Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Nessus posted:

Many jurors would take one look at the defendant and vote based on skin color

Defendant a couple of shades too orange for me to be impartial, sorry

Also someone asked for this pic earlier so here ya go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kazil posted:

lol going well

Lol, literally "how many people are thinking about killing him right now?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkqoFI9ECc

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

how the holy hell is the DJT stock climbing

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

heard u like girls posted:

Defendant a couple of shades too orange for me to be impartial, sorry

Also someone asked for this pic earlier so here ya go
How can you say that when all the other Republicans are turning orange too? You ain’t a Liberal are you??

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wonder if this is THE most lopsided jury-selection impartiality landscape ever in judicial history. Like what other trials would it compete with, where 100% of the jury pool is guaranteed to know exactly who the defendant is and have a strong opinion about them?

Charles I?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Silly Burrito posted:

Let 12 AI models decide his fate.

“Per the Dredd Scott ruling, DA Bragg should never have been on this case”

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Let 12 AI models decide his fate.

Elon has the perfect AI for that! As long as he can get the holocaust denial instructions they inputted to work correctly.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Data Graham posted:

I wonder if this is THE most lopsided jury-selection impartiality landscape ever in judicial history. Like what other trials would it compete with, where 100% of the jury pool is guaranteed to know exactly who the defendant is and have a strong opinion about them?

Charles I?

He still has 3 more trials lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hollismason posted:

He still has 3 more trials lmao

DC is going to be even more hostile than NYC.

Florida one will have Cannon asking any Democrats to leave the jury

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Regalingualius posted:

“Per the Dredd Scott ruling, DA Bragg should never have been on this case”

I’m training a LLM on these forums as one of the potential jurors and in response to the Trump case it just posts pictures of a pig defecating on its testicles alongside “lmao” and “buy the dip”.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

funeral home DJ posted:

I’m training a LLM on these forums as one of the potential jurors and in response to the Trump case it just posts pictures of a pig defecating on its testicles alongside “lmao” and “buy the dip”.
Chief juror pigballs

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

So juror intimidation happened immediately just like everyone expected. :lol:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

funeral home DJ posted:

No no you need a GBS juror, a BYOB juror, a SAS juror, etc.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

MasterSitsu posted:

how the holy hell is the DJT stock climbing

47 unemployed people from the patriotpedes forum were mightily inspired by a half-time locker room post that said to liquidate the mac n cheese survival buckets and super male vitality pills i think

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did the rest of the jury pool start coughing "dumbass" into their hands?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

aka the juror that will never be mentioned by right wing media.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I feel strongly that everyone should serve a jury if called and is able to, and while I hate Trump, I think I could be fair in a trial of him that only is about specific facts.

That said, the idea of signing up for a possible lifetime of harassment and possible physical threats and death from his nutjob cult would really make me question it.

I can only imagine how much that thought is going through people's heads.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I mean, we follow them so that doesn't mean chud, but it's definitely someone who would have to be dismissed.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

A true patriot that loves their country and hasn't had their mind poisoned by Deep State fake news liberal woke CRT DEI Bud Light Keurig media. We have our first fair and balanced juror who KNOWS Trump is above the law!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Their is no way we don't get a hung jury over this.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"Jurors, please raise your hand if you believe Mr Trump is a fat stupid orange criminal who should be in prison and is guilty of everything. Oh, right, all of you? Send in the next group."

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
So seeing that the latest from Ohio is that they GOP there has refused to provisionally accept Biden as the nomination with the whole DNC date vs the Ohio due date, is there any insight out there if they are actually going to be able to stonewall him off the ballot there?

Like, would it need to go to the Supreme Court or something to force them to come to an agreement since there is precedence of them making an exception for the same exact issue back in 2020 for both parties at the time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

BrigadierSensible posted:

Silly,unrelated Trump based question:

Did anyone here actually watch "the apprentice"? What was it like? What was Trumps performance like?

