Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I learned that the best way to deal with Big Angry Sphere is to caravan all my colonists off the map when it's about to go Big Angry, because it breaks free, sits around the map for thirty seconds or so, then leaves cause there's no targets for it to shoot. Take that, round boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

:popeye:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

How much can you chronopagy? Can you do it so much that the invoker turns into a child? Or maybe skips and reverts to a fetus or ploops out of existence :staredog:

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
How likely is it that I can continue a 1.4 playthrough if I remove Vanilla Expanded mods that aren't being updated in 1.5? Looks like a few faction mods that I kind of forgot about. Vikings/Insectoids

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

Removing mods mid-playthrough is generally a bad idea unless they're just textures or something; with as large as VE mods are, it'd probably completely break your save.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Geomancing posted:

I learned that the best way to deal with Big Angry Sphere is to caravan all my colonists off the map when it's about to go Big Angry, because it breaks free, sits around the map for thirty seconds or so, then leaves cause there's no targets for it to shoot. Take that, round boy.

Just caravan out
you can leave!!!

work
party during crunch
recreation need
raid__________________________________da anomaly z0ne
royal hosting quests
organ harvesting
clothes related temperature need
too expensive traders
animals if your quick
horrors from beyond

IF IT SUCKS...
HIT DA BRICKS!
real winner's relocate

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Hihohe posted:

How much can you chronopagy? Can you do it so much that the invoker turns into a child? Or maybe skips and reverts to a fetus or ploops out of existence :staredog:

I suspect that 13 is the hard cap. Since that's the lowest age a pawn has access to all skills an adult pawn has.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Age 13 is also the last growth moment so it would make sense to put a floor there so you can't get infinite traits. In general you don't want to go below 18 though since your body size becomes smaller and that's generally a net negative.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Zombies attacking my god drat walls I AM SETTING UP MY NUCLEAR PLANT RIGHT NOW STOP INTERRUPTING ME I NEED MORE POWER

How is a man supposed to do mad science like this who keeps creating them

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Danaru posted:

Zombies attacking my god drat walls I AM SETTING UP MY NUCLEAR PLANT RIGHT NOW STOP INTERRUPTING ME I NEED MORE POWER

How is a man supposed to do mad science like this who keeps creating them

tricky to be a solo supervillain so the optimal answer is usually "send some expendable meatshields to go punch Z's while you're in the kitchen cooking up new warcrimes"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder what happens if you fill the horror containment rooms with radioactive waste.

I keep trying to get a zombie with no legs so it presumably can't escape but alas I have not gotten lucky yet. And they also don't seem to be reactive to being tox gassed while in the holding rooms either.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just a reminder that Bioferrite flooring increases containment score

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I lucked into Locust armour and a charge minigun fairly early so I've mostly had my hussar blasting the swarm, leaping away, and blasting at them again. It's just slow and I have to keep the game speed low or risk leaping too late :argh:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My colony got metal horror'ed.

The game owns.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I saw people say that surgical checks won't find a metal horror unless you've already found evidence of them, is that the case? I've been checking all my newcomers just in case

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Danaru posted:

I saw people say that surgical checks won't find a metal horror unless you've already found evidence of them, is that the case? I've been checking all my newcomers just in case

Kinda. New joiners that might have a metalhorror don't actually spawn with a metalhorror, they spawn with an invisible flag that basically says 'might have a metal horror'. Then, a period of time after they join the colony, it actually runs the event that either removes the 'might have a metalhorror' flag or gives them an actual metalhorror, which is around the time that they drop the grey flesh bit.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That is a genius and also deeply upsetting way of implementing that, god drat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also each "family" of them have their own separate biosignature you need to isolate, so a new one you won't have the signature for until you get some of its pickups.

I assume if you've interrogated them enough to spot it, doing a surgery will still cause it to emerge, but you can't detect them just with out-of-game bad vibes.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 19, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
they made a change yesterday to make sure it shouldn't go past 50% of your colonists being infected before the party starts, at that point they just all jump out and say hey

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Making hamburgers out of monsters is bad I'm guessing?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Waste not!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Not sure about eating but I had a colonist mad about wearing boots made of some horror

Which sucks because there's no wardrobe option for that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah it's like human flesh, gotta just avoid making them.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Or embrace an all cannibal colony and reap the rewards. (Ideology, starting scenario forced traits, character editor, dev moding, etc)

Makes me think we're missing a trait for Super Misanthropist who loves abandoning their humanity.

