Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

"Sexy times" bothers me less than "fell pregnant," which bothers me less than "I was gifted a <thing>."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Scathach posted:

"Sexy times" sounds like it came from a married teenager in the Bible Belt.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Whoa whoa whoa, the phrase "I was gifted (object)" bothers you? Now I'm curious as hell, why?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scathach posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, the phrase "I was gifted (object)" bothers you?

Not as much as unboxing and unhauling but sure.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Scathach posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, the phrase "I was gifted (object)" bothers you? Now I'm curious as hell, why?

I was indirectly gifted a baby during a broken-prophylactic-involved incident

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Scathach posted:

"Sexy times" sounds like it came from a married teenager in the Bible Belt.

Reminds me of an old favorite:

My new boyfriend cannot receive a blowjob like a normal human being

quote:

Before I begin -- I know this is going to sound like a joke, but please trust that it is real. You can be as skeptical as you want, but I'm the one who has to live out this nightmare.

I [24f] have been dating this new guy [26m] for the past 3 months and it's been going swimmingly. He's charming, funny, not a slob (important), we click, yada yada. The sex is also passionate and usually really good. His head game is on point and I reciprocate often. When giving him a blowjob he is vocal, which can't be said for many guys.

There is only one issue. He has a very "memey" sense of humor, which I generally enjoy. When I'm going down on him, he'll squirm and moan, but will only say variants of

Give me the succ

In the past 3 months I have kept mental note of all of these variant interjections. They include but are not limited to

She succ me
She succ me through my boxers
She succ me with no clothes on
Succ baby succ
I get the succ
All aboard the succ train
How to get the succ
I'm like the Zucc but I get more succ
60 minutes of succ
Succy succy long time
Fat succ
She want to fucc but first she succ
drat she fine when she succ
Deep succ
She succ me to Mars
She succ me to Antarctica
She succ me underground
Gimme dat first-class succ
She got a masters in succ
She got a PhD in succ
Succ as a second language
Suh Succ me like a hungry baby
Succ me into an existential crisis
Gimme dat succ-out-of-jail-free card
Succ at a 100
The first rule of succ club is give me the succ

I swear this is all he will say. If you don't believe me, I failed nearly every creative writing class in high school so there is no way I could've come up with all that poo poo. At first I thought it was the funniest thing on the planet. It's still funny. But it's hard to do my job when I can't stop cracking up. It's getting to the point where I can't really give him oral anymore because I start cackling even before we begin.

I kind of want him to stop because it's getting old, but then he will pull out some new outlandish phrase and grin devilishly as I struggle to pleasure him without choking on my own laughter. It's interfering with our foreplay at this point. We've spoken about it outside of the bedroom and he doesn't seem to take it seriously because I can't confront him about it without breaking down into bouts of laughter. And I kind of don't know if I want it to stop because it's so god drat ridiculous.

Please help me figure out if this is becoming a problem or if I've entered some sort of succ twilight zone that bestows immortality.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I was indirectly gifted a baby during a broken-prophylactic-involved incident

There was an orifice-involved shooting

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I know it's a week old, but this thread moves fast and I read slow.

CannonFodder posted:

"I was at work and my wardrobe malfunctioned, my pants and underwear fell off, so did my coworker's, and then I must have tripped and fallen onto her dick first and in the commotion now she's pregnant. Honest mistake, can happen to anyone."

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mordiceius posted:

Reminds me of an old favorite:

My new boyfriend cannot receive a blowjob like a normal human being

Stop blowing him every time he says something and either the problem will quickly solve itself, or you won't have to give blowjobs but will still get what sounds like some decent sex for less effort.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I don't even know what to think regarding this one. :psyduck:

AITA for my not stopping taking a poo poo for my grandma?

quote:

Not sure if this qualifies as nsfw, but I do talk about medical history and bathroms and stuff so idk LOL

For context, my (F17) grandma (F62) has had some health problems in the past few years. She's been diagnosed with diabetes, and last October just gotten a toe partially amputated because of it. Her recovery, however, has been great. She's back to the point where she can walk normally and regularly around the house, my grandpa has gotten her special shoes for walking, and by December she was able to travel outside, she seemed to be doing good.

Today, I came home from school and saw she was taking a nap on the couch. I went on the computer for a couple hours, then went to the bathroom to yk, poo poo. After like a minute I hear slamming on the door, my grandma saying "LET ME IN." I responded that I was using the bathroom and she yelled back she didnt care and to open the door. I said something like "bruh one second" the toilet is far from the door, so I finished making GBS threads and opened the door before I washed my hands so she could go into the toilet/shower part of the bathroom (?) but she didnt come in.

When I walked out she came storming out the bathroom down the hall saying she could've had an accident and she would made me clean it up, and that she knew I wasnt actually using the bathroom. Obviously I asked what she meant, and she went "I heard you were humming, I know you were practicing for your stupid choir in there." Atp I just laughed because thats ridiculous, and she stormed off.

