Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
MIXED TAG 1 1.82%
ELITE VS PENTA/PAC/GARCIA 8 14.55%
DEONNA VS MARIAH 1 1.82%
ORANGE V SHANE 3 5.45%
CLAUDIO VS WILL(OSPREAY) 42 76.36%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I can't get over how funny the phrase "breathe in the rarefied air of Jericho" is

It’s incredible and didn’t actually even seem forced like the Jericho Vortex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Which young boy do we think Heel Jericho successfully convinces to sit beneath the learning tree after Hook murders him on Sunday? Maybe someone like a Lee Johnson?

Genuinely think nobody will ever benefit from being involved with Jericho. Convinced Hobbs and Takeshita are being put through some kind of medieval trial in AEW to see how much horseshit they can endure I.e. Jericho and Callis. Hobbs probably has gotten hosed the most but hopefully Mox will pull him out of the darkness for the final time.

Lee Johnson just had the best match of his career with Kyle Fletcher so naturally Jericho would want to leech off him but I think sticking some of these guys in factions/with mentors can backfire too often. Again, poor Hobbs is like the prototype for this. Ironically I think Hobbs would do really well as an Ospreay United Empire guy, but I think Shotty Lee needs to do things on his own in ROH.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I don't think you need AEW Plus for the PPV rates but it does get you the non-commercial weekly shows.

You don't need it but you do get an extra $5 off of PPV prices so it practically pays for itself

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Why are all of AEW's top wrestlers Heels or Tweeners?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW's heel and face dynamics are more diverse than the WWE style that most people are used to.

Mox is a babyface but that doesn't mean he won't beat the poo poo out of people for looking at him the wrong way.

Ospreay is a babyface but he's aligned with Callis because his best buddy is and he joined the group back when he was still a heel.

Swerve is a babyface but he broke into a man's house not that long ago and threatened his child.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
remember when nick wayne hit a gusher for a taped promo lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Will Ospreay, Adam Copeland, Swerve Strickland, Eddie Kingston, Darby Allin, and Orange Cassidy are all babyfaces.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW's heel and face dynamics are more diverse than the WWE style that most people are used to.

Mox is a babyface but that doesn't mean he won't beat the poo poo out of people for looking at him the wrong way.

Ospreay is a babyface but he's aligned with Callis because his best buddy is and he joined the group back when he was still a heel.

Swerve is a babyface but he broke into a man's house not that long ago and threatened his child.

So it is like watching toonami instead of cartoon cartoon

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

At some point hangman is going to come back and do something deranged and I’m gonna hoot and holler

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mr Hootington posted:

:hmmyes:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Blankspot posted:

I live in the US and have been buying AEW ppvs from Bleacher Report from the beginning. I can't keep up with the cost anymore with how many shows they do now. I was thinking of trying to VPN and ordering that way.

I know nothing about how to activate a VPN. Which ones are reliable. What additional devices I might need.

Would anyone be able to tell me in the most dumbed down way how to go about participating in that 3 ppv for $50 deal? I see it on Triller but it also might require AEW Plus?

The TV we watch on we have always used the BR app on Xbox. I can hook up a laptop to watch off of too. I don't have a roku or any other similar device, but don't mind getting one if that makes this easier. I dont believe my TV has any built in streaming apps. I've seen people mention casting from their phone and disabling the VPN once it starts? When I've seen people mention pick any address as billing/location in UK do I just go to Google maps and click somewhere and use that?

I use my internet providers router for wifi if that is relevant.

Thank you. I look forward to hooting and hollering at a price that keeps me watching.

here's how I do it. I got Nord VPN. The yearly price was crazy cheap - like $2.85 a month. Then I bought aew+ so I can get ppv discounts on triller and I can watch aew without commercials. And then I set vpn to ireland and that works every time. I was able to download the nord vpn and triller apps on my fire tv and I have to imagine they have apps on all smart televisions. Then I set the app on my tv to ireland and log into triller and watch that way. It's cheaper than buying cable thats for sure.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

At some point hangman is going to come back and do something deranged and I’m gonna hoot and holler

