Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

Can anyone see what I'm missing from my museum collection? The collections pages for artifacts and minerals are both full but Gunther won't cough up his stardrop and the achievement won't fire

Marble

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Marble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Thank you! No idea why it's in my collections page with the full description, I thought you had to donate it to get that?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wafflecopper posted:

Thank you! No idea why it's in my collections page with the full description, I thought you had to donate it to get that?

I think the collections page is just what you've picked up. So if you got Marble and sold it without donating it, it would be in your collection but not in the museum.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Looking for an old post of mine and noticed this, from April 2023

https://twitter.com/concernedape/status/1647638975568568320

For the lucky non-twitter havers:

quote:

There is going to be a Stardew 1.6 update. It's mostly changes for modders (which will make it easier & more powerful to mod). But there is also new game content, albeit much less than 1.5. I'm taking a break from Haunted Chocolatier to work on this at the moment. Then back to HC

He really is just the gift that keeps on giving.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

that sounds intensely unfun, sometimes i dont get how people do some things for fun tho so ymmv

Sloober fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 16, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I'm nonbinary. I installed a neat Gender Neutrality mod to adjust the gendered language that characters use to refer to you ingame. Beyond just pronouns, you can alter terms like "mrs.", "sir", etc with a custom screen, and it's quite nice. I was struggling to think of a good gender neutral alternative to "lad/lass" and my friend made a joking suggestion, which I put in assuming no one would use it but Willy, who already felt a little Scottish.

Completely forgot about that conversation until getting this cutscene today and it really knocked me on my rear end

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
i would expect that from krobus on a friday

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Anybody having their spouse tell them "Good night, Hot Stuff?" when they go to bed? I'm not sure I buy it for all partners. Shane? Definitely. Sam? Probably. Sebastian? Perhaps semi-ironically. But Elliott? He would sooner chop off the pinky on his writing hand than use such uncouth language to address his beloved!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My spouse and I hardly speak to each other once I got them to 14 hearts.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I think I said this before but at the flower dance, when I was married to Maru, she said "after this can we just go home and snuggle?" Which is literally how my wife IRL handles social events like that so it felt very true to life

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm nonbinary. I installed a neat Gender Neutrality mod to adjust the gendered language that characters use to refer to you ingame. Beyond just pronouns, you can alter terms like "mrs.", "sir", etc with a custom screen, and it's quite nice. I was struggling to think of a good gender neutral alternative to "lad/lass" and my friend made a joking suggestion, which I put in assuming no one would use it but Willy, who already felt a little Scottish.

Completely forgot about that conversation until getting this cutscene today and it really knocked me on my rear end

lmao jeez

that's not equivalent to lad/lass!! :lmao:

I'd probably use 'kid' if the speaker were roughly American-sounding. But yours works too

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

1.6 on switch when

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Tiny Myers posted:

Who knew that George was British?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

C*** is still very, very strong language here, btw, especially if aimed at a woman. I see it getting spread around in some places online that it's an acceptable word in the UK and that *reeaally* depends on the company you're in.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think they use it as punctuation over there

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It means the exact same thing they just use it more

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
If you're a certain British weight loss dude who keeps showing up in my Youtube shorts reel it's pretty much punctuation.

If you're Stephanie Sterling though it's skeleton warriors. Skeletal warriors? Something like that.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
As an American my sensibility is that it's more common in Australia, not necessarily the UK.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I think I said this before but at the flower dance, when I was married to Maru, she said "after this can we just go home and snuggle?" Which is literally how my wife IRL handles social events like that so it felt very true to life

10/10 top quality wife.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

HopperUK posted:

C*** is still very, very strong language here, btw, especially if aimed at a woman. I see it getting spread around in some places online that it's an acceptable word in the UK and that *reeaally* depends on the company you're in.

At first I thought you were sensoring the other C-word: "Clint", which I approve of

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

ILL Machina posted:

As an American my sensibility is that it's more common in Australia, not necessarily the UK.

As a Brit I advise Americans to stop speculating on something they don't know about and think this whole topic is better avoided because it never leads to good places on these forums

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

counterfeitsaint posted:

10/10 top quality wife.

She really is.