Later my Grandpa knocked on my door and started lecturing me about how she could've had an accident and how I should've been quicker. The time from the knocking to me opening the door must have been no more than 30 seconds, and I pointed that out and how there was a second bathroom 2 doors down. Then he said that this was my biggest problem, I lacked respect and should have jumped up to let her in due to her recent injury, checked on her before I went in, and most definitely not laughed at her lecture.

Now I feel like I should've done more for her? Was I the rude one here? She's seemed fine for months, and I stopped regularly caring for her because she's said she wants to be more self sufficient. Should I apologize? Or just leave it?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

darkwasthenight posted:

Stop blowing him every time he says something and either the problem will quickly solve itself, or you won't have to give blowjobs but will still get what sounds like some decent sex for less effort.

She's also the rear end in a top hat here because she thinks "succ" jokes are funny. They deserve each other.

DoubleNegative posted:

Uh those grandparents can go gently caress themselves. I wonder what other terrible poo poo they say to this literal child?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
them loving themselves started this whole mess

mystes
May 31, 2006

DoubleNegative posted:

quote:

there was a second bathroom 2 doors down
I think you can safely think NTA

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

idiotsavant posted:

lol it doesnt affect a large amount of people, it potentially affects 8% of the US population, many of whom don't own a cellphone out of choice let alone eat at QR code restaurants in the scary city. this isnt a class issue anymore, this isn't really a thing anymore. And when Meemaw and Peepaw finally come out of the holler to buy a sandwich I'm sure someone will be able to help them

I'm sorry what? 8% of the US population is 26 million people, that's 'not a large amount' to you?! I'm pretty sure they aren't all living in the same holler in West Virginia.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 20, 2024

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Large is relative. In some contexts 100 people is a large amount of people and in some contexts, 26 million people is a small one.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

That and these mostly aren't people that want a smartphone and don't have one, they're people that choose to not have one. So that makes the statistic negligible in this context.

It's like saying "Holy poo poo almost 100% of the people in the study I did don't have phones at all!" Then you find out the study was about babies. Of course they don't.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Halloween Jack posted:

One morning as I was leaving for work, "High High Hopes" was on the radio when I turned the car on, so I switched it as fast as I could. I was about to drive off when my spouse came running out the front door and asked me if I was okay. I was like yeah, why? And they said "You were just screaming 'No, no, no' at the top of your lungs so I came to see what was wrong"

Welcome to Something Awful, Secretary Buttigieg.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Scathach posted:

That and these mostly aren't people that want a smartphone and don't have one, they're people that choose to not have one. So that makes the statistic negligible in this context.

It's like saying "Holy poo poo almost 100% of the people in the study I did don't have phones at all!" Then you find out the study was about babies. Of course they don't.

*Scoff* maybe yours dont. my babies are all early adopters: apple vision, watch and phone from the moment of birth.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Hughlander posted:

Super petty but I’m team Molly
Same. I'm also not a fan of OP for trying to stay neutral; cajoling other people to be the 'bigger person' is easy when you're not the one all of this poo poo is being said to. "I know he smashed your insecurity with an overhead sledgehammer swing within ten seconds of meeting you but please, be the bigger person, just let it go and let him win so I don't have to deal with all of this anymore." gently caress that and gently caress you, OP, that's how bullies keep getting away with their bullshit.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Scathach posted:

Are you seriously loving arguing there’s not a significant digital divide between those who are in poverty or experiencing houselessness and those who aren’t?

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 20, 2024

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'm all for using technology for making life easier but removing the ability to just walk in, look at a menu/goods, and handing the establishment cash is straight up creating barriers. Technology should be an option and can even be the preferred option but there needs to be a bare minimum that should be required and it's the one that's existed for over 1000 years.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Mandatory QR code menus are dumb and stupid.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I'm old, but I prefer not wasting paper when I can scroll through my phone way faster.

Get with the program, grandma.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Having been to a restaurant where the menu’s website didn’t work, not a fan. Luckily I could go to the counter and order, but drat was it annoying, as they had no printed menus.

Food was amazing but the closed shortly thereafter.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

DreamingofRoses posted:

Are you seriously loving arguing there’s not a significant digital divide between those who are in poverty or experiencing houselessness and those who aren’t?

No, I'm agreeing with the previously-posted fact that statistics have to be looked at more closely. As it was noted, a good portion of the people not using smartphones are people that don't want them, like the elderly. You can't just say 27 million US people don't have smartphones without looking at the reasons.

I hate the QR code menus just as much as everyone else. They suck, but you can always have a server bring you a menu or tell you what's on one using their phone.

The lack of physical maps is also stupid. It's like the way car companies are making the fix-it manuals only digital now. Like who tf wants to bring a tablet into a garage instead of a book that can be marked and whatnot?

