Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

ManBoyChef posted:

Thank god I bought this LegalEagle Tattoo on the installment plan.

It just says legal now....maybe I could start wearing a big rastafarian hat and just change it to Legalize it.

That is mad post/username synergy

e: a terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Nooner posted:

Why is Arizona so hosed? Like southern states, okay I get it, but why is Arizona so bad too? is it all old people who dont want to retire to florida?

From what I understand Arizona and New Mexico used to be a single territory and Arizona is the part that sided with the Confederacy in the Civil War which is why they're split.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Captain Fargle posted:

From what I understand Arizona and New Mexico used to be a single territory and Arizona is the part that sided with the Confederacy in the Civil War which is why they're split.

The Civil War — what an unbelievable war that was. So horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Yeah Florida gets the old retiree chuds from New York and Chicago and Milwaukee, Arizona is where the ones from LA and SF and Seattle go.

We ran blue for the Obama years and then turned into a safe haven for migrant chuds. Everyone with the gumption to escape flipped GA instead.

Now this bullshit place for bullshit people (myself included) is Red as can be.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

zone posted:

Maybe if you took your meds the undercover liberal activists in the walls will go away

"The Libs in the Walls" feels like a horror story that would have been written by a slightly less racist version of HP Lovecraft

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Sedgr posted:

New LegalEagle is :discourse: I love Liz. :lol:

Oh my god they mentioned the pig balls

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Fishmasher posted:

The Civil War — what an unbelievable war that was. So horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways.

The South lost because they were fighting uphill, towards the North. In spite of all the really great Generals crying not to, the leaders made that critical mistake. :sad:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Almost Smart posted:

Trump could really rake it in by skimming 5% from every candidate invoking his name in an ad. I don’t even remember who the R’s running for senator in Ohio are because every single advertisement was “I’m a Trump Republican who supports Trump to Trump the trump Trump Trump.

No policy, no personality. Just TRUMP.

JD Vance, the scumfuck behind “hillbilly elegy”?

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Sedgr posted:

New LegalEagle is :discourse: I love Liz. :lol:

Posting from a few pages back, but everyone should be listening to Liz Dye's podcast Law and Chaos. Breaks down all the Trumbo legal stuff in a really listenable and informative fashion, all interspersed with Liz just fuckin tearing Habba a new one every chance she gets.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

You have to remember that the west was settled by loving weirdos and blood thirsty maniacs. Their descendants are seemingly still this way

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

IshmaelZarkov posted:

Posting from a few pages back, but everyone should be listening to Liz Dye's podcast Law and Chaos. Breaks down all the Trumbo legal stuff in a really listenable and informative fashion, all interspersed with Liz just fuckin tearing Habba a new one every chance she gets.

I just listened to the new Law and Chaos epsiode (with Zach Everson where they went down a Trump corruption bullshit memory lane). Liz Dye is a treasure

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Beastie posted:

You have to remember that the west was settled by loving weirdos and blood thirsty maniacs. Their descendants are seemingly still this way

Don't forget religious zealots!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hazo posted:

Just to be clear, I wasn’t criticizing you DS. I know you’re good people.

I know.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Beastie posted:

East coast too

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

These are the same people, who back in 2020, were posting all kinds of jerk-off session poo poo like how California was going to flip red and that 2020 was going to be a record breaking EV landslide for Trump. I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else but I remember seeing an election map one of them made where the only blue states were Vermont and Hawaii or something. It was a prediction they took seriously. They're children who cannot comprehend that just because they personally think that Transformers are the coolest thing ever that there are other people who want to play with other things. It's not even fantasy. They just cannot understand what Trump looks like through a lot more people's eyes that aren't theirs.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lmao, "A LIVING MARTYR".

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tek79 posted:

They're children who cannot comprehend that just because they personally think that Transformers are the coolest thing ever that there are other people who want to play with other things. It's not even fantasy. They just cannot understand what Trump looks like through a lot more people's eyes that aren't theirs.

https://youtu.be/MCnxz3ClX70

Gets me every time

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Nooner posted:

Why is Arizona so hosed? Like southern states, okay I get it, but why is Arizona so bad too? is it all old people who dont want to retire to florida?

