Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The impressive thing about the story is that he wasn't being constantly team killed by mortars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Bottom Liner posted:

Expendable anti tank just flops 50% of the time for me despite lining the reticle up on a weak spot from crouch. What am I doing wrong?

EATS appear to have "rocket drop" at a much closer range than Recoilless Rifle. Aim high to compensate.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I love that element 710 is just OIL upside down and backwards. Whoever came up with the fiction for this universe is clever as hell, there’s always little poo poo that makes me chuckle.

Like stealth giving your crew meth and steroids to make them move 10% faster for some stratagems. Love it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tehinternet posted:

I love that element 710 is just OIL upside down and backwards. Whoever came up with the fiction for this universe is clever as hell, there’s always little poo poo that makes me chuckle.

Like stealth giving your crew meth and steroids to make them move 10% faster for some stratagems. Love it.

Spending 8 weeks on a course to learn how to package ammunition more efficiently is a particularly good bit of flavor text from the most recent set of ship modules.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol if it takes 8 weeks for that patch to go through

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I really like all the little notes which heavily imply the only reason helldivers are used to do anything rather than nuking sites from orbit is because it’s much much cheaper.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Spending 8 weeks on a course to learn how to package ammunition more efficiently is a particularly good bit of flavor text from the most recent set of ship modules.

Also, adding pepper and mustard oil to make your incendiary weapons more burny.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Using superglue on the orbital guns to make them work better is really funny too.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Using superglue on the orbital guns to make them work better is really funny too.

And filling them with polystyrene packing material (peanut-shaped) to make them more blast-resistant.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the innovation of breech loading your super destroyer's orbital cannons

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

explosivo posted:

It's state of the art cyanoacrylates for 50% more life on your sentries! Not orbitals.

Also the faster tracking is due to like, Super Lube (??)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

tehinternet posted:

Whoever came up with the fiction for this universe is clever as hell, there’s always little poo poo that makes me chuckle.

Like stealth giving your crew meth and steroids

This one is unfortunately real.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

This one is unfortunately real.

True, but all good satire has elements of reality in them.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

the innovation of breech loading your super destroyer's orbital cannons

Some poor bastard has to muzzle load the gatling gun until that upgrade is added. That guy isn't getting paid enough.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Horace Kinch posted:

Some poor bastard has to muzzle load the gatling gun until that upgrade is added. That guy isn't getting paid enough.

Agreed, he should unionize!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dandywalken posted:

Agreed, he should unionize!

And be like those filthy communist automatons? I THINK NOT. :ancap:

(side note I wonder if the choice of Black and Yellow for the Helldivers was just a coincidence given how both ancaps and libertarians use the color schema)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

caused a glitch last night while prepping a strategem and opening the mini-map right after landing

https://i.imgur.com/E3JH99J.mp4

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I really do wonder how these yahoo's even made it into space, let alone discovered FTL travel. Considering the kind of poo poo that's in the upgrade menu, you'd think they would have toasted/frozen the whole earth ages ago by trying to super-size the planet's orbit or something.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Well the hologram of Super Earth does suspiciously have all landmass as bright green

E: on assisted reflection I realise that of course all land on the planet is a well maintained democratic lawn and always has been.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I really do wonder how these yahoo's even made it into space, let alone discovered FTL travel. Considering the kind of poo poo that's in the upgrade menu, you'd think they would have toasted/frozen the whole earth ages ago by trying to super-size the planet's orbit or something.

i think its meant to show the kind of brain rot that kind of system would create. the helldivers get cast off tech that MBA reduce cost on to an extreme. the actual required poo poo gets real govt funding and attention, but everything else is privatized and dogshit

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
You go to galactic war with the army you have

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Weren't the Cyborgs in HD1 a human splinter group? Given that they and the Automatons seem to have their poo poo considerably more together than the SEF, it seems plausible that the latter started out as a parasite society that consumed its host.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Why can I 1 shot a bile spewer with an impact grenade that does 400 explosive damage, but I can't with the crossbow that does 420 explosive damage.

Also, why can't I kill bugholes with the crossbow? If it's possible I can't figure it out, I spent a couple of magazines trying to hit every portion of one.

And unless I missed something it can't even blow open containers.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 19, 2024

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Also, new major order: Succeed in defending at least 10 planets

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Ice Fist posted:

Well that certainly feels like punishment for obliterating the previous order.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bandire posted:

Considering they gave significantly less time to complete it, yeah

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
They saw were slightly successful so they vastly overestimated how much we can accomplish. I fits in universe.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

lol if it takes 8 weeks for that patch to go through

lol it will

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

Why can I 1 shot a bile spewer with an impact grenade that does 400 explosive damage, but I can't with the crossbow that does 420 explosive damage.

Also, why can't I kill bugholes with the crossbow? If it's possible I can't figure it out, I spent a couple of magazines trying to hit every portion of one.

There's hidden damage types like "structure damage" that factor in as well.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

Yeah, the crossbow feels really bad and probably shouldn't be the capstone weapon from that warbond. The Eruptor is better in every way.

suuma fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 19, 2024

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The crossbow isn't bad, it is actually pretty good.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Just opened it on PS5 and got a "the item you are looking at is no longer on the store" and now the Super Credits section of the Acquisition Centre has now vanished - is this a known/expected thing?

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

The crossbow bolt has a different penetration value than the splash damage. I think the explosive damage from the crossbow can't actually penetrate D6+ green spewer armor, so it feels really bad against them.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Ice Fist posted:

Bandire posted:

Yeah, Joel heard us talking poo poo

Also, defense campaigns suck

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Also, defense campaigns suck

The new defense mission owns though, so maybe not?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

BadLlama posted:

The new defense mission owns though, so maybe not?

He's talking about campaigns not individual missions. Successfully defending 10 planets in 5 days is virtually impossible with the maximum rate we can defend them at. They should at the very least give partial credit for defending any planets so that it doesn't feel so futile.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
There's basically no way to win a defence campaign unless the community is focused on a single planet as well, even splitting between two planets is a challenge and there's currently five active so we're 100% hosed.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We beat the MO five days early so they're just making us hackey sack our own scrotes for a while until the actual next thing is supposed to happen.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bandire posted:

He's talking about campaigns not individual missions. Successfully defending 10 planets in 5 days is virtually impossible with the maximum rate we can defend them at. They should at the very least give partial credit for defending any planets so that it doesn't feel so futile.

Oh yeah, that's true.

Thought they meant the missions during defense sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Helldiversmedia/status/1781109817329000843?t=cSrt5PygwBeTmz3UgwnXUw&s=19

Two memes in one.