Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Push El Burrito posted:

There is no amount of children or cats I wouldn't kill for a nice tall cool glass of premium breast milk.

And this is why you can't work at Blizzard Entertainment anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh I see the confusion. It's cyrillic cryptography. That's why it's so stupid.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh I see the confusion. It's cyrillic cryptography. That's why it's so stupid.

cyrillography.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Get rekt nerds

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha yeah totally

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Looks like Trump's signature

Hmm

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Get rekt nerds

Sometimes you just need to scribble a lot to get a pen working.

Szechuan
Mar 3, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Sometimes you just need to scribble a lot to get a pen working.

I thought the Russians used a pencil?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Szechuan posted:

I thought the Russians used a pencil?

Yes.

https://airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/saga-writing-space

Everyone did, but America made it with more freedom :patriot:

quote:

NASA paid $4,382.50 for 34 mechanical pencils from Tycam Engineering Manufacturing in Houston, or $128.89 per pencil.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

don Jaime posted:

There's a very wide gulf between "My cat wants me to share food but won't actually eat it if offered," and "...but will also attack my new child on top of that and must be locked in another room to prevent that." That is officially a bad cat and it goes to the shelter. And it doesn't need to be a nice no-kill shelter, either.

[

Cat came first and thus has seniority so if anything the kid should be sent to the shelter.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

don Jaime posted:

There's a very wide gulf between "My cat wants me to share food but won't actually eat it if offered," and "...but will also attack my new child on top of that and must be locked in another room to prevent that." That is officially a bad cat and it goes to the shelter. And it doesn't need to be a nice no-kill shelter, either.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Didn't know Chris Pratt posted here

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Butterfly Valley posted:

Didn't know Chris Pratt posted here

lmao goddamn

quote:

As per the Gawker article, Pratt tried to give away Mrs. White, the 15-year-old cat that he and then-wife Anna Faris shared, on Penny Saver and on Twitter. "Anyone in the LA area want a cat?" Pratt wrote in a since-deleted tweet, via People. "Full disclosure, she's old and prone to accidents. So sweet though."

He faced severe backlash from Twitter users and cat lovers alike for trying to give the feline up to any stranger who would take her.

His explanation for getting rid of the aging and incontinent cat as per his blog was: "Bottom line, and not that this is any of your f**king business weirdos, but my wife and I want to start a family and we ABSOLUTELY CANNOT have an animal that s**ts all over the house. Sorry. If you are a parent you will understand. And if not, that probably explains why you have such a hard on for cats. Just sayin'."

what a choice for the voice of Garfield

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Haha holy poo poo, how is he such an rear end in a top hat

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Haha holy poo poo, how is he such an rear end in a top hat

because he’s a weird rear end fundie, op

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rehoming a pet that might be difficult or hazardous around newborn children seems fairly reasonable

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I have multiple ten to fifteen year old cats and their reactions to my 3 year old niece range from indifference to "oh right you're the one who drops food regularly, I'mma follow you around". If the cat is acting hazardous, it's probably because Pratt is being a dick to it and it's reacting to him.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It's not even that it was acting badly it was literally just old and a bit incontinent. I can't even begin to imagine how soulless you'd have to be to entertain abandoning a cat you've had in your family for its entire existence just because you're not willing to deal with their end of life decline in a respectful way.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's not even that it was acting badly it was literally just old and a bit incontinent. I can't even begin to imagine how soulless you'd have to be to entertain abandoning a cat you've had in your family for its entire existence just because you're not willing to deal with their end of life decline in a respectful way.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

because he’s a weird rear end fundie, op

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Rehoming a pet that might be difficult or hazardous around newborn children seems fairly reasonable

There's a difference. The difference is between a hunting dog (or dissocialized large dog) that keeps looking at small humans the way polar bears look at seals, and a grumpy pensioner dog or house cat being a cat.

It appears to me most of us reacting are really arguing how bad people can't be allowed to care for any pet in the first place only not saying the words out loud. It's not really the rejected animal who needs to be someone else's problem, more the rejecting human who needs a therapist to teach them to be kind.
Also that you can't buy love or a pet but you can pay a finders fee for a loveable friend and you need to act like it

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Yeah but the responsible way to do that is not offer it to literally any stranger on the Internet for free. That's how you end up getting your cat killed by freaks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If the animal is leaving feces around and can't control it, even if it is very sweet that is a health hazard to a baby.

