Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1780991436705440095?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...f081f41995d33b9

quote:

There’s quite an extraordinary picture in court right now
All of the lawyers are at a bench conference with Justice Merchan and Donald Trump is sitting at the defense table, alone.

There are no aides and the Secret Service agents are in the row behind him.

It’s a striking and unusual image of a president isolated. Trump is expressionless.
isolated!!!

:sad:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If only a secret service member would leave to go to the bathroom, so that he would be increasingly isolated

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

quote:

The complaint alleged that 9 full pages of signatures all appeared to be written by the same person and the handwriting appeared to match that of Smith himself.

It figures that the Dems are working so hard to get rid of the hardest-working republican in a hundred miles.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Read "striking" as "stinking" and laughed.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

big nipples big life posted:

do other countries have marjorie taylor greenes or is it only america where everything has to be maximally stupid 100% of the time?

Hans Lysglimt - The Fascist With A Smile representing :norway:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I feel like $DJT is in-part a sentiment tracker for Trump's legal problems, it tanked as people got spooked by his civil and criminal issues, and once it became clear Trump wasn't going to change posture in this trial people priced all of this stuff in and went back to an already low opinion about the stock but regressed to a mean

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

cr0y posted:

Lmao have you ever seen a trump supporter? It only takes one chud to completely zone out during the entire trial and mash the TOTAL EXONERATION button to gum this all up.

bona fide Trump supporters aren't savvy enough to lie their way onto the jury

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I said it before, but they should be giving jurors and their families around the clock protection at this point.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Trump already lost 2 jury trials recently.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Philthy posted:

I said it before, but they should be giving jurors and their families around the clock protection at this point.

At the very least they shouldn't be visible to the press.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Do what they do for jurrors in trials in which gang members or members of the mob are on trial

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

The most important thing abaout the case and the jurors is that the prosecution is not going to bring this if there isn't crystal clear ironclad evidence of what they're accusing him of. This isn't going to be a Perry Mason "just get him on the stand and hope he makes a mistake" kind of deal. It's going to be, "Here are your company records from the month in question, they show $150,000 paid to Michael Cohen. In the same month, Michael Cohen sent $150,000 to an account owned by Stomy Daniels. This was a bribe, and he was convicted of bribery and sent to jail for 12 months for this act." "Here is an email from Mr Cohen saying..." They're not going to question him or look for a gotcha, they got him and the jury just has to follow the judges instructions: does the evidence indicate that a crime was committed? 34 times. "Did he really know it was a crime?" and "Is bribery really a crime?" are not things the jury will be asked to decide. AG is not bringing a case this big just hoping that they get a sympathetic jury.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Looks like AI is spooky/bad again!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Start throwing hands you cowards

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

kazil posted:

Trump already lost 2 jury trials recently.

Not disagreeing with you but this is the first criminal trial, right? Maybe it’s because he could see some actual criminal penalties this time instead of just getting larger and larger financial penalties that he’ll never pay (which is lmao in and of itself but I digress).

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

Start throwing hands you cowards

Gaetz is the kind of chicken poo poo heel that would go in for a cheap shot/eye gauge.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 18, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

funeral home DJ posted:

Not disagreeing with you but this is the first criminal trial, right? Maybe it’s because he could see some actual criminal penalties this time instead of just getting larger and larger financial penalties that he’ll never pay (which is lmao in and of itself but I digress).

Yeah it's the first criminal trial, but it seems weird to think that the True Believers would be hellbent on sneaking onto this jury and not the other ones.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Escape From Noise posted:

Gaetz is the kind of chicken poo poo heel that would go in for a cheap poo poo/eye gauge.

I’d say he also would have a cheating-rear end manager, but Gaetz has no friends.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

kazil posted:

Yeah it's the first criminal trial, but it seems weird to think that the True Believers would be hellbent on sneaking onto this jury and not the other ones.

It's also literally the same jury pool of Manhattan.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

When it comes to all these court cases, my major concern is this: Trump is a polarizing figure. In an effort to find people who have not expressed a negative opinion about a highly public personality, who has directly impacted an entire nation- how far will you go? If you dismiss every juror who has said something unfavorable about Trump, then- are you not just stacking the jury with Trump supporters?

I've had to cover murder trials before for my job. I've sat through jury screening. The most important question that the defense and prosecution ask, over and over again is: "can you be objective?"

No human is without bias. So the point of jury selection is to fill those seats with responsible adults who can make a decision PURELY AND EXCLUSIVELY based on information presented to them during the trial.

At this point even the most apolitical, grilling "centrist" has heard Trump speak, and seen the causes his supporters really around. You might find people who haven't established an opinion on if you had an entire year of turning over rocks, but even then, you'd be getting someone so isolated and un-informed, id question their competency.

So, jury selection in this and other cases has me worried.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Busters posted:

When it comes to all these court cases, my major concern is this: Trump is a polarizing figure. In an effort to find people who have not expressed a negative opinion about a highly public personality, who has directly impacted an entire nation- how far will you go?

Trump? The guy with the cameo in the Little Rascals movie from 1994?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jessssssussss Christ

The truth

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Why did she self censor "terrorize"?

Looks like some snowflake poo poo.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Only 70% of New York voted in 2020 so there’s a good 30% that don’t give enough of a poo poo to vote for/against the guy and honestly that’s probably your best bet for an impartial jury.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mere truth is but ore for the eternal furnace of likes, clicks, and far right terror attacks.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

That “litter box in the schools” lie is loving catnip for boomers.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

That “litter box in the schools” lie is loving catnip for boomers.

Yeah. You still hear that one. It's like someone taking a joke about furries from the early internet at face value.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Since the margin is so close, everyone in Congress should have to show up wielding comically large anime foam weapons every morning and they have to have a battle royale.

The winning team then gets to decide on what gets voted on for the day.

If you're too old or incapacitated or whatever and can't fight, you're a loss for your team and you have to sit it out.

The poo poo's live streamed in pay per view.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Since the margin is so close, everyone in Congress should have to show up wielding comically large anime foam weapons every morning and they have to have a battle royale.

The winning team then gets to decide on what gets voted on for the day.

If you're too old or incapacitated or whatever and can't fight, you're a loss for your team and you have to sit it out.

The poo poo's live streamed in pay per view.
Great, now I have the American Gladiators theme stuck in my head

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Even more vile was one of reasons the cat litter was in school back in 2017 was not because of furries but in case of a school shootings and people needing to go to bathroom

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

MrQwerty posted:

Mike Johnson is a little squirmy twerpy head-nodding religious true believer weirdo, but somehow he also actually tried to be the Speaker of the House and I have to say he's exceeded my expectations in that regard.

and not 45 minutes later

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022
Huh, my mom's boyfriend was ranting about the "furries biting other kids in schools" just this morning.

Man, I hope he brings it up again so I can correct him :allears:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
the furry litterbox story is at least 2 years old at this point, right?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Serious_Cyclone posted:

the furry litterbox story is at least 2 years old at this point, right?

I think it's even older but I can't remember.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Yveltal posted:

Huh, my mom's boyfriend was ranting about the "furries biting other kids in schools" just this morning.

Man, I hope he brings it up again so I can correct him :allears:

Do you honestly think he gives a poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you honestly think he gives a poo poo?
Make sure he’s not armed but then maybe ask him “what’s the radio going to get you mad about next?” And make it a guessing game