Not all but yeah, lots of retirees from California that move here to live like 'Muricans without being too far from the stuff they still love about CA. Rich white guys that buy 3 acre lots and new-build some McMansion on it with an RV garage and put up "Welcome to [surname] Ranch!" signs at the front of their driveway. For lack of a better way to put it there are also a ton of rural redneck types and people who pretend to be them. Something to keep in mind though it did go blue in 2020, and we have a (D) Governor. People are pissed about the abortion ruling too.

tek79 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 17, 2024

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Don't forget religious zealots!

Yeah there's tons of land to build mega-church complexes

And nobody's mentioned the wave of bigots who moved over in the 90s when the old-timey racist used-car salesman governor cancelled MLK Jr day

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Beastie posted:

Arizona is 90% people who moved from the East Coast in the last 20-30 years for better weather and a lower cost of living.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
TMZ: ‘RHONJ' STAR SIGGY FLICKER - STEPSON ARRESTED OVER JAN. 6 ... She Posted Capitol Pics

Sorry about the TMZ link, but that’s loving hilarious.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lol yes, turn the gop into a mlm scam.

loving hilarious

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Does anyone have a dollar figure for Ukraine aid? They better be getting brinks trucks dropping from the sky after how much we have dicked Ukraine around

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad I don't recognize any of those words

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/shrimpJAJ/status/1780276341021061590
Apparently this is longer: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C51Gg4fgp6D/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

cr0y posted:

Does anyone have a dollar figure for Ukraine aid? They better be getting brinks trucks dropping from the sky after how much we have dicked Ukraine around

$43B I think?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Fishmasher posted:

Civil wow

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

free hubcaps posted:

Turd Dispersal Syndrome

i feel seen

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

cr0y posted:

It was $45-50B.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y posted:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

At this point I wonder if either Trpum or one of his moronic sycophants, will commission a martyrdom painting of him and try to sell it to other gullible morons to raise legal money

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I know I’m way late but his “I thought there unlimited strikes in jury selection” poo poo is just obscene. He seriously believed he could drag it out indefinitely by striking juror after juror.

Just another example of how every day for years now he has had to wake up and see that yet again, the world is not the way he wishes it to be. Very unfair!

So yet again he must scream into the social media void about how it *should* be, or how he thought it was, was “told” it was, etc.

Tomorrow, the same thing will happen to him. And it will never, ever end.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Barometer posted:

The South lost because they were fighting uphill, towards the North. In spite of all the really great Generals crying not to, the leaders made that critical mistake. :sad:

It's well known fact that north is always uphill.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

MrMojok posted:

I know I’m way late but his “I thought there unlimited strikes in jury selection” poo poo is just obscene. He seriously believed he could drag it out indefinitely by striking juror after juror.

Just another example of how every day for years now he has had to wake up and see that yet again, the world is not the way he wishes it to be. Very unfair!

So yet again he must scream into the social media void about how it *should* be, or how he thought it was, was “told” it was, etc.

Tomorrow, the same thing will happen to him. And it will never, ever end.

I'm more interested in seeing how our big wet boy of a former President will react if he has to go cold turkey from social media, for even one day.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

zone posted:

They'll go to their graves thinking themselves to be the "silent majority" no matter how clear it gets that it's the electoral college that lets these fossils have any say at all.

The amount of shouting and wild celebration in the streets when Trump lost was something else. Clearly that was the vocal minority, while most of NYC is deep, deep red. Just like the rest of the country!! I am a very smart person :smugbert:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

He is so great at the senseless rambling it's awesome.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Why is this dude unable to do his little trump make-em-up while standing still somewhere

Apparently he is so booked up with appointments, he has to do his meandering speech while going from DoorDash delivery to DoorDash delivery

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Why is this dude unable to do his little trump make-em-up while standing still somewhere

Apparently he is so booked up with appointments, he has to do his meandering speech while going from DoorDash delivery to DoorDash delivery

He's a cast member on SNL.. so yes maybe he's a little busy. also who the gently caress cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Said it before but I loving love The Good Liars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2RjBtcZ-s