Didn't get me wrong, Pratt absolutely is a poo poo to animals. He has abandoned dogs when he moved before. Just left them in the street.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's not even that it was acting badly

That cat was an excellent actor, it had a co-starring role in Stuart Little before Pratt's wife Anna Faris adopted it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdOgihoZjZY

Didn't get me wrong, Pratt absolutely is a poo poo to animals. He has abandoned dogs when he moved before. Just left them in the street.
They also gave away one of their dogs because their kid was allegedly allergic to it and it was later found malnourished and living on the street, they've got a terrible track record with pets
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/why-anna-faris-former-dog-was-once-found-homeless-on-the-street.html/

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Pickled Tink posted:

Cats have a remarkable ability to be endearing even when engaging in acts of calculated bastardry.

This indeed the entirety of how they moved past “tool that lives outside to eat mice in the granaries” to “housepet afforded child-like status”

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

The humane choice for an elderly incontinent blind cat who is not meshing well with the family anymore: take it yourself to the vet and have it put to sleep with you giving it snuggles. Don’t loving rehome it at that age, that’s cruel

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Well since my post brought out the future cspam permabanned cat hater earlier, I'll say the cat they had was 10 and it wasn't a known reaction to the baby. It took about 3 weeks for them to train the cat to stop doing it and kid is now 5 and drags the cat around everywhere because they're best friends.

Hell we have one of our dogs because the original owner was shocked and appalled that an 8 month old, 70lb dog might knock their toddler over.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
When I was born my mom was told very seriously by multiple people that she had to get rid of her cat because it would steal the baby's breath. At least last century they had the good sense to hide lovely anti-cat feelings behind superstition.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Tristesse posted:

When I was born my mom was told very seriously by multiple people that she had to get rid of her cat because it would steal the baby's breath. At least last century they had the good sense to hide lovely anti-cat feelings behind superstition.

You can train them to only steal little a breath.

as a treat

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I believe the hierarchy of Chrises is still:

Evans
Hemsworth/Pine

Pratt

That list is not necessarily linear.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

dialhforhero posted:

I believe the hierarchy of Chrises is still:

Elliot

Evans
Hemsworth/Pine

Pratt

Benoit

That list is not necessarily linear.

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004
To our 55lb black lab, our newborn was just something interesting to sniff. When our kid started eating in a high chair, he was the magic good food source, and the 55lbs went to 60lbs.

Now that our kid is 5, he's the one with the energy to sprint across the yard and throw a tennis ball for hours on end, so the lab is 55lbs again

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andos El Pantos posted:

To our 55lb black lab, our newborn was just something interesting to sniff. When our kid started eating in a high chair, he was the magic good food source, and the 55lbs went to 60lbs.

Now that our kid is 5, he's the one with the energy to sprint across the yard and throw a tennis ball for hours on end, so the lab is 55lbs again

Your dog ate 5 lbs of your child?!? :stonk:

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004
Tragic but we made it through. Still not enough to make us rehome the dog

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Benoit.

oof_load_large.jpg

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No it's true, cats loving love stealing baby breath. As long as your cat can't open doors you should be fine

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
:stare:

https://i.imgur.com/DVsRurV.mp4

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
"We don't want an animal that shits uncontrollably all over the house so we're having a child."
Good plan.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Buttchocks posted:

"We don't want an animal that shits uncontrollably all over the house so we're having a child."
Good plan.

I wonder what they did to the baby when they found out about that little detail? Probably Craigslist or something.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

guy who abandons pets to protect HIS FAMILY abandoned his family to marry a Kennedy, who he then publicly thanked for finally giving him a healthy child

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Takes No Damage posted:

Get rekt nerds

Oh hey! I think I saw these guys in ‘97 with Dethroned and Cradle of Filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

God Hole posted:

guy who abandons pets to protect HIS FAMILY abandoned his family to marry a Kennedy, who he then publicly thanked for finally giving him a healthy child

Jesus christ