Yep. I love Hangman unreasonably. He could come back and drown Nana and I'd probably just chalk it up as Cowboy poo poo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Mr Hootington posted:

Wrong thread

mostly because AEW has been going on so long that characters have had developments that blur the line. Mox used to be pure babyface but then he discovered his love of violence above all other considerations due to his friendship with Danielson. Hangman was pure babyface until he helped ftr beat the young bucks because he was so worried about losing the tag titles because it was all he had to make him think he was worth his peers friendship. Osprey is pretty much pure babyface but he's also in a heel group because he's kinda dumb lol.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

normally the buy 3 for 50 deal would finally get me to break and figure out how to work these doodads and stuff but im actually going to 2 out of the next 3 big ppvs so its moot lol

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

A Fancy Hat posted:

Danhausen becomes Jericho's #1 Fanhausen. It'd play off the Hookhausen stuff nicely and I know he and Jericho have done a lot of stuff together before on the Jericho cruise.

The only downside is I don't know if Danhausen is an actual weird CM Punk fanboy or if he's just been playing that up online for some reason. If it's the latter, perfect. If it's the former, I dunno if he'd be willing to poke fun at himself like that.

They're friends outside of wrestling. They still hang. Punk and Danhausen were spotted sharing a meal over Mania weekend. Let me know if you need more Punk updates.

Mr Hootington posted:

yeah, p much. The women's division sticks pretty close to traditional face/heel dynamics, fwiw. Willow and Stat are pure babyfaces while Julia is a pretty traditional heel.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shard posted:

mostly because AEW has been going on so long that characters have had developments that blur the line. Mox used to be pure babyface but then he discovered his love of violence above all other considerations due to his friendship with Danielson. Hangman was pure babyface until he helped ftr beat the young bucks because he was so worried about losing the tag titles because it was all he had to make him think he was worth his peers friendship. Osprey is pretty much pure babyface but he's also in a heel group because he's kinda dumb lol.

I don't know who mox or Hangman are. I don't think they have been on any of the shows I've watched.

Osprey gives me Sting in the 4 horsemen vibes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jon Moxley is the de facto captain of the Blackpool Combat Club. He hasn't been on AEW tv as much because he's the current top reigning champion in New Japan Pro Wrestling and is fulfilling commitments in that company. Hangman Adam Page is a day one AEW main eventer who just had a double turn with Swerve Strickland last year and has been taking time off since losing in a three way match against Samoa Joe and Swerve at the last PPV where his only goal was to ensure Swerve doesn't Win The Big One, to the point people question if he tapped out to Joe in that match just so Swerve wouldn't get a chance to win.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't know who mox or Hangman are. I don't think they have been on any of the shows I've watched.

Osprey gives me Sting in the 4 horsemen vibes.

From Gavok's stickied thread:

The Blackpool Combat Club (Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, Wheeler Yuta): Put together by William Regal (who then slipped out of the company the moment Triple H was back in power in WWE), the idea was for Danielson and Moxley to work together to mold the future of wrestling. Then Claudio joined. So far, after all this time, they just have one student in Wheeler Yuta.

The team’s alignment changes by the minute, but the main thing to know is that Moxley is the ace of AEW and Danielson is on his way out of wrestling, using his last year to have as many dream matches as possible before he forces himself to hang it up.

and

Hangman Adam Page: On-and-off-again member of the Elite and adorable cowboy man. Was, for a time, the protagonist of AEW. Now he’s crazy and has a mustache. Gets blamed for CM Punk going insane.

Both have had a ton of great matches in aew.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jon Moxley is the ace of the world

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STING 64 posted:

Jon Moxley is the de facto captain of the Blackpool Combat Club. He hasn't been on AEW tv as much because he's the current top reigning champion in New Japan Pro Wrestling and is fulfilling commitments in that company. Hangman Adam Page is a day one AEW main eventer who just had a double turn with Swerve Strickland last year and has been taking time off since losing in a three way match against Samoa Joe and Swerve at the last PPV where his only goal was to ensure Swerve doesn't Win The Big One, to the point people question if he tapped out to Joe in that match just so Swerve wouldn't get a chance to win.

