Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
the real dungeon meshi begins now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
maybe the real dungeon was the friends we turned into part of the dungeon along the way

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

Kabru should have a bag of popcorn every time he’s on screen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's met laios for 5 seconds and in that time he's correctly assessed that Laios doesnt remember him, the whole situation was a misunderstanding, and the treasure was a trap. :allears:

If he saw the kobold Laios would remember them instantly. :v

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 19, 2024

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sadly, they cut a scene i wouldve loved to see animated

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Tying back in to the theme of eating in general and in dungeons, we see here that Kabru subsists primarily on interpersonal drama and folks, he is feasting.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Kabru needs to invent electronics, the internet, and podcasts all so he can chat about mega-felonies

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Nobody introduce Kabru to reality tv shows, or he'll never leave the house.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

DrSunshine posted:

Nobody introduce Kabru to reality tv shows, or he'll never leave the house.

Man, Kabru is WRITING this worlds first Soap Opera

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Luckyyyyyyy

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MiracleFlare posted:

Kabru needs to invent electronics, the internet, and podcasts all so he can chat about mega-felonies

As if he wouldn’t be the mark Zuckerberg of dungeon land

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Yeah, not very many people get to pick up Senshi.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
Dwarves are clearly much, much stronger than tall-men, as we can clearly see in the rematch with the Undine. Like, Laios is a very fit lad, swimming and diving with armor and all and yet Namari had to fill in for him stand up to the Undine waterjet.

So to see her manhandle a fit dwarf like a plushie really puts into perspective how strong ogres are.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’d honestly thought that Marcille had cast something like “stone to mud” on the wall they hid in

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/vizmedia/status/1296869734663827461?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Sander posted:

Dwarves are clearly much, much stronger than tall-men, as we can clearly see in the rematch with the Undine. Like, Laios is a very fit lad, swimming and diving with armor and all and yet Namari had to fill in for him stand up to the Undine waterjet.

So to see her manhandle a fit dwarf like a plushie really puts into perspective how strong ogres are.

To be fair, in that position there's not much he can do with strength alone, and all that dense bone and muscle is doing is choking him out faster. Both of them are very strong (and ogres are stronger), but let's not underestimate the importance of size.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Once he's off the ground, he has no leverage. Nothing to push off of to use his strength.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

Hihohe posted:

Man, Kabru is WRITING this worlds first Soap Opera

I regret to inform you than an extras comic from the Anime screening has revealed elves have already invented and mastered the art of the soap opera. LINK

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Lazy Fair posted:

I regret to inform you than an extras comic from the Anime screening has revealed elves have already invented and mastered the art of the soap opera. LINK

...the comments in this are full of spoilers, of course, so I would...strongly advise anyone who wants to read the (spoiler free) comic bits to just close the tab immediately afterward.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I keep thinking of Kabru just staring at Laios waiting for a "and what's your name?" that never comes and laughing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Tade is delightful. I like that these characters obviously have a whole set of issues and dynamics of their own that we're just barely seeing.

However for the life of me I don't understand the bit with the portraits.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Tade is delightful. I like that these characters obviously have a whole set of issues and dynamics of their own that we're just barely seeing.

The nanny was imagining the uninterrupted line of pure and elegant Japanese noblemen suddenly having a half-white heir after Toshiro marries Falin. She's kind of racist, so the idea puts her off. This is emphasized by having the artstyle of the portrait switch from traditional Japanese to more Western.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 19, 2024

Isambard K. Brunel
Nov 2, 2011

``...an explosion in the engine room ... would have destroyed a lesser ship''

Maxwell Lord posted:

They are imagining a hypothetical child of Falin and Shuro

Henker
May 5, 2009

Clarste posted:

The nanny was imagining the uninterrupted line of pure and elegant Japanese noblemen suddenly having a half-white heir after Toshiro marries Falin. She's kind of racist, so the idea puts her off. This is emphasized by having the artstyle of the portrait switch from traditional Japanese to more Western.

One detail I liked was that the Falin/Shuro heir was rocking a Van Dyke, a facial hair style that was popular during the 17th century and is often associated with painters from the Low Countries region (parts of continental Europe bordering the North Sea). "Touden" is a real word in Old Frisian, which was a language spoken in some of the Low Countries. Laios and Falin are from fantasy Belgium.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

also loving: how poo poo Shuro looks right now compared to the flashback of him asking for help

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I keep thinking of Kabru just staring at Laios waiting for a "and what's your name?" that never comes and laughing.

Kabru gets people pretty well. He knows Laios will never ask his name.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

chiasaur11 posted:

Kabru gets people pretty well. He knows Laios will never ask his name.

He may know it, but he still reflexively is pained by the lack of it.

Because he’s a weird little hyper social gremlin.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Henker posted:

One detail I liked was that the Falin/Shuro heir was rocking a Van Dyke, a facial hair style that was popular during the 17th century and is often associated with painters from the Low Countries region (parts of continental Europe bordering the North Sea). "Touden" is a real word in Old Frisian, which was a language spoken in some of the Low Countries. Laios and Falin are from fantasy Belgium.

they keep saying North so I thought they were from fantasy Sweden

but that would probably make them even more aloof

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what's the text say?

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Illegible, it's made up overcomplicated quasi-kanji.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It looks like a talisman but oddly enough the script looks more chinese talisman fulu script than japanese ones

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I don't like this guy. He acts too much like me

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I liked Chilchuck reverse engineering Dungeon generation.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I do not truly get Kabru’s deal. What’s this man’s end game?

Also the cleaners being the immune system is really cool but the “what if the dungeon had a digestive system” comment being glazed over is really foreboding

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Shoehead posted:

I liked Chilchuck reverse engineering Dungeon generation.

Chilchuck strikes me as the kind of guy that crimps his own Cat-5 cables. He's not a rogue or a thief, but a dungeoneer.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Laios: Monsters | Kabru: People

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I am assured that his ultimate and only goal is to kiss Laios on the mouth.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rand Brittain posted:

I am assured that his ultimate and only goal is to kiss Laios on the mouth.

Buddy, they don’t even let…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Synthbuttrange posted:

Laios: Monsters | Kabru: People

Kabru's a cannibal?!