Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Alright seeds planted in the driveway, see how this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

FizFashizzle posted:

Go to the recovery room, which has led the nation in annual PBR sales for like two decades.

...we have PBR at home...

Honest to god I have half a twelve pack on my kitchen table right now and plenty more in Chicago

But I'll check that place out

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I played private league soccer thru high school and lmao at people who think girls sports don't get mean. It is one of those sports I find a lot more fun to play instead of watch, with basketball and tennis in the same spot. I know a lot of people find baseball boring but it's pretty relaxing to me so I'll watch it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

trevorreznik posted:

...we have PBR at home...

Honest to god I have half a twelve pack on my kitchen table right now and plenty more in Chicago

But I'll check that place out

I’m at a tourists game right now drinking pbr ama

I’ve been one time at like 2pm and I went to buy a shirt and was standing there for like ten minutes at the front of the bar and the only person working there just like left. The bar was full and no one even seemed to notice.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Go to the recovery room, which has led the nation in annual PBR sales for like two decades.

One of my favorite dive bars has a trophy from the distributor awarding them for leading the region in PBR sales a bunch of years running lol. I appreciate the gimmick even if I hardly ever drink it anymore.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I played private league soccer thru high school and lmao at people who think girls sports don't get mean. It is one of those sports I find a lot more fun to play instead of watch, with basketball and tennis in the same spot. I know a lot of people find baseball boring but it's pretty relaxing to me so I'll watch it.

My wife used to play indoor soccer and she would come home every week with some gigantic bruise or other injury. Girl sports don't gently caress around. Also they would often get stuck with the absolute worst time slots at the arena. Game at loving midnight lol see you tomorrow I guess

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's being shot with a strong anamorphic lens that blurs and distorts everything on the edge of the frame. There's also a vignetting effect being applied. But the worst part is the awful film grain that looks like total poo poo on any large 4K screen. If you're watching on like a 60" screen or smaller you probably won't notice the grain so much, but it looks absolutely atrocious on anything over 70".

oh no i feel so bad for you, watching on your 70" 4k tv lmao

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

having a sushi party for my birthday on saturday. i'm so freaking excited!!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

trevorreznik posted:

SC chat: I'm going to Charleston tomorrow with friends, it'll be my first time in my life doing a trip to a city where the focus isn't museums (I usually travel to do outdoors stuff). Anything specific we should be doing? It's a bachelor party but mostly seems to be a plan of eating and drinking which I can do just fine in Chicago and I'd like to do something more interesting. They kiboshed m my fishing trip idea . We will be staying on one of those barrier islands.

Which barrier island? That’ll make a big difference in recommendations.

Rec room is prob a top 5 dive in Charleston but it often smells like raw sewage if the tide is right. ACs was my haunt although it’s not the same with a billowing cloud of American Spirit smoke.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Finally getting some friends down to our place for poker this weekend. Gonna smoke a bunch of wings and then win all their cash.

E: as a follow up it's still extremely unclear to me what my coworker did to undercut our CCO, but she apparently had not been happy for a while and was fine with the termination (very possible it was also a "quit or be fired" situation, which we've done before) per a mutual buddy in that office. So may not have been bad after all. Company cut bait, she's happier...

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 19, 2024

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

LeeMajors posted:

Which barrier island? That’ll make a big difference in recommendations.

Rec room is prob a top 5 dive in Charleston but it often smells like raw sewage if the tide is right. ACs was my haunt although it’s not the same with a billowing cloud of American Spirit smoke.

Palms, we are going to a show at Windjammer Friday night and then sat/sun is open for whatever.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

I like the idea of soccer but man I just get so bored when I watch these games sometimes.

Saturday morning NBC usually has 4k EPL games on though and boy those are pretty so I watch a bit.

I love the sport and still play in a rec league but good god there are very few things more soul destroying than watching a game where your team looks like they wouldn't score if they played all day, in a game they must win, and then the other team scores and you can feel them completely give up and just go through the motions.

I've experienced this twice in the past week. And many, many, many more times across these 18 years.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 19, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I took a go gently caress yourself day for my friday and spent most of it in the yard and cleaning and now I'm doin laundry, letting pizza dough age and making sauce while I drink a beer.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BlindSite posted:

I took a go gently caress yourself day for my friday and spent most of it in the yard and cleaning and now I'm doin laundry, letting pizza dough age and making sauce while I drink a beer.

That's a Good Friday

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That's a Good Friday

Feeling quite content. Which is good considering I was feeling somewhat murderous yesterday.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BlindSite posted:

Not Friday for me but I'm already there too.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Just a few hours before I can clock out and go play beach ultimate and get trashed and watch the sunset.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I don’t have much to work on with any kind of priority, and next week is right before the annual spring holidays in Japan (Golden Week) - and my family is flying in next Saturday.

So yeah, not feeling like extending myself too much today.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

Not Friday for me but I'm already there too.

Miller Lite has 1 more carb and 1 more calorie than Mich Ultra, and tastes like actual beer (because it's not malt liquor)

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Feeling quite content. Which is good considering I was feeling somewhat murderous yesterday.

Lucky, wife’s going to go hangout at her friends house in Vegas for the weekend so just gonna be me and all the kids for the weekend. I just wanna smoke and do yardwork now that’s it’s warming up haha. Tried jumping the truck but it’s just dead. So any activities are limited to walks around the neighborhood.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Miller Lite has 1 more carb and 1 more calorie than Mich Ultra, and tastes like actual beer (because it's not malt liquor)

aw

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Lucky, wife’s going to go hangout at her friends house in Vegas for the weekend so just gonna be me and all the kids for the weekend. I just wanna smoke and do yardwork now that’s it’s warming up haha. Tried jumping the truck but it’s just dead. So any activities are limited to walks around the neighborhood.

