Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I'm not going to pay attention to any CareMad posting as I'm angry enough with irl poo poo as it is. I'll gladly do a Josef vote if people are down for it, but I would rather vote out the AI gimmick poster first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
but seriously this happens way too often and i kinda think we as a community need to sit down and think "What are we doing that's prompting this" postgame because it's not fun to read and i'm -sure- it's not fun to post

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am legit bailing for the night, other people feel free to keep engaging.

FoS, Sandwolf, and maybe PMuzz are my lingering scumreads.

I'll be back before deadline if I'm not flipped by then.

Do not really care or give a gently caress what the masonry is doing, they probably still want Tokes, and I said I was gonna read it but I'm just too loving mad at this point

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

b-minus1 posted:

Do cpig games ever have multiple scum teams I can’t remember

Why you say this?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

You realize that 0% of the kills last night were chosen by any player?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'm good with Monathin or token female at this point, but fos' posting has left me with some lingering doubts, hence my curiosity from you beet

Now that mona has cooled down a bit

##vote monathin

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I legitimately don’t understand why me sassing a 90 page thread gets you all so in your feelings and defensive? Sincerely. What on earth?

Have you got any posting vacation days coming up?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

Have you got any posting vacation days coming up?

I’m replacing out and also have no interest in engaging with you

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Dans Macabre posted:

I sure was! I'm immune to roleblocks and jails for night 2.

Then why do you think a living player got your vig?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Why are you out here catching strays for the most loving posts in a game?

What?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

:(
Hope you feel better soon dude.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Sandy i'm sorry if I made you made sending you positive vibes

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

This game has had more posts than loving periodic table mafia dude

It's amazing I'm keeping up this time

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

Jesus Christ I forgot someone was writing posts with AI, yeah, no, but I’m scum for lurking when THATS the kinda bullshit going on in this game

Did someone say you are lurking?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Umm did Mona just self vote for like 2 people casing them? I know loud posters can seem like they have more power than normal but they still just have 1 vote. I didn't see that many people calling you scum, Mona

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I would rather you push back against the scum on your vote such as Josef

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tom Tucker posted:

OK folks I have caught up with the thread! I still agree Monathin is likely to be scum, the claim does not really convince me otherwise. I am re-reading the vote movements from day 1, as b-minus actually wanted to point out from the votes (b-minus town vibes for actually focusing on votes) we have a lot of data, I think this was the critical point. I will link to the posts to not fill up this post:

Apr 14, 19:58

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058113&userid=165876#post538947615

Wins 5, Dominoes 4, JoseF 3, Mon / AFQ / PM / PQ at 2. AFQ and Keats are the most recent votes on wins. At this point wins is a clear vote leader, but had not posted until April 13th. This was the moment Dans was shot. Some notable things happen after this. This is not a complete list, but I am leaving out things like PQ voting for Monathin.

1) Tokes votes for Dominoes, bringing both to 5 votes.
2) PM votes for TPC, a relatively harmless vote.
3) Monathin votes away (to Hal) and then back onto Dominoes.
4) Monathin and TPC do a hard switch onto Opop
5) Lih and FoS vote for TPC

Among these I see all of them as relatively scum-leaning. As the case on wins died down we saw a lot of movement onto a lot of other players. At least one, TPC, we know is town. Another, Dominoes, was a leading contender around the wins vote.

I thus feel good about Dominoes, as I doubt we had two scum in the leading position, and when wins was on top I imagine more scum moving to votes away from him. This could be TPC or Dominoes, but since they'd want to move away from scum, this makes me feel good about Dominoes.

Now correlating this with the YPM push day 2:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058113&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=70#post538982896

Now that we know results last night were hosed the odds are YPM is town, just from a statistical perspective. We can't rule out YPM is scum, obviously, but we can examine the resulting movement in that context.

We have quick responses:

B-minus "nice"
JoseF "This fits with them joining my wrongtown pq case, but it does seem a bit risky for scum to do this knowing pq would flip town eventually" this hits me as scummy because it equivocates - it both makes sense but also is risky so doesn't make sense. Having it both ways. Encourages the bandwagon (which has not yet started) but also sets an out.
Dominoes votes for YPM
FoS votes YPM
Multiple people (FoS, bminus, josef) suggest Dominoes is fast-bussing YPM.

Now this is the part that hit me, because JoseF responds with an equivocating response, but then laughs about Dominoes bussing. This reads like a scum response to me - trying to have it both ways but then also laughing about how obvious an execution it is and encouraging chain executions. Yes it was jokey, but it had the effect.

As the bandwagon builds JoseF does not vote but encourages the bandwagon, with a:

post at YPM. Cheerleading a bandwagon.

Now rewinding to Day 1, here's what JoseF had to say about wins:

"Also wins wtf you've had ample time to post by now wya"

PM advocates a wins turbo, and JoseF calls the whole post "wishy washy".

Then when wins comes back JoseF does a lot of work to engage with them directly:

Ultimately settles on Hal for a vote, while mentioning Hal seems "pretty set on wins".