Maru is good too

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Butterfly Valley posted:

As a Brit I advise Americans to stop speculating on something they don't know about and think this whole topic is better avoided because it never leads to good places on these forums

As an American, I refuse to take advice from the Brits. I'll say that I'll do my own research and then won't, thank you very much.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Tiny Myers posted:

I use the same mod and for the life of me I never knew what "Service Formal Noun" was on the config menu so I just put in whatever. I had never seen it used until I finally went the Joja route:

And you know what? I deserved it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

HopperUK posted:

Yeah, I'm an American and the only reason it's in my vocabulary is from watching a lot of, say, Limmy streaming on Twitch + having brit friends. Sorry to make you wear the mod hat, Hopper, I know it's historically been a hot topic on SA, but I figured it'd probably be okay in context under a spoiler tag because it's funny/unexpected and not being used to slur someone in a gendered way per se. Something something diversity win, an old man called you c*nt but as a gender-neutral noun

Col. Roy Campbell posted:

I use the same mod and for the life of me I never knew what "Service Formal Noun" was on the config menu so I just put in whatever. I had never seen it used until I finally went the Joja route:

holy loving poo poo lmao

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

AG3 posted:

If you're a certain British weight loss dude who keeps showing up in my Youtube shorts reel it's pretty much punctuation.

If this is the guy I'm thinking of and he heard you call him 'British' he'd very likely apply the epithet to you.
(he's Irish)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Col. Roy Campbell posted:

thread title in there

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Stardew Valley 1.6: Joja Community Paypig.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Stardew Valley 1.6: I've got the Joja Farm for you, paypig

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

HopperUK posted:

so, uh, this is when i realize what the UK in your name stands for

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I need a mod to fix a personal nitpick that just bugs me. I want to make the ducks white. The default ducks in the game are clearly mallards (which are wild ducks, not domesticated). Furthermore, only male mallards have green heads. Domesticated ducks are typically white. It bugs me more than it probably should!

I found a Nexus Mod called "White Ducks" but it hasn't been updated since 2016. Anybody have something more up to date? I only need to change the ducks. Everything else is fine.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

I need a mod to fix a personal nitpick that just bugs me. I want to make the ducks white. The default ducks in the game are clearly mallards (which are wild ducks, not domesticated). Furthermore, only male mallards have green heads. Domesticated ducks are typically white. It bugs me more than it probably should!

I found a Nexus Mod called "White Ducks" but it hasn't been updated since 2016. Anybody have something more up to date? I only need to change the ducks. Everything else is fine.

Elle's Cuter Coop Animals has a billion options for skins of all kinds

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Radia posted:

so, uh, this is when i realize what the UK in your name stands for

lmao yeah, it's a relic of ancient days of the internet, where it was actually kinda rare to come across someone else from the UK online because the whole place was Americans wall to wall.

Also I would never, ever use Clint as an insult, there's just no call for that kinda language

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

HopperUK posted:

lmao yeah, it's a relic of ancient days of the internet, where it was actually kinda rare to come across someone else from the UK online because the whole place was Americans wall to wall.

Also I would never, ever use Clint as an insult, there's just no call for that kinda language

that's such a clint thing to say

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sloober posted:

that's such a clint thing to say

why you!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m a nice guy, I swear!!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Wait. You can feed carrots to your Horse? And it gives them a speed boost??

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Daztek posted:

Elle's Cuter Coop Animals has a billion options for skins of all kinds

Wow that mod has so many options! Thank you. I will save it for later. Unfortunately I think having to edit a Notepad config file on a Deck would be kind of a pain. I do have a mouse and keyboard for it but eh...

Instead I had a gander through mods that had similar tags, and there are SO MANY animal mods. Seriously so many. I found two that will probably work. One makes ducks yellow, which sounds cute, and another just recolors them to look like female mallards instead of male.

I was seriously tempted by one that changes your horse to an ostrich. Rideable ostrich?! Heck yeah.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

Wow that mod has so many options! Thank you. I will save it for later. Unfortunately I think having to edit a Notepad config file on a Deck would be kind of a pain. I do have a mouse and keyboard for it but eh...

Instead I had a gander through mods that had similar tags, and there are SO MANY animal mods. Seriously so many. I found two that will probably work. One makes ducks yellow, which sounds cute, and another just recolors them to look like female mallards instead of male.

I was seriously tempted by one that changes your horse to an ostrich. Rideable ostrich?! Heck yeah.

If you have Generic Mod Config Menu installed, there should be an in-game settings menu for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Solumin posted:

Wait. You can feed carrots to your Horse? And it gives them a speed boost??

wait what

whatttttt