Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ince-mcmahons-post-wwe-life-trump-connections-legal-woes-travel-rcna147613

What Counts as trying to soften his image I guess posted:

For instance, on an afternoon in late March, McMahon returned on a private plane to the United States from the sunny Turks and Caicos Islands -- but he wasn’t alone, according to a person close to him. He had with him seven kittens and a puppy, all of which he brought back to be adopted by his friends, this person added.

Can't wait to see what bright idea after the WBF and XFL this produces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince mcmahon presents... the puppy bowl

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Jerry Lawler voice: PUPPIES

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The same article states "McMahon has not stayed in contact with WWE leaders, but has been in touch with John Cena and Dwayne Johnson, two of the wrestling outfit’s biggest success stories." Which, considering the Rock is on the TKO board, is incredibly loving stupid.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

KungFu Grip posted:

Jerry Lawler voice: PUPPIES

lmao

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Just imagining Vince doing his own disastrous image rehab interview like Joss Whedon tried and trying to comprehend how much worse it would be than "admitting he killed a child."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I can't believe the pizza wrestler milkshake ducked so soon.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

scientists predict that within the next five years wrestlers will start milkshake ducking before they even debut

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AlmightyBob posted:

scientists predict that within the next five years wrestlers will start milkshake ducking before they even debut

The whole internet loves Wrestling Dan, a lovely Dan that wrestles! *5 seconds later* We regret to inform you the wrestler is a wrestler

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

AlmightyBob posted:

You may jest but a precog wrestler could make for a pretty entertaining gimmick

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

im saint germain posted:

You may jest but a precog wrestler could make for a pretty entertaining gimmick

Spider-Man started as a wrestler after all.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince mcmahon presents... the puppy bowl

AEW's version when the pandemic first popped off was pretty good.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The best of whatever remains of his PR team decided to say he brought back kittens and puppies as if that's going to soften the image of a man under investigation for sex trafficking

Remarkable

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Not gonna lie, I feel sorry for those cats.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Did he have room for any sledgehammers on the plane or did he leave them behind to fit more kittens?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
He only adopted those kittens so he could juggle them

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Did anyone ask the source if these friends know they're adopting some puppies and kittens?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/AEWonTV/status/1780779234186731968

Swerve loving rules.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AlmightyBob posted:

I keep expecting to see a headline that says, "WWE now using AI to generate storylines"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gavok posted:

Swerve loving rules.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1780955263660339408?t=hd2q9W9BfZ9SV5mdBeRzvQ&s=19

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Stone cold stunner except they fall through the fuselage

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Good thing his wife attended the January 6th Capitol insurrection to give Congress a few pointers.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
WWE wrestlers vs Terrorists in a plane fight is the kind of project that Mr Beast should be putting together.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

He means the bodyguards would do this, right? Can't injure a knee or anything.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jamesman posted:

WWE wrestlers vs Terrorists in a plane fight is the kind of project that Mr Beast should be putting together.

Edge had some practice on the money plane

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Why the hell has this movie not been made.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

well there was a series of books about wwe wrestles secretly being top tier operators taking on terrorists

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The best of whatever remains of his PR team decided to say he brought back kittens and puppies as if that's going to soften the image of a man under investigation for sex trafficking

Remarkable

I was going to say he probably hates cats for being disrespectful or some other weird rear end reason but Vince probably thinks pet ownership is weakness. There is no way the guy who thinks sneezing is a personal weakness/failing would think caring for any animal not making you money was acceptable. He probably wanted to throw his children out on the street if he didn't have the long term plan of making them debase themselves on national TV for decades.

Cartoon Man posted:

Why the hell has this movie not been made.

Vince goes insane and they have to choke him out because he thinks any brown person could be a "terrorist".

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thinking about the time the saudi government ordered all the wwe wrestlers off their planes and held them at gun point because vince was trying to screw the crown prince out of a deal and he purposely flew out of the country way before anyone knew and stranded his talent there

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The same article states "McMahon has not stayed in contact with WWE leaders, but has been in touch with John Cena and Dwayne Johnson, two of the wrestling outfit’s biggest success stories." Which, considering the Rock is on the TKO board, is incredibly loving stupid.

if i was the rock or cena i would immediatly deny that poo poo. although knowing both of them their probably mega chuds and dont care and its true. hollywood wont care either look at mel gibson and roman polanski

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KungFu Grip posted:

thinking about the time the saudi government ordered all the wwe wrestlers off their planes and held them at gun point because vince was trying to screw the crown prince out of a deal and he purposely flew out of the country way before anyone knew and stranded his talent there

This was also a month after MBS had Jamal Khashoggi killed.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

This was also a month after MBS had Jamal Khashoggi killed.

And right after Stephanie was on tv cracking jokes about Jamal being killed.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

AlmightyBob posted:

well there was a series of books about wwe wrestles secretly being top tier operators taking on terrorists

It's always been so weird to me that WWE wrestlers are real people, playing characters, but those characters are supposed to be real, and then there's these official fanfictions created around these real/fictional characters where they're secret agents, or hanging out with the Flintstones.

Like, yes, there's fanfiction about real people. There's fanfiction about fictional characters and universes. But I feel like the WWE stuff, aside from being official products from the company, walks along this blurred line of who/what is being depicted that I can't think of anything else like it. The closest that comes to mind is that one Simpsons episode where Lucy Lawless can fly.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Alien vs Hogan

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Alien vs Hogan

My money's on a screwy finish.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

I know the pizza wrestler, is a sentence I have now said

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Alien vs Hogan

Hogan's contract allows him to negotiate directly with the queen.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

In case somehow anybody here doesn't know this, Swerve was Killshot in Lucha Underground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUWCXa04bY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hogan being told to look in the egg and saying that doesnt work for me brother forcing kane to look inside at the last minute