Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DaysBefore posted:

He hates JRPGs and as such, should be executed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

yep my colonists are full-bodied goons now. we don't go outside. that's where the Flesh is

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

"Publisher Comes out with Day-Zero Apology Statement Ahead of Triple-A Release" sounds like an Onion that's been done

not AAA but i still fondly remember some mobile game announcing a release date and end-of-service date in the same tweet

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

is fallout 76 worth playing or nah

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

goons randomly hating dunkey is inexplicable but funny

I somehow didn't know who dunkey was until a few months ago when I stumbled across a video of his. Lots of his videos are pretty funny IMO, definitely laughed out loud a few times.

I'm not sure how I managed to exist on the internet as a game-player without ever coming across a dunkey video until 2023 or 2024, though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Buddykins posted:

only you can answer this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I somehow didn't know who dunkey was until a few months ago when I stumbled across a video of his. Lots of his videos are pretty funny IMO, definitely laughed out loud a few times.

I'm not sure how I managed to exist on the internet as a game-player without ever coming across a dunkey video until 2023 or 2024, though.

I know he's a thing that exists but have never really seen him. I've avoided like 95% of all the gaming YouTube and twitch media by just not watching it and playing games instead

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

lol this was literally me. I like the guy. Theres random obscure people i like because theyre just comforting to fall asleep to, like Alchestbreach's Sims playthroughs or MasaeAnela

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buddykins posted:

I think a lot of people like it and if you liked Fallout 4 it's probably a good indicator that you'll have some fun with it. I played it at launch and it was broken as gently caress but I've heard that's gotten better. But it is ultimately a Bethesda game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I continue to have no idea who or what a dunkey is

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

I continue to have no idea who or what a dunkey is

He was voiced by Eddie Murphy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buddykins posted:

it really depends on what you enjoyed about fallout 4. its worth picking up if you enjoyed the base building

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Al! posted:

its worth picking up if you enjoyed the base building

people enjoyed this aspect of fo4? lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Buddykins posted:

Do you have friends to play with?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
But also just wait until the next steam sale and get it for like $5

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

He was voiced by Eddie Murphy

no that was flubber

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buddykins posted:

then dont bother

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
fallout 4 made you build a special chair for Mama Murphy so I built a huge maze that was several stories above the ground and put her chair at the end of it

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

fallout 4 made you build a special chair for Mama Murphy so I built a huge maze that was several stories above the ground and put her chair at the end of it

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

then you need to put a feral ghoul in it like theseus and the minotaur

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Do you have friends to play with?

no :kiddo:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

then you need to put a feral ghoul in it like theseus and the minotaur

its creative poo poo like this i was never good at and probably hampered my enjoyment of certain games lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Buddykins posted:

its creative poo poo like this i was never good at and probably hampered my enjoyment of certain games lol

creative base-building is only really fun if you're doing it with friends. solo base-building is kinda ho-hum because it's like whats the point if no one can see my majestic genius, so I don't really put much time into it. but if i'm playing a game like Grounded or Terraria or Core Keepr or Valheim or 7Days with friends, I go all out with base-building and giant penis towers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

creative base-building is only really fun if you're doing it with friends. solo base-building is kinda ho-hum because it's like whats the point if o one can see my majestic genius

ive never had this problem really, i like building things in games regardless if anyone sees it. hell its better because nobody wants to gently caress with my design

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yeah logging in to Valheim and seeing that one of your friends stayed up until 4 am building a fortress ruled

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scSwaKbE64

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buddykins posted:

Yeah, you'll know if you wanna keep going on first or second session.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buddykins posted:

Full mod-pack Sim Settlements takes the concept and actually does something high effort with it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hell yeah, same. I built a big ol tower and plunked her at the top. She always told me how she liked getting high.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Al! posted:

ive never had this problem really, i like building things in games regardless if anyone sees it. hell its better because nobody wants to gently caress with my design

I can understand this feeling. It's probably a bad comparison but i loved the feeling you get in Civilization games where you can zoom out and just see your whole empire you created and pretend you're a leader. feels like being a kid again

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Preston Garvey: please don't give Mama Murphy more chems, we're trying to get her off the stuff
Vault Dweller: oh for sure, for sure. you said she can see the future when she's on em tho? cool, interesting. I gotta go check out the sky maze real quick

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I like dunkey

I don't think he actually made the video part of this but I cried laughing at it the first time I saw it

https://youtu.be/Npxw4Y7w9RE?si=iBRUzmphdWFGdMXo

The videos he actually makes are funny too tho I think

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

I like dunkey

I don't think he actually made the video part of this but I cried laughing at it the first time I saw it

This one is my favorite for some reason i cant explain and a good intro to him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjci1ODoBs

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

yeah i just like building

don't need no one :mad:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

DoombatINC posted:

well one thing thats fun is: they released a beachfront property dlc in a game that does not yet support beaches or really any coastal landmarking

that's why they just included seemingly unrelated buildings

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We orbing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Orb progress pic (stable branch):

My goal of a billion dimensional cores is nearly complete

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
matt yglesias in robe and wizard hat: ONE BILLION DIMENSIONAL CORES

e: someone photoshop the orb into Rincewind's lap
e2: wait this version fits better

loquacius has issued a correction as of 21:40 on Apr 18, 2024

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Speaking of video gamers on YouTube and whatever, I started watching Tom Walker's stuff after Austin Walker tweeted about him a few weeks ago, and he is fuckin great. Right now he's doing a playthrough of GTAIV where the traffic speed for all of the vehicles has been cranked to the max, and it is total chaos. He and his wife (Demi Lardner) are both comedians, and they are so goddamned funny, it shouldn't be allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I like dunkey

I like the one where he plays Heavy Rain and deliberately fucks up constantly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-VgRHXfmHo