Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GlyphGryph posted:

What's the best video game where its set in a dream, and/or what's the best video game you ever dreamed of playing.

I'm stiiiiiiiill in a dreeeeeeeeam

Snake Eateeeeeer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ZCKaiser posted:

Eternal Sonata, set largely in the dying dream of Frederick Chopin.

This was an amazingly dumb game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1781103688603308214

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is back on the Xbox store for some reason

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sounds like xbox is winning again.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They wont win until the restart the BC program and add Burnout 3 and JSRF

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In the console wars, there are no winners. Only losers (the gamers)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Only the dead have seen the end of the console wars.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

In the console wars, there are no winners. Only losers (the gamers)

Gamers have always been losers

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Wa7bt5P34

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol this scene was amazing in the anime. i still cant believe the balls on them to direct an entire season of a single night's tournament. baki FTW

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a server technical test out now until the end of this weekend for xDefiant on uplay app, xbox, and playstation. Live service first person shooter from UBISoft that is meant to compete with Call of Duty. It was suppose to be out last September, but for whatever reason it was delayed and has been radio silent until this last week. No official release date yet for the 1.0 launch.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/DirtyEffinHippy/status/1781376151589703826?t=UMUt23v-UpVxs_XMzNqmXw&s=19

:chloe:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

the gently caress

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

there's nothing that makes a woman feel more safe and open to meeting you later than being lied to and manipulated

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

I said come in! posted:

There is a server technical test out now until the end of this weekend for xDefiant on uplay app, xbox, and playstation. Live service first person shooter from UBISoft that is meant to compete with Call of Duty. It was suppose to be out last September, but for whatever reason it was delayed and has been radio silent until this last week. No official release date yet for the 1.0 launch.

Apparently it's still not good according to a Discord guy I know who just played it. Too bad.

This did lead me to look up what kind of Hunt Showdown / extraction type games are coming up though, as they're more my vibe and two look really promising. First is Beautiful Light, which has gotten a fair amount of attention, and second is Blight: Survival which looks loving incredible. It's in pre-alpha but goddamn has it piqued my interest.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
There’s Synduality, an extraction game with mechs from Bandai, but apparently impressions of the beta were not great

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's very bad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've heard they are called "extraction" games because they're about as fun as getting a tooth pulled!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Synduality's main issue for me is it has the combat of a fast robot game, but the controls of a slow robot game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus :wtc:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

what the gently caress

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

what the gently caress

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just normal tech-bro things?

mystes
May 31, 2006

I feel like that should be a crime but I guess it probably isn't

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

weird

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It wouldnt surprise me if this was ArenaNet. But there are a lot of game developers in Seattle.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

A regular recurring thing in my dreams is that I'll be out and about somewhere and realize I want to go home, but that's far away, but luckily I forgot that I have another house that I just... forgot I have. Sometimes in my dreams it's a place I was paying rent on but moved somewhere else and never stopped, sometimes it's a place I bought and never got around to moving into, but most often it's just... my place. It's a place that is mine, and I could have gone there anytime but I just... forgot to.

I started having very similar dreams almost immediately upon moving across the country for the first time. It was extremely confusing waking up in a totally new place that was also completely different from the place in my dream!

Still have those dreams occasionally. Most of the time it's very similar to that feeling of realizing you forgot to cancel a subscription for like a year except it's rent on a whole rear end apartment.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
just looked up some xDefiant screens...so, this is not the battle royale that took place in a virtual Paris that they showed some years ago? what the hell was that one called?

edit: it was hyperscape

ymgve fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 19, 2024

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
that one already released and closed down

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ymgve posted:

just looked up some xDefiant screens...so, this is not the battle royale that took place in a virtual Paris that they showed some years ago? what the hell was that one called?

edit: it was hyperscape

Yeah, xDefiant is an arena shooter, its Call of Duty multiplayer but with UBISoft characters.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it has classes with hero shooter abilities
but designwise they're all "generic guy with assault rifle"

mystes
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

It wouldnt surprise me if this was ArenaNet. But there are a lot of game developers in Seattle.
If it wasn't just some crazy stalker pretending to be a nonexistent company and a company actually brought her in just to pull this bullshit she should name them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mystes posted:

If it wasn't just some crazy stalker pretending to be a nonexistent company and a company actually brought her in just to pull this bullshit she should name them

Yeah the fact that she said she didnt want to out of fear of being blacklisted, makes me believe its one of the big studios in Seattle.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Yeah the fact that she said she didnt want to out of fear of being blacklisted, makes me believe its one of the big studios in Seattle.

They should still name them, even if they have to leak it out, gently caress that noise

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

I said come in! posted:

i think you might be the only person on this entire forum looking forward to xD but let the lurkers speak should they be

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cumpantry posted:

i think you might be the only person on this entire forum looking forward to xD but let the lurkers speak should they be

honestly after this technical test, this game will probably disappear again and then never release.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it disappears from my mind 5 mins after re-learning about it

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I thought X Defiant was that Ubisoft shooter with aliens or something, but nope, I was thinking about R6 Extraction? Which apparently died shortly after launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

extraction is really cool its too bad that, it kinda alienates both people that dont play siege and siege players that dont like pve