Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I pretty much don't notice jersey upgrades unless they're egregiously bad design choices like the digital clock buccaneers thing from years back. If it's immediately recognizable as the team's jersey, hooray!

It's not like Fanatics will ship you the right jersey anyway when you buy one :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Laughing at the snarky tone. For those that SOMEHOW didn't see the changes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Everything is spelled correctly and the numbers are properly alligned.

Obviously those photos aren’t originally from Fanatics.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I like the old sleeves better.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I pretty much don't notice jersey upgrades unless they're egregiously bad design choices like the digital clock buccaneers thing from years back. If it's immediately recognizable as the team's jersey, hooray!

Where as I'm the opposite, to the point that it stands out to me in NFL Films clips from the 90s where the manufacturer's logo changes between shots (Even if the uniform itself didn't change) showing the edited clips from different seasons together. Once I noticed stuff like that, I can't unsee it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like the updated Detroit jerseys more than the previous jerseys. Switching the font color from grey to white does a lot, I like the new sleeves more, I like the dots in the numbers.

It’s mainly modest changes and I probably wouldn’t have noticed a difference if I was just watching Lions on tv.

But I still think it’s a good change.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

NFL teams are way too conservative with their designs.

Silly Burrito posted:

Let Nike buy a team and go all Oregon Ducks on them.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I agree about going full whacko with uniform designs.

If I was an owner my uniforms would be an abomination of busy design. We’re talking a chimera of Maryland’s flag style details, 90s gradients, and V*A*P*O*R*W*A*V*E* aesthetic.

E: tassels and glitter, if possible

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 18, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Jets redesign was pretty good and noticeable once people posted the before and after. Lions changes are extremely

:ok:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

Letting Nike go full Nike is how we ended up with the worst uniforms of the last decade, like Tampa's alarm clock numbers and Cleveland's crappy uniforms from the same period (Both 2014/2015 to 2019), or the Jags two-tone crap helmet with no transition.

With limited exceptions and a few minor changes (Notably the Chargers), basically every team should go back to the uniforms they had in like 1994-95.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If your BRAND NEW UNIFORM looks like it could plausibly be a misprint of the previous version, it's not a new uniform.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

SKULL.GIF posted:

Which is why the hawks current uniforms own. The only replacement I'd take ere the sick rear end throwbacks they unveiled this year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Which is why the hawks current uniforms own. The only replacement I'd take ere the sick rear end throwbacks they unveiled this year.

Heck yeah, comrade

Also love the COLOR RUSH ACTION GREEN

haters to exit!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Docjowles posted:

The Jets redesign was pretty good and noticeable once people posted the before and after. Lions changes are extremely

:ok:

I think the lion changes are more noticeable than the jets changes

But overall both are “okay”

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

That gray lettering on the previous Lions jerseys really sucked, but I still couldn't tell what changed without seeing the side by side

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gonz posted:

Everything is spelled correctly and the numbers are properly alligned.

Obviously those photos aren’t originally from Fanatics.

It's amazing how lovely Fanatics got so quickly. It sucks too because they have their hand in everything sports now.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

wandler20 posted:

It's amazing how lovely Fanatics got so quickly. It sucks too because they have their hand in everything sports now.

If the video with McNeil is anything to go by, Fanatics even got their leak wrong - there's no derpy 'Detroit' above the numbers on the jersey he's wearing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/fredoRdz_/status/1780996084103368756?t=hoGSSYlvO9GZtPRve3DZWA&s=19

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

looks sick

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That's like their response to the Titans using the Oilers unis? Just rip off Tennessee's look?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Jesus christ, Roman -and- Trestman, what could go wrong

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

They have a real coach though.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

They aren't handling play calling they're handling one small job. Most failed head/coordinating coaching hires are because someone is really good at a smaller role and promoted out of their depth. Trestman is probably handling behind the scenes stuff without any requirement to be In Charge. Roman is a solid to good running game coordinator as well which meshes with Jim Harbaugh.

fsif posted:

That's like their response to the Titans using the Oilers unis? Just rip off Tennessee's look?