Anyway I shouldn't have even gone into this, because it's a dumb derail. Again, let's laugh at bad relationships instead.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 20, 2024

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

I think the real question we need answered is what percentage of Americans have a smart phone in their go bag.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

How is this thread so long and we have so few "grandparents rights" weirdos happening? Wasn't that a huge thing a few years ago?

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Scathach posted:

We have a word for this already and the word is "given." "Gifted" isn't shorter or easier to say. It makes it sound like the author never learned how to conjugate the verb. That's forgivable for the ESL posters, but it bugs me coming from the otherwise-fluent.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

it costs $30 vs $20 at walmart to get a tracphone that can use qr codes instead of a dumb phone i think we will all be ok

Srsly, you can get a budget smartphone for the cost of a couple dinners out.

But it IS bullshit that you need a smartphone to do other things in society. Not to mention a computer.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Zorak of Michigan posted:

We have a word for this already and the word is "given." "Gifted" isn't shorter or easier to say. It makes it sound like the author never learned how to conjugate the verb. That's forgivable for the ESL posters, but it bugs me coming from the otherwise-fluent.

Sorry, gifted's correct now. Treasure these few remaining years where "given" is acceptably non-archaic.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

here's another classic

AITA for listening to worm music?

quote:

Recently I discovered worm music and i’m addicted to it. I listen to it all the time. I introduced some of my friends to worm music and they all love it too. The only person who doesn’t like it is my mom. when i put on worm music in the car she calls it gay and [slur for disabled people] and “not even music” After that I just decided to not play worm music in the car. Fast forward a few days and I was in my room playing worm music really loud. The thing about worm music is that when it’s loud it’s not really loud. My mom was across the house and she went over to the kitchen to get a drink and then she heard my worm music. She stormed into my room and screamed at me to turn it off.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Love worm music

mystes
May 31, 2006

WTF is worm music?

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
AITA for celebrating the birth of my son in front of my sister?

quote:

I(M28) and my long term gf(27) just had a beautiful boy and we couldn't be more ecstatic the whole family is overjoyed except my sister.

For context my sister(F37) had been trying to conceive with her ex-husband for about 6 yrs and unfortunately they didn't have any results which caused their divorce. This has of course devastated her as she's been really keen on having children for the past decade give or take. After the divorce they sold the house and she ended up moving back in with our parents since they have plenty of room.

Back to two days ago Hannah gives birth to our son and we'd agreed with my parents we would stay over at theirs for a few weeks so my mom could help with the baby whenever we needed. Once we got home from the hospital everyone was so happy we were showing everyone our son. Saw my dad and we just started hugging and jumping around the place while trying not to wake up the baby.

My dad was like 'you did it' and id reply 'and you're a grandad' both smiling ear to ear just being absolutely goofy. We then went over to look at the baby and in the process I hugged my sister who was standing there seemingly kind of spaced out. She immediately stars crying, I try to comfort her but the mood in the whole room has shifted and she just runs off up the stairs.

Now we're left there standing my mom gives me the eyes and says me and dad shouldn't have celebrated like that in front of her. I told her she should be able to deal with it, she knew we were coming. I went upstairs but she didn't want to talk.

So AITA here?

Ps. if anyone has advice for moving forward that's also appreciated.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Just for this, I'm going to have that phrase in every book I get published.

Dude I understand why people are sad when they can't have a kid, but I don't understand not being happy for someone when they've had a kid. I can't even have kids and I'm excited for my friends when they do.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

We have a word for this already and the word is "given." "Gifted" isn't shorter or easier to say.

doesn't this describe most english synonyms?

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

That moist sandwich story always gets me thinking about how silly 'secret family recipes' are. From the secret mostly being 'they got it from the back of the box', to TV and social media sharing restaurant-quality step-by-step recipes, to even breaking down the science of cooking and baking itself, the act of guarding secret recipes seems a bit self-indulgent. I share my poo poo because the more people know how to cook, the less I have to cook, and it is scientifically proven that food tastes better when you don't cook it yourself. I share because I'm selfish.

This went off base a bit, but still.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I desperately need to know what worm music is

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Brimstone Inquiry posted:

That moist sandwich story always gets me thinking about how silly 'secret family recipes' are. From the secret mostly being 'they got it from the back of the box', to TV and social media sharing restaurant-quality step-by-step recipes, to even breaking down the science of cooking and baking itself, the act of guarding secret recipes seems a bit self-indulgent. I share my poo poo because the more people know how to cook, the less I have to cook, and it is scientifically proven that food tastes better when you don't cook it yourself. I share because I'm selfish.

This went off base a bit, but still.

My hunch is it comes from times when women's only perceived value was attractiveness and ability to cook. If they can steal your casserole they can steal your man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=C7YCZK2yQrY&si=f1734jeUYSeBXvpN&feature=xapp_share