It should be noted that Hangman had never tapped out before this, Swerve had to choke him out with a chain to beat him in a texas death match. Also hangman beat Mox in a texas deathmatch and is the only man to have made Mox tap out by also hanging him with a chain.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

graph posted:

remember when nick wayne hit a gusher for a taped promo lol

I do.

I was on vacation with my family and my sister decided her 6 and 8 year old children would be allowed to watch Dynamite with Uncle Sandman for the first time. After the first few segments we paused it to go eat dinner and afterward all the adults decided to join and watch the rest of the wrestling show with us.

That’s when the Nick Wayne Gets Murdered segment occurred.

The kids haven’t watched wrestling since.

Anyway, great Dynamite, can’t wait for Dynasty!

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I use ExpressVPN as my VPN. It has apps for mobile devices, Google TV, Fire Sticks, or can be used on a computer no problem. It's a program you download and click a button to activate when you want.

Basically I had a US Fite account already. I set my VPN to the UK, opened up the Fite website, and was able to subscribe to AEW Plus, and it let me pay in dollars and everything. I don't think you need AEW Plus for the PPV rates but it does get you the non-commercial weekly shows. I can turn on ExpressVPN on my phone and buy the PPV bundle through the Triller app or watch that way, though weekly I have a Chromecast with Google TV and I have the VPN and Triller apps both installed there so it's a simple case of turning on the VPN and going to Triller to watch.

So...get a VPN, set it to the UK, log into your existing Triller account, and the bundles and monthly sub options should just pop up, and you can pay using Google Pay or whatever stored payment method you have. Pretty easy.

Thank you for this. Exactly what I was hoping for. Will make an attempt tonight after work.

Thank you Shard and Manc as well.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good luck. I thought it would be too complicated at first too but honestly the hardest part is setting up the accounts. Once it's all set up all I have to do is log into the vpn on my tv and then log into triller - and those stay logged in automatically for me. Easy peasy.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
It's like kids say "...cinema"
:yayclod:

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1780958626951418160?s=46

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

this will go over well on twitter

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am torn

I would love to see Hook just beat the brakes off Jericho, suplex the poo poo out of him and then choke him out

But if Jericho manages to squeak out a win and be a braying jackass about the FTW title, carrying it around in a velvet bag and such, it could be extremely funny

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

I am torn

I would love to see Hook just beat the brakes off Jericho, suplex the poo poo out of him and then choke him out

But if Jericho manages to squeak out a win and be a braying jackass about the FTW title, carrying it around in a velvet bag and such, it could be extremely funny

The Jack Perry/Hook feud was really fun because of Jack's cowardice, so that with Jericho at his most sanctimonious could be great fun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The story so far is Hook is a cool guy who does cool poo poo, and Jericho eats poo poo.

So either result would be good.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jericho as the Ocho was great. So the idea of Jericho acting like he's bigger than the world champ or something with the loving FTW title would be amazing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They’ve done this a couple of times now and it’s such a neat way to come back from a break.

They also have a camera on a dolly below the hard cam they use sometimes that gives a really unique shot. It’s level with the ring or so and shot from behind the crowd makes it look like a movie shot rather than a sports shot.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 18, 2024

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Honestly I could see Hook winning, announcing he's stepping back from the title to start chasing bigger ones.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

They’ve done this a couple of times now and it’s such a neat way to come back from a break.

They also have a camera on a dolly below the hard cam they use sometimes that gives a really unique shot. It’s level with the ring or so and the shot from behind the crowd makes it look like a movie shot rather than a sports shot.

actually tony khan is jealous of wwe's cinematic universe and is clearly aping its style again.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

:psyduck:

This is baffling to me, the person who posted earlier this morning there aren't enough top heels

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

:psyduck:

This is baffling to me, the person who posted earlier this morning there aren't enough top heels

reading too many hoot posts is like reading eldritch truth.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Kylo is going to win and come into the Vancouver Collision as champ and we will all hoot holler and cry

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Online wrestling discourse is hitting a new low with this camera poo poo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

it's very bad

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I'm not going to read the replies to that tweet. What's the online camera discourse about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just talking about everyone being impressed with normal shots they've been doing forever because they happened to notice it for the first time