I just took some thc, making stir fried noodles with velveted beef and chucked on Young Guns.

Gimme all the 90s action movie tropes, a banger cast and just a good ol western.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I just took some thc, making stir fried noodles with velveted beef and chucked on Young Guns.

Gimme all the 90s action movie tropes, a banger cast and just a good ol western.

I’m crossfaded, on second of three tallboys and maybe 2 shots of vodka in the freezer. Taking advantage before the dry weekend. Think I’m gonna throw some yardwork vids on YouTube haha

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cant get my lemon tree to grow. Even tried peeing on it. The other one is goin great guns. But one of em just hanging in there.

Yt was no help.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Well at least in one way life’s not handing you lemons

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

BlindSite posted:

That sounds like a excellent gently caress you Friday and pizza sounds real good right now.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Now I’m looking at Lupine flowers to go with the poppies. They’re native up here and should be cheap getting bulbs

Mixed with poppy

Re: The Football Funhouse Chat of 2024: LOOK AT MY FLOWERS

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

Now I’m looking at Lupine flowers to go with the poppies. They’re native up here and should be cheap getting bulbs

Mixed with poppy

Re: The Football Funhouse Chat of 2024: LOOK AT MY FLOWERS

You should throw some Indian Paintbrush in there, always was one of my favorite wildflowers even if it’s stupid common

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

You should throw some Indian Paintbrush in there, always was one of my favorite wildflowers even if it’s stupid common

Looked em up cause they look familiar (small groups on the rocky east side of the mountain) and they’re on the list of local water savings plant list, red orange and purple, I’m down

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

Looked em up cause they look familiar (small groups on the rocky east side of the mountain) and they’re on the list of local water savings plant list, red orange and purple, I’m down

Hell yeah, I’m an Oregon native and all and lord knows we’ve got our trilliums and rhododendrons and whatever else (Marionberries I guess, which are gussied up blackberries, and nobody really gets excited about that stuff growing all over), but thanks to coming of age in western Montana I’m a high desert kid at heart, love me some sage and paintbrush and beargrass, throw in ponderosa and I’m set

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Mixed with some

Driveway be all

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Docjowles posted:

My wife used to play indoor soccer and she would come home every week with some gigantic bruise or other injury. Girl sports don't gently caress around. Also they would often get stuck with the absolute worst time slots at the arena. Game at loving midnight lol see you tomorrow I guess

Nah this is just indoor soccer in general. I got coaxed into playing for my work league despite never playing in any sort of soccer league in my life ("Oh you played baseball a lot as a kid? You can be goalie!") and had some fuckin' games at midnight on a Tuesday. gently caress that noise.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Also thinking of a decoration for the middle of the small garden. Powered waterfalls and bird baths are lame, so I’m leaning a simple cairn straight outta rear end creed.

Start hunting big flat rocks

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

trevorreznik posted:

Palms, we are going to a show at Windjammer Friday night and then sat/sun is open for whatever.

There’s a big air show this weekend at Charleston AFB with the Thunderbirds that could be fun, but that’s pretty far from IOP. Charleston’s main draw is food, drink and beach and it gets a little boring sometimes. There are tons of nice breweries with good outdoor spaces. Check out the brewery trolley that should be running this weekend downtown. For food check out Xiao Bao Biscuit on Spring St, Lewis BBQ for brisket. If you’re staying east don’t sleep on the little bar and restaurant area on Sullivans. Poes is cool and has good burgers. Obstinate Daughter gets good reviews also.

If yall want to get outside you can catch a ferry to Capers or Bull island to gently caress off and look at big gators and ghost trees on the beach. Big wild areas. There are fishing charters galore too. Kayaking or paddle board rentals at Shem creek (Coastal Expeditions has good guides).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I weeded and turned the soil in my flower beds last weekend and I'm hoping to get some decent veggies and herbs this year. I also want to get some decent bulbs, not just tulips, too that aren't too much work. I think next year I'll put tall posts or trelisses in one and grow peas and green beans.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

LeeMajors posted:

There’s a big air show this weekend at Charleston AFB with the Thunderbirds that could be fun, but that’s pretty far from IOP. Charleston’s main draw is food, drink and beach and it gets a little boring sometimes. There are tons of nice breweries with good outdoor spaces. Check out the brewery trolley that should be running this weekend downtown. For food check out Xiao Bao Biscuit on Spring St, Lewis BBQ for brisket. If you’re staying east don’t sleep on the little bar and restaurant area on Sullivans. Poes is cool and has good burgers. Obstinate Daughter gets good reviews also.

If yall want to get outside you can catch a ferry to Capers or Bull island to gently caress off and look at big gators and ghost trees on the beach. Big wild areas. There are fishing charters galore too. Kayaking or paddle board rentals at Shem creek (Coastal Expeditions has good guides).

Sweet, thanks. Gator watching sounds fun, I don't think I've ever seen a wild one

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Abugadu posted:

Just a few hours before I can clock out and go play beach ultimate and get trashed and watch the sunset.

I miss beach ultimate. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get to play ultimate again. I’m old and out of shape and things hurt a lot more now. Plus all my friends have stopped playing too. Sigh.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a sexual elk posted:

Mixed with some

Driveway be all

This is similar to what I am doing, except I am going to try to do initial planting in alternating columns so I will have an Orange and Blue UF themed garden.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I was disabused of the notion of women's sports being kind many years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Piuuqqs10

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Can anyone who follows MLB explain why it's so hard for them to fire Angel Hernandez? Why is the MLB's Umpire union so influential?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Can anyone who follows MLB explain why it's so hard for them to fire Angel Hernandez? Why is the MLB's Umpire union so influential?

I don't follow MLB closely, but umpires are the cops of baseball. If that helps answer the question.