I really hope this is why because it's cool as gently caress, cooler than the original

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That's what I originally thought the plan was but Greg Roman is officially the offensive coordinator. Who knows how duties shake out in practice but he's not (on the org chart) there just to dial up sick run plays

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I agree about going full whacko with uniform designs.

If I was an owner my uniforms would be an abomination of busy design. We’re talking a chimera of Maryland’s flag style details, 90s gradients, and V*A*P*O*R*W*A*V*E* aesthetic.

E: tassels and glitter, if possible

If I were an owner, I'd hire Darth Brooks to come up with some drat fine uniforms.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Docjowles posted:

That's what I originally thought the plan was but Greg Roman is officially the offensive coordinator. Who knows how duties shake out in practice but he's not (on the org chart) there just to dial up sick run plays

The OC title means a lot less when the HC is an offensive play caller.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Has Harbaugh ever called plays?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

harbaugh calls plays by committee and he has the final say

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Has Harbaugh ever called plays?

In Ann Arbor until like 2022

In San Fran the OC was Greg Roman no idea who ran the plays then

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

quote:

Instead of designating one person to serve as the team's chief offensive play caller, or limit the discussion to himself and one other coach, Harbaugh keeps an open dialogue going with his entire offensive staff from snap-to-snap on the sidelines during game days.

Some coaching staffs allow the offensive coordinator to call plays on his own, with the head coach serving as the only voice who has veto power. At other places, it's the head coach calling the plays, and taking only suggestions from the rest of the group.

For Harbaugh -- at every stop he's made -- the conversation about what to run during any given situation involves everyone.

Fisch, offensive coordinator Tim Drevno, running backs coach Tyrone Wheatley, tight ends coach Jay Harbaugh. Everyone.
---------------
Harbaugh, of course, has final say on every call that's made. Both on offense and on defense.
This was from 2015.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Forrest on Fire posted:

They aren't handling play calling they're handling one small job. Most failed head/coordinating coaching hires are because someone is really good at a smaller role and promoted out of their depth. Trestman is probably handling behind the scenes stuff without any requirement to be In Charge. Roman is a solid to good running game coordinator as well which meshes with Jim Harbaugh.

Just gonna say Roman is maybe one of the best run game coordinators in the league, dude's wildly creative on that front.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Just gonna say Roman is maybe one of the best run game coordinators in the league, dude's wildly creative on that front.
Hmmm. Up there. I'd probably go with Mike McDaniel.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He is, he just doesn't do anything else (tight ends get a lot of show I guess). I can't even think of a single nice thing to say about Trestman but I guess if he's just in the basement like Milton crunching numbers it's whatever.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

He was at one point the most Trested man in Chicago. That lasted a week and a half

He's not a leader and he's not some major find. But he's been coaching since the 1980s in a West Coast scheme and a "senior offensive assistant" title probably means he's establishing a scheme/basic foundational stuff that normal NFL viewers never see.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

These are all fair points about how Harbs runs things. I still think we will see Roman’s fingerprints all over the offense. They’ve worked together off and on for like 15 years, Harbaugh obviously respects and trusts him. They aren’t philosophical opposites, these guys both want to establish the hell out of it.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
https://x.com/adam_piron/status/1781069302344634431

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

These are all fair points about how Harbs runs things. I still think we will see Roman’s fingerprints all over the offense. They’ve worked together off and on for like 15 years, Harbaugh obviously respects and trusts him. They aren’t philosophical opposites, these guys both want to establish the hell out of it.

I'm all for it being established btw

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Docjowles posted:

yea absolutely, but Harbs will go out and steal good passing concepts unlike Roman. That's where he really elevates what Roman will do solo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fwiw I really like the Chargers offseason so far, from coach to coordinators to the personnel moves. Need a good draft with some potential cap issues but I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the run we've been waiting for with herbie and at least play in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BlindSite posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the run we've been waiting for with herbie and at least play in the playoffs.

Fool me once...