the barrel of like 92 felonies, our brains wouldnt handle it. trumps always been a sensitive boy.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

Silly,unrelated Trump based question:

Did anyone here actually watch "the apprentice"? What was it like? What was Trumps performance like?

Watched it? I have the first season on DVD! It has a voice chip that says, "You're fired!" when you open the cover!

I like reality competition shows. Give me teams of people trying to figure out how to do unreasonable tasks and I'm happy. The Apprentice was a big hit, but at the time I worked nights so I never caught any TV live. My solution in those days before streaming was really an option was to buy DVDs of anything I was interested in. So that's why I picked it up.

As for how Donnie was in the show... well, he was a competent but not outstanding performer. He'd get pulled up in a production rented limo or helicopter at the beginning of the episode to tell the contestants what they had to do. Then sometime in the middle of the episode he'd have a business advice segment and these were laughably stupid. Finally at the end of the episode he'd be the "tough guy" judge the contestants and getting rid of one of them.

Thing about "reality" shows like this is that they're heavily scripted to the point that it's probably a violation of the game show laws. So his tough guy act was all written for him by the show and he delivered those lines as well as can be expected. It was always obvious to me that the whole thing was just puffing him up since Trump was the only "rich" person they could get to be on the show. Which isn't a big deal when it's just some shithead on tv, but is a problem when it's the president.

One fun(?) thing about that season is a lot of the failed Trump brands that we joke about showed up. Trump steaks, water, that kind of poo poo.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

kazil posted:

also lol they got this out fast

Man I am glad to see the Biden camp finally getting serious about using social media to their advantage. Still not as savvy as they could be but it's a faaaaar cry better than those stilted videos of Hillary "just chillin in Cedar Rapids".

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kazil posted:

No one said the strikes were unlimited. Both sides have the same amount. That has always been the case.

Weird. I wonder if something said in court yesterday might have set him off.

And if they can keep doing it for weeks.

Forget jail, Trump is about to lose all of his buildings and has to be told what a shithead he is over and over again by normal people. This is about as bad as punishments can get for him.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Markets are about to open. I predict a bigger exodus today.... Seven cents down by close.

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/DJT:NASDAQ

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Under $20 before 10am?

Please, please please.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I hope donald remembered to remove the razor blades he hid in his FUPA yesterday :ohdear:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Cable Guy posted:

Markets are about to open. I predict a bigger exodus today.... Seven cents down by close.

Lol it's spiked to +$1.50 in pre-market, I'm sure it's going to the moon today!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Cable Guy posted:

premarket is getting pumped lmao

go go go buy buy buy buy buy

now uh SELL SELL SELL loving GET RID OF IT ALL LMAOOOOOOO

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

now watch this dive

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

kazil posted:

:mods: SEC :mods:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

It's already down $1 from it's initial $1.5 bump at open.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

e: no picture. Kazil beat me ^^

I regret to inform the audience that today's STONK rally has rolled over, farted, and died.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

DJT is desperately trying to trend positive to the positive

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

just imagine how excited the rubes were this morning when it was shooting up. $DJT has paid out billions in lols.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I don't understand how premarket works. Do certain people/companies get to trade before everyone else? Are these people buying and won't get them until 930? Because if its the later than lol.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pro starcraft loser posted:

I don't understand how premarket works. Do certain people/companies get to trade before everyone else? Are these people buying and won't get them until 930? Because if its the later than lol.

Usually it's more sophisticated investors, but there's no reason that you can't personally. There is a lot less volume pre and after market hours because you can't just place a market order, but it is not inaccessible. The lower volume means it's easier to pump up right before open and then dump your shares onto the market.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

weg posted:

Man I am glad to see the Biden camp finally getting serious about using social media to their advantage. Still not as savvy as they could be but it's a faaaaar cry better than those stilted videos of Hillary "just chillin in Cedar Rapids".

They hired Fetterman's guy to run the digital side of the campaign, and if you recall the Fetterman's campaign social media work was just constantly trolling Oz in hilarious fashion.

I tend to think that the Democrats learned from having to deal with a social media obsessed opponent who posts more words than he speaks in a day is that they absolutely can't afford to keep loving around with social media stuff like Clinton did. The "Happy Birthday to This Future President" post should be printed out with the words "ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DO THIS" over it and framed in every campaign manager's office across the country. They're also helped by the fact that despite like all of the Republican caucus are aspiring to be the poster-of-the-day, with the best of them coming off as stupid and the worst are just cringy conspiracy theorists. Like, you could grab any Mike Lee post from either of his twitter accounts and it'll be one of the best examples of secondhand embarrassment you'll ever see. Their abject stupidity and refusal to hire actual social media managers mean that even when they want to troll someone they just can't pull it off and just end up looking angry and dumb.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Lazyfire posted:

Peep the numbers

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002