I avoid cooking with spooky meat because based on things like Metal Horror/The Thing events ingesting potentially contaminated meat seems to be asking for trouble.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I guess I'll just feed the meat to the trees instead
That surely can't go wrong.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

As far as I can tell it's... fine? Probably has a higher chance of food poisoning though I haven't had to use it much, main problem is there's a predictable -10 mood malus for eating mutant tumor meat. I presume you can feed it to pets with only occasional canine zombieism.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Nothing beats getting a death pall while you're patching up your colony after fending off a huge raid.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah it's like human flesh, gotta just avoid making them.

Some rear end in a top hat raider was wearing them when he died on my property :argh: I had to get them outside, forbid them, and hit them with the flamethrower. See you in hell you stupid boot

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

TBF making kibble out of undesirable meat types has always been covered under “waste not” for Rimworld.

Waiting for a mod which introduces an Anomoly Gourmand meme where your pawns get depressed if they haven’t dined on the New Flesh recently.

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.

Doomykins posted:

Or embrace an all cannibal colony and reap the rewards. (Ideology, starting scenario forced traits, character editor, dev moding, etc)

Makes me think we're missing a trait for Super Misanthropist who loves abandoning their humanity.

I avoid cooking with spooky meat because based on things like Metal Horror/The Thing events ingesting potentially contaminated meat seems to be asking for trouble.

I almost always have a Cannibalism: Acceptable meme, so big raids are really just free meat

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I think my next colony will be pure evil abyss worshippers and it'd be rad to work in eating the flesh of the monsters to "ascend." Maybe by the time big modders get their first wave of content made for Anomaly!

Kate Lockwell posted:

I almost always have a Cannibalism: Acceptable meme, so big raids are really just free meat

Yeah, it's a bit cheesy but I'm almost always drawn back to a set-up that lets me turn people into resources. Skullspikes and Cannibalism can be gotten under Supremacy alone.

I have done a pure good run or two to help balance my typical Rimworld evil. That also might be fun to go back to, druidic purifiers doing everything to repel the abyss. :thunk:

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 19, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I took in a heavily mutated wanderer that claimed to have escaped from a cultist camp.
Seemed like a decent guy, until he took a stray bullet during a firefight, and immediately turned hostile, and let out a scream that summoned a bunch of sightstealers.
I assume he would have betrayed me eventually?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I do the same thing when I stub my toe

poo poo hurts

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Jack Trades posted:

it's actually slightly better than eating people because it's -10 mood instead of -20. if it has other effects i haven't seen them

that said it also makes fine kibble so if you have a lot of animals that's probably a better use for it

for dreadleather, it makes good sandbags. it doesn't seem that much better than other leathers in terms of durability unless i'm misinterpreting these stats

e: okay, I tell a lie, it's actually about as good as the heavier leathers like elephant or rhino according to the wiki. Still doesn't hold a candle to thrumbofur though.

President Ark fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 19, 2024

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Geomancing posted:

I got a timely gorehulk raid just as it was about to start ignoring suppression, it tore through them in no time and started jumping toward the base but vanished literally one jump away from the bedrooms. Problem solved!

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I'm playing on a lower difficulty, which makes the nociosphere even more dangerous because the few enemies that show up unable to stand against it for long enough for it to exhaust itself. Running away, waiting, and coming back was the only thing I could think of. And it worked!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fun fact about the Nociosphere: Siccing it on a trade caravan doesn't seem to count as a hostile action. Sorry imperial caravan, this horrible pain sphere just appeared out of nowhere, don't worry I'll put all those bionics and power armor to good use for you. :ssh:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Geomancing posted:

I'm playing on a lower difficulty, which makes the nociosphere even more dangerous because the few enemies that show up unable to stand against it for long enough for it to exhaust itself. Running away, waiting, and coming back was the only thing I could think of. And it worked!

can you hide your pawns in transport pods to keep it from being able to aggro on them?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

The description of the mood debuff you get from eating twisted meat made me feel physically ill in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Sheesh you would think that the boss of a faction that I just skip abducted would be worth more