Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Linda "Shrimpi Scampi Snaccarinno" Yaccarino has joined the chat

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Sockser posted:

It's coming and I really really hope it's great because it's the only company that has even pretended to want to make a truck that I like in the past 20 years

(Alpha Motors Wolf)

Ok, that's sick.

I want to show the idiots impressed by that cybertunk video of the time I loaded 3 hay bales into a mx5 and drove through a paddock nearly as rough as that

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

R.L. Stine posted:

i'm the guy that has to clean up all the cum in the olympic fuckhouses

you wrote some pretty spooky stories too!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Sockser posted:

It's coming and I really really hope it's great because it's the only company that has even pretended to want to make a truck that I like in the past 20 years

(Alpha Motors Wolf)

This truck fucks. It also does things like fit in a normal garage and have enough bed space to actually put things in.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Sickening posted:

This truck fucks. It also does things like fit in a normal garage and have enough bed space to actually put things in.

yeah but how you gonna render that on a PS1 with all those curved panels.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sickening posted:

They've only got like, two driveable prototypes out there, and they posted better off-road video eight months ago than Tesla has to-date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuo54V1ApG0

I won't be surprised if it ends up all being a scam and they're absolute garbage trash, but everything they've shown is everything I want.
I'm hoping my poor 30 year-old Tacoma can keep itself out of the grave long enough for the Wolf to hit market, else I'll have to import a ute or something

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

R.L. Stine posted:

using the trailer hitch will void the warranty

how comes theres no videos of the tesla truck towing inf. tiny liddle baby mass?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Sockser posted:

I'm hoping my poor 30 year-old Tacoma can keep itself out of the grave long enough for the Wolf to hit market, else I'll have to import a ute or something

the Tacoma will survive

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/fredericlambert/status/1780580466506052052?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

The vapor ware truck I want is this lil Telo with the footprint of a mini cooper:

https://telotrucks.com/

Little truck in the big city!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

still love the ceo tho

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

World's first gremlin car. Don't charge it after midnight!

Umm..

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

OK, the shrimp thing was ridiculous, but as the owner of one of these things it's actually really awesome how you can go plant shopping or in theoretical world for me, put dirty work shoes in the front and just hose it out, i've done it several times. I mean, plants, I don't have work shoes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

DominoKitten posted:

The vapor ware truck I want is this lil Telo with the footprint of a mini cooper:

https://telotrucks.com/

Little truck in the big city!

Ah yeah, I've got a reservation on one of these as well as these doofy loving delivery vans
https://www.canoo.com/

Renreeja posted:

the Tacoma will survive
The previous owner neglected to take it in for any of the three frame rust recalls it had, I've had to get the transmission rebuilt twice, and it currently doesn't really have brakes, so I'm not optimistic about its future.

It does well enough making trips to the hardware store or the nursery in town, but I'm super reluctant to take it on the highway or go on a road trip with it, which is why I'd really like to get something new to replace it. I haul kayaks around on a soft rack on my corolla while a truck sits parked in front of my house.
Plus a good truck means I could save a shitload on all the maintenance and fees and all that that I'm paying on two vehicles

I really hope Alpha pulls through :ohdear:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
all engineers are the same right?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They even had an X version long before it was the everything app.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sockser posted:

They've only got like, two driveable prototypes out there, and they posted better off-road video eight months ago than Tesla has to-date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuo54V1ApG0

I won't be surprised if it ends up all being a scam and they're absolute garbage trash, but everything they've shown is everything I want.

They have like 12 different car models up for preorder on their website. Canoo is going broke trying to get one model to market.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

shyduck posted:

Their insistence on not putting in heads-up displays is enough of a deal breaker. I don't want to have to look down and to the right to see how fast I'm going. No other automaker seems to have followed suit on that at least
They have one on the Model X and Model Y but don't have it on the Model 3 or Cybertruck for some reason.

Why that's even road-legal is beyond me.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Idle thought: I wonder if Elon has seen the Indestructible Toyota Hilux episode of Top Gear.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sockser posted:

(Alpha Motors Wolf)

That truck does gently caress.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sockser posted:

(Alpha Motors Wolf)

This looks like it should be chasing me in the rail-shooter segment of a modern FPS.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

has anyone said the boering company yet?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

toggle posted:

has anyone said the boering company yet?

Yes:

toggle posted:

the boering company

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Thank

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Songbearer posted:

For God's sake would you please use the provided mop this time instead of your tongue

As long as he gets the job done

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Sockser posted:

(Alpha Motors Wolf)
Jesus.... their entire range is something else. I mean ok, I might not want to be seen driving every one of their cars, but I don't think I'd be embarrassed by a friend picking me up in any of them.

https://www.alphamotorinc.com/jax

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

priznat posted:

The olympics owns for the constant fuckfest that is the Olympic village. The true reason to strive for Olympic qualification.

:un: :gooncamp:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

PhazonLink posted:

red states have become fundie shitholes. or maybe[/s} the IoC and FIFA could do some [s]anti R dark money stuff.

Summer Olympics in Double Springs, Alabama 2036! NO COMMIE SPORTS!!!

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I'd be prouder behind the wheel of that over the real deal.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

looks like a hosed up shoe

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

AlmightyBob posted:

looks like a hosed up shoe

That's what happens when you take HGH and don't work out.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kingo Ligma posted:

That's what happens when you take HGH and don't work out.

Better than having a shoe that's taking way too much meth. Always moving about way too much to actually get them on.

Floors always gonna be clean at least.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

probably built better than the original

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Powershift posted:

They have like 12 different car models up for preorder on their website.

All of them, I'm sure, punch well above their weight.

Do they come with LTI?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Whatever tiktok does just copy that

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Love getting my updating breaking X better known as Twitter news from some random rear end bootlicker instead of the CEO or PR team lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Old, overweight guy with dark glasses in a far two big car, can't have a very long angry rant in six seconds.

Half hour vines seem better for the twitter demographic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should rename vine to something cooler, like Xvideos