Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I to become annoyed by people being familiar or nice to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

InsertPotPun posted:

1: i was accidentally nice to the gas station attendant so they remembered me the next time i came in. now i can never go back there. it's been weeks. you suggesting i play more than 1 game with a person is like asking me to wipe my face on a toilet seat. i play one game and move on. i call people by their colors so i don't accidentally remember a name. i've long since turned off my friend thing thankfully.

2: you can get pubbies to do fun things. convince them to race across the map, trying to engage them in a story (i've been trying to convince people that none of it is real, that we're all stuck in a video game). one day i WILL burn down lavish lair. i got three out of four to grab gas cans and cars and blew up about 80% of it.

Join the goon discord you weirdo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

I to become annoyed by people being familiar or nice to me.

Yeah, it’s weird and I can admit it’s definitely my problem and not the people doing it, but it is that way :iiam:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
After the recent buffs, the chain feels like the best weapon atm.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
I play with pubbies pretty regularly but accept that it's a hot mess and embrace it. It's basically a middle school playground with guns and the chaos and dysfunction is a big part of the appeal to me. Occasionally something magical happens though, like a few times I've been on a team that just can't agree on a landing spot and we split into pairs on opposite side of the map, but each pair does really good teamwork and we meet up 15 minutes later and clean up the rest of the map.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Spacebump posted:

Yeah, you can go hard with it. Waterbending's buff is pretty nice too.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Spacebump posted:

100%

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the strongest weapon is killing someone in ranked then playing swim free at 2x speed while they're stuck spectating you in the long rear end queue

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Water: pretty good.
Fire: very good.
Earth: not good.

Air: transport power

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
i was having fun earlier doing a "pacifist" run with the aang skin with my loadout being only the 4 bending mythics and cabbages as my 5th. too bad there was no cool avatar state or something if you collect all 4 at the time same. the air wheel is fun and feels faster than cars.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Earth bending is wild to play in zero build.

Air bending helped when I needed to traverse very fast.

Fire bending needs more burning the area/spread damage

But the water bending is balanced enough to work.

Just completed the water quests so I can get that big buffalo

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Fire bending is the only one I felt “meh” about. I like the big area splash but the individual blasts just didn’t feel great. Maybe more damage?

All the others I like. The insta wall with earth bending is great in no build as said above.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Air bending is just the hamster ball all over again, but I like it. It goes up surprisingly steep hills

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

I've been enjoying water bending. It's been replacing my pistol/smg slot. Comes in clutch sometimes deep into the round when you need some quick heals, even works driving through water too.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Honestly I’m starting to like air bending more than the other. Just hitting it to NOPE out of a bad encounter has saved my rear end multiple times this morning while playing.

Also take some flowberry before you use it. Zooooooommmm

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
it's me, waterbender

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kiss my tranquil liquid rear end

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Waterbending works at surprisingly long distances too.

Airbending is what I take though, its unlimited use and high speed sprint options are awesome. You can use it like a car without the insane amount of noise a car makes.

My move with it right now is to rapidly sneak up on people with it, jump, switch to the shotgun in the air and plug them on my way down. It catches a lot of people off guard

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
every bending type is 100 times better on the motorcycle.

except air which is for escaping if you lose your motorcycle

edit: if you use earthbending to throw a car at a person it does 51 damage. just full on face full of car: 51 damage.

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 15, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1779861744510189910?t=LAKOV8W5NiaJZmBfAhmz8g&s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oh my god bring back the Han Solo song

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Shinjobi posted:

Oh my god bring back the Han Solo song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

i like how the trailer mentions everything except rocket racing, lol. that mode is just being left to die

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

that's because they're replacing it with rocket podracing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It kind of feels like something got hosed up with rocket racing monetization. Idk how we haven't seen a an actual car skin or some icon movie car.

But I've heard there might be some sort of pass coming to the mode

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Mr Hootington posted:

It kind of feels like something got hosed up with rocket racing monetization. Idk how we haven't seen a an actual car skin or some icon movie car.

But I've heard there might be some sort of pass coming to the mode

The Racing Pass launched last week and it's rubbish.

Supposedly the BttF time machine and the Batmobile are coming to it soon but I expect them to be priced too highly.

For me, the problem with Rocket Racing, is it just feels like a precursor to what Fortnite will eventually do and fold all of Rocket League into it, so it's underbaked as a new experience whilst also feeling I'm late to the game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PriorMarcus posted:

The Racing Pass launched last week and it's rubbish.

Supposedly the BttF time machine and the Batmobile are coming to it soon but I expect them to be priced too highly.

For me, the problem with Rocket Racing, is it just feels like a precursor to what Fortnite will eventually do and fold all of Rocket League into it, so it's underbaked as a new experience whilst also feeling I'm late to the game.

I like Rocket Race, it just feels a little bare bones. They should really do a Mario Kart GP like setup for parties/unranked racing. If they did, they could have team/squad scoring for GPs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New Jam tracks

We should get the next festival announced soon.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My problem with rocket racing is it’s too shallow. It’s fun for what it is, but it seems like there isn’t more there

To be fair I don’t play it, but when you start playing Fortnite for instance it’s immediately obvious there is so much more depth to it than what you initially see

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 17, 2024

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
why would you have a straight racing game as part of one of the most famous shooty shooty games? add weapons and mario cart or twisted metal it

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

twisty rocket racing

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

why would you have a straight racing game as part of one of the most famous shooty shooty games? add weapons and mario cart or twisted metal it

It feels like they wanted to release all the new modes at once but racing was the least developed and they just said "gently caress it, ship it"

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Is the controller autoaim for waterbending busted or what? I get sniped by consecutive shots from outrageous distances when I have to get pixel perfect just to get a shot in

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Apr 17, 2024

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
fire feels the same way for me, the splash is fine, but I can barely hit with normal fire attack on controller.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

InsertPotPun posted:

It’s this. Do more with it. It’s a worse Mario kart than Mario kart, it’s a worse wreckfest than wreckfest, it’s a worse assetto corsa than assetto corsa. It feels a little like rocket league without soccer

What’s it doing to be interesting?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 17, 2024

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Tafferling posted:

Is the controller autoaim for waterbending busted or what? I get sniped by consecutive shots from outrageous distances when I have to get pixel perfect just to get a shot in
it always requires exact aim but if you get a hit it's super easy to spam waterbending "miss miss miss hithithithit"
firebending is super useful if you remember to twist around.
they're all super useful at the right distance.
i'm going to perfect these just in time for them to leave forever

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Beve Stuscemi posted:

It’s this. Do more with it. It’s a worse Mario kart than Mario kart, it’s a worse wreckfest than wreckfest, it’s a worse assetto corsa than assetto corsa. It feels a little like rocket league without soccer

What’s it doing to be interesting?

Fortnite guns strapped to the cars, surely

Shockwave grenade boosts

Magic banana invulnerability

Whatever loot there is in BR this chapter / patch should have something corresponding in Rocket Racing

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

They had that trailer with them surfing on the cars and then the actual mode has you not see your skin at all and tbh that is its biggest crime

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lemme ride shotgun with my kid driving and I can shoot at poo poo with wacky physics weapons and creative power ups like monster truck mode or whatever.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
it really puts the worlds of the last airbender and futurama in a certain light when you see one guy with a shotgun carve through a dozen benders and a bender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

does anyone have a link to the discord ya'll play in? the ones from a few pages back all expired.