Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Giving my partner a hug so that I can position them for the ripcord lariat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cutting an insanely cool promo on your love just to get an unprotected chair shot and then a senton from the top of the garage

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The cops haul both of us in because I put on the figure four but she reversed it

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Partner playfully tries to jump on me on bed, I just walk away and let her crash into the mattress.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
furthermore no big wrestlers should ever fight small wrestlers, lest impressionable fans go home and beat their children

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

furthermore no big wrestlers should ever fight small wrestlers, lest impressionable fans go home and beat their children

This reminded me of when Lance Archer fought Marko Stunt and someone tweeted that AEW was showing child abuse on TV.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Ah yes, the "Marko Stunt is child-coded" discourse

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Rey Mysterio truly is a bastard

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

apophenium posted:

Ah yes, the "Marko Stunt is child-coded" discourse

there were so many bad faith things from wwe fans like this early on in aew (i guess there still are), and a lot of them were centered around cody which is now ironic

some others i remember were:

people trying to cancel cody for running a cigar company with frankie kazarian because it was promoting smoking to children that watch wrestling

that vhs guy was tagging airlines cody was flying on to tell them that pharaoh was not a legitimate service animal

i think the same guy was posting emails he sent to peta about the pharaoh pyro incident

i’m happy for cody that none of those psychos harass him anymore now that he’s on the good team, and they’re instead harassing different wrestlers now

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://youtu.be/YvPny8MkTrQ?feature=shared

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i’m happy for cody that none of those psychos harass him anymore now that he’s on the good team, and they’re instead harassing different wrestlers now

people harassing Cody always made me feel bad, he seems like a pretty decent guy who means well

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i tried to one-winged angel my wife but i couldnt lift her into position and she laughed at me and now we're divorcing :(

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I used to think about the whole "does it look like domestic abuse" thing too, but all the intergender matches I've seen on the indies in many years are very pro wrestlingy and very obviously not at all like a real fight, and also they're very entertaining. The last time I really thought this was during Lucha Underground's latter seasons.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

When did you stop attending intergender wrestling with your wife?

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Step 1: Convince your partner to do the standing 69.
Step 2: TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER
Step 3: Cross arms and pin.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

there were so many bad faith things from wwe fans like this early on in aew (i guess there still are), and a lot of them were centered around cody which is now ironic

don't forget the absolute psychos infantalizing all the joshi talent, that was and is incredibly bizarre

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

But officer, I was just goozling my wife, she basically sandbagged the chokeslam attempt, you should be arresting HER

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

explaining to the family court judge that I did, in fact, give my wife the iggy (also known as the office)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Covering my eyes every time Chun Li fights someone not her in Street Fighter 2.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

don't forget the absolute psychos infantalizing all the joshi talent, that was and is incredibly bizarre

It's not that bizarre when you remember it's a Cornette-ism.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

they just love the taste of leather.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Twitter takes are bad

https://x.com/kenhudak/status/1781408742220652770?s=46

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

A comment on a Facebook post asking whether Swerve will win the title. While garden-variety racism etc. is too boring for the thread I can't stop giggling at "The Wokies"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He means Wookiees

Swerve is big on Kashyyyk

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
screeching at the tv when the shield debuted because nobody told me who they were ahead of time

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Watching AEW three times a week EVERY week for the past couple years and only knowing who Edge and Chris Jericho are

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tampa Bae posted:

screeching at the tv when the shield debuted because nobody told me who they were ahead of time

What? They were huge NXT stars Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Leakee, which every casual WWE fan of the time was incredibly familiar with!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's so stupid tweet, that spending any time analyzing it is pointless, but I still want to mention that this week's RAW featured household names Candice LeRae, Indi Hartwell, Ivy Nile, Maxxine Dupri, Katana Chance and Kayden Carter. I'm sure all the casual fans turned their tv off in disgust.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
AEWful finally remembers what his gimmick is.

https://twitter.com/aewfulwrestling/status/1781372209258238326?s=46

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/SittingNGorilla/status/1781381932993147265

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

This is just gonna lead to that "payoll sheet" where they had AEW paying Dusty Rhodes's corpse 2 million dollars a year and for some reason the Young Bucks got one paycheck they had to share

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZD25IfvK-4

i'm listening to learn

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i have some info for you *pulls out hastily printed invoice on a cd label sheet*

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

as heard on loving tooney talk. I didn't know NN had a podcast

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I said as much on Twitter: if this guy had an actual in, he'd not need breaking the news on the channel of a BTEC Muppet cosplayer.

It's just pure wishcasting. They're upset that CM Punk signing with WWE wasn't enough to get David Zaslav to kick down the door of TNT Sports and order the immediate cancellation of Dynamite, so they're pivoting hard.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I genuinely hope they get like 4x what they’re getting now, if only to see the meltdowns.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Feeling real bad for the office employee who’s gotta delete every email from “AEWDestroyer173848AcknowledgeME@yahoo.com” asking who the owner is.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Nice to see that the wrestling takes on Threads are as dumb as the wrestling takes on Twitter

me and the missus going to a couples retreat to find a new number one contender for our tag team titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

Nice to see that the wrestling takes on Threads are as dumb as the wrestling takes on Twitter

by this logic, live sport should be banned