Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

DJT is the worst thing to happen to this thread. easily

Thank you for this Truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Want a Trump rap with hand-crafted lyrics inspired by this very thread? Sure you do! https://www.udio.com/songs/c7KUG8QBw92qLT92UNdxJ1

zone
Dec 6, 2016

They'll go to their graves thinking themselves to be the "silent majority" no matter how clear it gets that it's the electoral college that lets these fossils have any say at all.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dapper_Swindler posted:

some preem cope right there choom.
By forcing Trump to spend every day sitting in a courtroom scowling while his crimes are being adjudicated, you liberalz are playing right into his hands. He is absolutely tugging you around by your puppet strings and you dumbasses can't even see it! Checkmate, losers.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1780649330048684114
https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1780649332057743476

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am curious how bad they will lose the state races. they keep loving up easy lay ups for the gop to play "look we are compromising"

In the 2022 Arizona election, Senate seats that went R by less than 5% or were uncontested:
Senate District 2: 51.8% v 48.2%
Senate District 10: 61.1%, no Dem candidate. Independent took remaining votes.
Senate District 13: 51.7% v 41.9%
Senate District 14: 97.6%, no opponent at all.
Senate District 17: 51.2% v 48.8%
Senate District 19: 100%, no opponent at all.
Senate District 25: 100%, no opponent at all.
Senate District 30: 100%, no opponent at all.

The house is kinda harder to call because each district select 2 from however many are running, and most districts only had 3, and a few were uncontested.

IMO the following house districts were close, but won by R's.

District 17 where R's won with 25 and 26 percent, D's lost with 23 and 24 percent.
District 23 maybe, 3rd place Dem got 30%
District 27, Dem with 31%

The rest of the house seats were either uncontested, or the Dem that was in 3rd place was down 5+ percent to the 2nd place R.

Is it flippable? Absolutely. I think a couple of senate seats are more likely than most house seats, but a couple house seats appear to be vulnerable.

Edit: I have no idea how many uncontested seats in both houses are because the gerrymandering is so bad that the Dems just consider them unwinnable (same with some seats that the Dems are unopposed, for the other side).

The Locator fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 17, 2024

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i was just curious.

Just to be clear, I wasn’t criticizing you DS. I know you’re good people.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Do it you coward! :dogbutton:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dems will almost certainly keep Johnson safe if Ukraine aid passes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hey they are thinking about the long term consequences of their decisions,

If they did this earlier then this wouldn’t be a problem

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

beef sweat posted:

I AIN’T NEVER SEEN NO TRUCK WITH A BIDEN FLAG ON IT

paradoxically these same people believe anyone who doesn't like Trump must be 100% slavishly devoted to Biden

like I'm sorry only one side is doing a bunch of meth then storming congress waving flags of their god king

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Lmao GAETZ SUBMITS IN DISGRACE is the next headline for the GOP newsletter

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol Gaetz cucked

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

beef sweat posted:

I AIN’T NEVER SEEN NO TRUCK WITH A BIDEN FLAG ON IT

I have some interaction with a dude who legitimately uses this argument constantly. Look at the huge crowds going to see Trump! Biden doesn't have crowds like that! No way Biden got 81 million votes, he doesn't draw crowds!

He just doesn't get it when I say "yeah, we don't worship our dude and just wanted and end to Cheeto in the office".

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Locator posted:

I have some interaction with a dude who legitimately uses this argument constantly. Look at the huge crowds going to see Trump! Biden doesn't have crowds like that! No way Biden got 81 million votes, he doesn't draw crowds!

He just doesn't get it when I say "yeah, we don't worship our dude and just wanted and end to Cheeto in the office".

They really looked at his 2016 win and massively overestimated his popularity, huh

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

Lol Gaetz cucked

Gaetzkeeping

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1780678198667182555

quote:

Trump visited a Harlem bodega to highlight his campaign’s emphasis on crime. In coverage of the event, New Yorkers could be seen cheering, singing, and chanting for Trump. Pro-Trump, right wing media and MAGA Republicans have used clips of the crowd as evidence that Black and Hispanic voters are turning to Trump in heavily Democratic areas.

As it turns out, this event wasn’t a spontaneous visit. In fact, it was organized by a pro-Trump group, the New York Young Republican Club (NYYRC). Members of the club can be seen at the Harlem bodega location ahead of Trump’s visit and can be seen in the crowd later where they led chants.

On Twitter, Gavin Wax, the president of the NYYRC, also took credit for bringing Trump to the Harlem bodega. Wax posted pictures of himself with NYYRC members waiting for Trump to arrive to the Bodega. The NYYRC knew ahead of time and stationed their people at the event.

:rubby:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
:lmao: that the majority party has fears of fumbling the Speaker to the minority party somehow, this is not a single party anymore

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LMAO Getting rid of McCarthy shot themselves in the foot. Good game, loser.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

We haven't voted for a Republican President since 1984 and voted against Trump twice, but sure.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Why would the Democrats vote to oust Mike when he just keeps giving them everything they want I wouldn't want to vote him out either

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

:lmao: that the majority party has fears of fumbling the Speaker to the minority party somehow, this is not a single party anymore
It’s really more of the Screaming White Honkeys with residual business criminals providing them with a narrow majority

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I can't believe this is happening to Governor Lake

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

wow who's the idiot that caused that? lmaooooooo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kazil posted:

Legal Eagle? More like TURD BIRD

Next time I see you use bird as a pejorative you’re getting a perma

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Spoken like a true Russian plant masquerading as an American politician, Gaetz.

God I wish they would just hurry up with the dig into this freak’s skeevy money trails and toss his rear end into prison (or at least out of Congress).

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Strong Sauce posted:

Legal Eagle lives in a nice home so he's canceled. Sorry guys I don't make the rules.

Thank god I bought this LegalEagle Tattoo on the installment plan.

It just says legal now....maybe I could start wearing a big rastafarian hat and just change it to Legalize it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So Romney voted for impeachment huh? After doing his "I miiiiiiiggghht vote no, if we debate and decorum and preen the distinguished gray wings in our hair :lofty:" junket

shockedpickachu

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Data Graham posted:

So Romney voted for impeachment huh? After doing his "I miiiiiiiggghht vote no, if we debate and decorum and preen the distinguished gray wings in our hair :lofty:" junket

shockedpickachu

He'll say he wanted to at least debate the articles rather than a dismissal first thing.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why is Arizona so hosed? Like southern states, okay I get it, but why is Arizona so bad too? is it all old people who dont want to retire to florida?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nooner posted:

Why is Arizona so hosed? Like southern states, okay I get it, but why is Arizona so bad too? is it all old people who dont want to retire to florida?

bingo

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

The worst of the worst Boomer shitheads from California move there because they're Republicans and they wanna live in a safe space.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Antifa stands for "Anti-FAir trial for Donald Trump"

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Nooner posted:

There are also a lot of fuckin weirdos who buy a shack in the desert to store all their guns and dirt bikes and stuff in. See: one of my first bosses, who was a real piece of poo poo

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Trump could really rake it in by skimming 5% from every candidate invoking his name in an ad. I don’t even remember who the R’s running for senator in Ohio are because every single advertisement was “I’m a Trump Republican who supports Trump to Trump the trump Trump Trump.

No policy, no personality. Just TRUMP.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

So Gaetz fucks children during ecstasy parties but supporting an innocent nation under attack is a moral bridge too far. Got it, I'm writing this down.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah Florida gets the old retiree chuds from New York and Chicago and Milwaukee, Arizona is where the ones from LA and SF and Seattle go.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But three hundred days of sunshine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Maybe if you took your meds the undercover liberal activists in the walls will go away