The large post JoseF made includes a lot of references to wins but no opinions about wins. The whole day reads as someone looking to prod a scumbuddy and avoid interacting with them meaningfully while interacting with them tangentially.

Because of JoseF's behavior around the YPM turbo attempt and their behavior with wins day 1 I think JoseF is scum.

##vote JoseF

Also here are some wild card posts and why I feel they are scummy:

Distracting town with flavor discussion.

The "hammer reminder" - scum get excited when town is almost executed, that last vote can feel so far away, and reminding the town vote can feel like they're just helping the town.

The "mea culpa" to outflank any blame.

Glad to be caught up!

Hmmmmm!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Keats posted:

I would rather you push back against the scum on your vote such as Josef

Toms the first one to bother building a case on me rather than just drive by sussing

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Jose Valasquez posted:

That was just Sandwolf, do one big read post instead of a dozen small read posts imo!

That wasn't even Sandwolf. It was TPC who is dead and probably YPM at some point

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

JosefStalinator posted:

Toms the first one to bother building a case on me rather than just drive by sussing

We love that for him

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I'm willing to accept embarrassment for saying Mona is obviously town

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote zzyx

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Monathin posted:

I'm going to be as crystal clear about my arguments to everyone not Fool of Sound so that people can draw conclusions on this.

- On Day 1, after the Dans incident, I specifically voted opop, with the reasoning that they were hanging on the fringes and did something scum do all the time when lurking (evolve a joke vote into a real vote)
- Instead of communicating that this is in line with Opop's play in Kitchen Mafia, Fool of Sound instead decided to cast shade on me and TPC (the ones voting Opop), and indeed any lurker voting from that point forward. This covers both Opop and Wins (who Fool of Sound also did not vote for).
- Now, during Day 2, Fool of Sound says Opop is his backup scumread besides myself, citing that his "semi-hostile lurkposting" is in line with his play during Kitchen Mafia, in which Opop was scum.
- He did not volunteer this information during Day 1, because it would have undermined his suspicions on me (when I would be a convenient push target for the next day), as well as put Wins in jeopardy of being the exe target again.

Fool of Sound is scum.

Good post

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

fool of sound posted:

High on my probably scum list, but below mona who I think is just dead to rights scum.

This thought process without considering that it would have between two scum lurkers on day 1 for Mona anyway follows from Mona's case

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

FoS is trying to fit Mona into a caseable box. Mona hit the bullseye calling out FoS as inconsistent here

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

hambeet posted:

I also think town should never vote.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

hambeet posted:

The game is quiet because tpc died and I finally got some vyvanse after a months long world wide shortage.

Hell yeah brother Vyvanse buds

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m having a bad one lately. Maybe I’m having a stroke.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

saladscooper posted:

but seriously this happens way too often and i kinda think we as a community need to sit down and think "What are we doing that's prompting this" postgame because it's not fun to read and i'm -sure- it's not fun to post

I’ve seen this said off and on over the years but I don’t think anyone actually sits down to have the conversation.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Monathin posted:

Alright, legitimately, I'm not looking at this thread the rest of the night, it's stressing me out.

People should actually talk about poo poo while I'm not there but nothing will probably get done and I'll vote myself tomorrow and y'all can carry on with w/e this game ends up being.

Bro calm downnn

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Illusionis replaces sandwolf!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I think it's fine and healthy to express our emotions in mafia games. As long as we are all understanding that it is a moment that will pass

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Oh shoot

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Monathin (5): JosefStalinator, fool of sound, Illusionis, Monathin, Your Personal Muse, Monathin, JosefStalinator, hambeet, JosefStalinator
zzyzx (5): lih, Dominoes, saladscooper, yuming, Johnny Keats
JosefStalinator (3): saladscooper, saladscooper, Tom Tucker, Anonymous, Anonymous
Token Female (2): Voodoofly, yuming, b-minus1, yuming
fool of sound (1): Dominoes, Dominoes, Monathin
Dominoes (1): zzyzx
Illusionis (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Your Personal Muse (0): Dominoes, fool of sound, Illusionis, saladscooper, Johnny Keats, saladscooper, Johnny Keats, Opopanax, Opopanax, Illusionis, fool of sound, Dominoes
hambeet (0): Monathin, Monathin
lih (0): saladscooper, saladscooper

Not Voting (5): Jose Valasquez, Opopanax, PhantomMuzzles, sharkmafia, Token Female

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 18th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

hambeet posted:

I’ve seen this said off and on over the years but I don’t think anyone actually sits down to have the conversation.

Part of the issue is that a lot of players are never going to be not in an active game

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Tom Tucker posted:

[Bookmarking this post so I remember to read it later]

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah no super loving cool that when people post what I post, I just provide them with summaries so they can get caught up, love that when I explain there’s too many posts, I get a loving parade of you folks telling me to READ NINETY PAGES

I empathize with that. I wish I were around before to maybe make you feel less attacked

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Okay gang what's the lowdown, I'm not reading 85 or whatever pages so tell me who's scum, what's happened

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm town btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Illusionis posted:

Okay gang what's the lowdown, I'm not reading 85 or whatever pages so tell me who's scum, what's happened

its u