Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

WeaponX posted:

I really can’t believe it. I don’t know if this is just the usual NHL medical quackery and he is just one hit away from catastrophe or if his time back in Europe really got him to a good place (prolly the former) but I’m thrilled that he is able to join his team for the playoffs. You know, if he stays healthy- legit concerned for the guy.

Maybe the Rangers found the spinny chair that Pittsburgh used for Crosby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Genuinely curious what kind of shitball temporary jerseys the Utah ___________ will have to wear because there is no way Fanatics gets a new set up and created in time, right?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Utah Hockey Team

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The Utah Lakers.

Noticed that Kuch has 144 points and a +8. I can't imagine having that high a point total with such a low +/- is common. It is not.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't think the Rangers need him in order to wax the Capitals, and, RAS pooh-poohing of the idea aside, unnecessarily exposing him to Wilson for 4+ games seems like an Extremely Bad Idea but what do I know.

The third line has been their 2nd best line in the last month once they got Wennberg, but im not opposed to Chytli and Wenny playing together since they can both play C and wing. I just wonder who the odd man out is. But agreed, I dont think he should be exposed to Wilson.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

MaoistBanker posted:

Genuinely curious what kind of shitball temporary jerseys the Utah ___________ will have to wear because there is no way Fanatics gets a new set up and created in time, right?

Maybe they'll rip the patches off the old ones and hit up the craft store for some fabric glitter glue

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Mr. Kite posted:

The Utah Lakers.

Should be the Salt Lake City Punks!

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Sean Monahan will be playing his 83rd game of the season tonight. How often does that happen?

Good for him too, after so many injuries

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Fake Salt Lake

Plays on the historic MLS franchise there :laugh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Duck Rodgers posted:

Sean Monahan will be playing his 83rd game of the season tonight. How often does that happen?

Tyson Barrie played in 85 games last year.

Bill Guerin also played in 85 games in 2000-01. Those are the only two to have done so outside of the early 90s when it was an 84 game season.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Also, LOL - Canucks fans want to travel to Nashville for the series and what has now become a proud Perds tradition is smacking them in the face:

https://x.com/peteyszn/status/1780822093485219895

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Duck Rodgers posted:

IIRC Marcus Petterson played 84 games the season he was traded to Pittsburgh.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

I don't think you can break up that third line. It's going to be interesting seeing where he slots in IF he actually slots in.

Eh, Wenberg wasn't a bad pickup but he doesn't bring much offense. That line would benefit greatly from Chytil at center, or at least then move Wenberg to win and slide Cuylle down.

Chytil hasn't played much wing in a long time, not sure it's the time to break him into that, but who knows. Rangers are probably going to play coy about whether he's in the lineup until gameday

As for Wilson...I dunno, he's either healthy or he's not at this point. If you have to protect him then just sit him until next year or he needs to retire. If they move on to round 2, who's the next guy we're gonna be saying "yeah but he might hotbrain Chytil better hold him out"

Don't gently caress around in the playoffs thinking "it's ok we can rest so and so until round two" . Play your best lineup you can.

e: SLC had a series of decent minor league teams back in the day. I guess now it's the ECHL team, Utah Grizzley's that play in West Valley, but way back in IHL days they had the Salt Lake Golden Eagles and then after that Tommy Salo played for the Grizzley's in their IHL days.

Levitate fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 18, 2024

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't think the Rangers need him in order to wax the Capitals, and, RAS pooh-poohing of the idea aside, unnecessarily exposing him to Wilson for 4+ games seems like an Extremely Bad Idea but what do I know.

Everyone is fully aware Wilson can do some nasty poo poo but he isn’t what he used to be, you are acting like he is the goddamn terminator. If you start sitting guys or letting a player get in your head because you are scared of hypotheticals, that’s how you lose a series. And on the flip side, I’d love a double major in a close game with one of the leagues best power play.

Rangers are obvious favorites but it’s a dumb random game and anything can happen, play your best players and keep your heads up.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/tsnjr/status/1780980506160505126?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Who wants a Chychrun

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
What the Rangers really need to do is bring Messier in to teach Chytil how to get the butt end of his stick up at jaw level when guys are coming in at him

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If they're dumb and do a collective name it'll be the utah beehive or some poo poo.

Utah Phoenix would be funny though

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 18, 2024

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Utah Dogfuckers

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

heehee posted:

Utah Dogfuckers

The Univetsity of Phoenix Utah Coyotes

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

The Salt Lake Soakers.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Me. You can have a Graves.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

The first 1000 fans tonight will receive Soakers branded temple garments

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

That’ll be a hell of a jersey crest

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is there anything at stake for tonight’s final hockey games? Seeding or such?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Edmonton and Colorado are playing for home ice in the first round. Oilers need a regulation win, Avalanche just need a point

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

grack posted:

Edmonton and Colorado are playing for home ice in the first round. Oilers need a regulation win, Avalanche just need a point

This is incorrect, Winnipeg already secured home ice in the first round against Colorado.

Vancouver vs Winnipeg tonight is for second place in the West and so would determine who would have home ice if they meet in the 3rd round.

E: maybe you meant home ice if Edmonton and Colorado meet in the 3rd round?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

The Kings will lose to either Dallas or Edmonton depending on tonight's game

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Duck Rodgers posted:

This is incorrect, Winnipeg already secured home ice in the first round against Colorado.

Vancouver vs Winnipeg tonight is for second place in the West and so would determine who would have home ice if they meet in the 3rd round.

E: maybe you meant home ice if Edmonton and Colorado meet in the 3rd round?

Hmm

I should probably stop drinking so early in the day

Nahhh

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1781045418752716856

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

MaoistBanker posted:

The Kings will lose to either Dallas or Edmonton depending on tonight's game

Do the Kings move above Vegas with an OT loss and Vegas regulation loss?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Here's a dumb press release

https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17935

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The West matchups are kinda interesting in that 90s Campbell 1v8 sense of seeing matchups you haven't seen a billion times in the past three years

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/wyshynski/status/1781050325312446893?s=46

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
So is this going to be a fake expansion franchise with no history even though it's existed for 34 years?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Mr. Kite posted:

So is this going to be a fake expansion franchise with no history even though it's existed for 34 years?

Nah they'll put up a statue of Keith Tkachuk sulking in a penalty box outside their new arena to properly celebrate Coyotes Culture

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think he's building an arena of any sort in the next 5 years

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ya it needs to be finished and ready by then and that just isn't happening regardless of him winning the auction.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mr. Kite posted:

This is what it sounds like to me. New team with none of the Coyotes records or history. Really really weird.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

shyduck posted:

I don't think he's building an arena of any sort in the next 5 years

Isn't he making a ton of money from the sale of the team that can be used to build a stadium without relying on public funding?

Hahaha, j/k, billionaires don't spend their own money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah I just have no trust in him putting forth a good faith effort after just being handed a billion dollars. I also have a feeling the league doesn't either

edit: We'll probably have an idea after this land auction in the coming weeks

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 18, 2024