Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

final job interview is in about 45 minutes...wish me luck goons

DOOMSDAY ECONOMICS has the answer for U! Tldr is the second quote.

Pussy Quipped posted:

that persons advice basically boils down to: don’t be neurodivergent and be polite and “likable” at all times. that’s how you get a job and that’s how you move up in a company. if you have good office vibes you will go far.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

normal wins again

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol employer

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

aw frig aw dang it posted:

normal wins again

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol employer

I got a medal for mine, so I'm a bit outside of my experience here. Private sector has to take that sort of injury at least somewhat seriously, right?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I got a medal for mine, so I'm a bit outside of my experience here. Private sector has to take that sort of injury at least somewhat seriously, right?

lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

:dudsmile:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

aw frig aw dang it posted:

normal wins again

i think ive been very normal in the interviews thus far

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

DOOMSDAY ECONOMICS has the answer for U! Tldr is the second quote.

HR departments are evil. No jokes on this one. loving freaks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

How many of those medals do you have?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

lobster shirt posted:

lol at this red text

Goons mad at goons for spreading facts around

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

HR departments are evil. No jokes on this one. loving freaks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My hr lady is married to a black man and has 2 kids with him, but she likes to talk about how she doesn't like black people during breaks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cuttlefush posted:

lol that that's the post junpei gets 11 years for

lol

wasn't that guy pretending to be a teen or something really weird

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My hr lady did a little dance up on hearing the death of OJ Simpson

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I call the trump thread "the HR department"

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
after computer touchers, hr ladies are second against the wall

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

My hr lady did a little dance up on hearing the death of OJ Simpson

imagine hating oj this much

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
um excuse me, "subjugate yourself to the whims of the HR department" is actually good advice :smuggo:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

the HR lady at one of my old jobs ordered us pizza with mashed potatoes on it so I must conclude that HR is ftw

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

usually you get fired

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol

wasn't that guy pretending to be a teen or something really weird

i only know junpei from the pics thread a long time ago where he'd post memes owning trump that looked like they were from babby's first center-left meme page so we just assumed he was a kid, i think

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ive simply not worked for for profit industries for the last decade so i dont have the problems you fart app developers have with corporate interference

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

usually you get fired

not true. sometimes if you don't report the injury they might give you a small treat like a pizza lunch or a free hat for being a team player. and then you get fired.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

simply take less pay to take a job supporting your community losers

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

ive simply not worked for for profit industries for the last decade so i dont have the problems you fart app developers have with corporate interference

Non-profits are just as captured by corporate interests as for-profits. Hell, more so since the top end of staff are either supported by bougie enough circumstances to not need a high income or have funneled all overhead directly into their own pockets via a series of opaque pass throughs.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

KirbyKhan posted:

Non-profits are just as captured by corporate interests as for-profits. Hell, more so since the top end of staff are either supported by bougie enough circumstances to not need a high income or have funneled all overhead directly into their own pockets via a series of opaque pass throughs.

the local children’s hunger charity is headed by oil company executives lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Mr Hootington posted:

How many of those medals do you have?

It's a single award with bars.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

HR ghoul in Doomsday Econ. Six figgie computer molesters and landlords in good company there

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

HR ghoul in Doomsday Econ. Six figgie computer molesters and landlords in good company there

he couldn't help hisself lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

he couldn't help hisself lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the trump thread being all hr freaks would be quite funny

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the trump thread being all hr freaks would be quite funny

The vibe harmonizes

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

Yup lol. There's no escaping it. Join the civil service and at absolute best you become the Means Tester (Second Grade) whose responsibility is to reject application for poverty assistance subsidies because the applicants are too poor to qualify. Maybe other places are better but all the co-ops I know of are in name only because there's a white lady with big ol dollar sign bags who actually controls it

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Even getting a cool trade means you'll spend your life being underpaid to construct rental property for landlord REITs but at least you get the personal satisfaction of producing a tangible thing through your labour. Also you get to be a chud which is ftw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
come work for the government, we're unionized and hr is terrified of getting sued for discrimination or workplace injuries

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

come work for the government, we're unionized and hr is terrified of getting sued for discrimination or workplace injuries

Been planning on this honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

final job interview is in about 45 minutes...wish me luck goons

good and normal luck to you, friend