I know this was like a million pages ago sorry. Yes, I watched The Apprentice. I loved the Apprentice, I thought it was great. I was a Project Manager in the Air Force at the time and was roped into watching it because all the other PM's I worked with were watching it. In fact for awhile we did a "mock apprentice" deal at work where we watched an episode of the show and would talk about it from a PM perspective. I thought the whole "Yer Fired" bit was great and I generally thought Trump was interesting. I stopped watching it after the 4th season, I wasn't in love with my job anymore and didn't want to think about it anymore than I had to. I would be interested to go back and watch season 1 again just to see with what I know about Trump now how I feel about it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

cr0y posted:

Their is no way we don't get a hung jury over this.
Hunter??

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Infinitum posted:

:lol: Trump is 100% going to get some hired goons to intimidate witnesses via 3rd parties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqtkvAu0q0Y

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Wayback posted:

So seeing that the latest from Ohio is that they GOP there has refused to provisionally accept Biden as the nomination with the whole DNC date vs the Ohio due date, is there any insight out there if they are actually going to be able to stonewall him off the ballot there?

I'm guessing that if it were anything but bullshit posturing you'd be hearing about it from the Biden campaign

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
The jury is going to have at least one person who is willing to lie their rear end off for Trump, and more than likely more than one because honest people are going to out themselves, dishonest people are of course god drat Republicans.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The jury is going to have at least one person who is willing to lie their rear end off for Trump, and more than likely more than one because honest people are going to out themselves, dishonest people are of course god drat Republicans.

Counterpoint: Republicans are also terrible at keeping their political bias a secret

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Trump lost a trial in Georgia pretty bad, didn’t he? I agree a kamikaze for Trump would never change their minds unless he said Hitler did some bad stuff. But there are casuals and Trump has incredible levels of crimes

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wayback posted:

Like, would it need to go to the Supreme Court or something to force them to come to an agreement since there is precedence of them making an exception for the same exact issue back in 2020 for both parties at the time.

La Rose is an idiot chud, he's going to get sued into oblivion if he actually tries this.

I assume if worst came to worse, they would just move up the DNC

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

quote:

But the "notion of providing a 'provisional certification' by the statutory deadline simply is not provided for by law," according to the Ohio's attorney general's office, whom LaRose's Chief Legal Counsel Paul Disantis cited in the letter on Monday, which was obtained by ABC News.

Disantis also said he saw some ambiguity in McTigue proposals.

"You use the personal pronoun 'we' throughout the document, but I am unclear on whose behalf you are communicating," Disantis wrote.

I'm telling you, this is dumb as gently caress bullshit about the Dems pulling a switcheroo and nominating someone else at the convention.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trump is absolutely going to try and intimidate the jury like some 1980s mob boss and its.going to hilariously backfire.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I'm guessing that if it were anything but bullshit posturing you'd be hearing about it from the Biden campaign

Yeah last I heard they were monitoring the situation but if they thought it had some merit of happening they'd be in court immediately

I mean hell under the Colorado decision this doesn't even work because states can't kick candidates for president off the ballot for basically any reason

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

It's going to be a problem. How do you find someone that hasn't formed an opinion on Trump in the last decade? The people you do find are either braindead or lying. And then they are placed in the crosshairs of a traitorous mobster ex president who enjoys sicking his chud followers on friends, family, acquaintances, and your neighbors cousins twice removed.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Hollismason posted:

Trump is absolutely going to try and intimidate the jury like some 1980s mob boss and its.going to hilariously backfire.

Trump going to prison for jury intimidation or contempt before the trial even starts is what I am truly hoping for

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

redshirt posted:

I feel strongly that everyone should serve a jury if called and is able to, and while I hate Trump, I think I could be fair in a trial of him that only is about specific facts.

when I served it was a pretty insane and emotionally charged case and I really do think all of us tried as hard as we could to be impartial and give him every possible angle we could before declaring him incredibly guilty. I don't think personal biases are gonna factor into this as much as everyone thinks it will

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sedgr posted:

It's going to be a problem. How do you find someone that hasn't formed an opinion on Trump in the last decade? The people you do find are either braindead or lying. And then they are placed in the crosshairs of a traitorous mobster ex president who enjoys sicking his chud followers on friends, family, acquaintances, and your neighbors cousins twice removed.

The point isn't to find someone that hasn't formed an opinion of Trump. The point is to find someone who can be impartial for the trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sedgr posted:

Jury selection in trump trials will always be a nightmare, but we've been through this before.